Posted By: lumba Re: Should've been sorted - 13/09/17 10:15 PM
Stick to the topic please .
Posted By: Growler Re: Should've been sorted - 13/09/17 10:18 PM
Originally Posted By lumba
Stick to the topic please .

Like you always do ey nugget 'ed?

Go bake yer 'arse whistle
Posted By: lumba Re: Should've been sorted - 13/09/17 10:19 PM
Don't you bloody start with your bubbling bladder.
Posted By: Growler Re: Should've been sorted - 13/09/17 10:26 PM
Don't you bloody start with your bubbling bladder.

Gorra new titanium one.

LFC disappointment spec.
Posted By: Shaggydog Re: Should've been sorted - 13/09/17 10:28 PM
Fill your boots Wilki.

Oh you total sh1t st1rrer grin
Posted By: Derek Re: Should've been sorted - 13/09/17 10:37 PM
Have to say something, just to be involved in a Lumba thread. Whats it about again?
Posted By: lumba Re: Should've been sorted - 13/09/17 10:39 PM
Shaving before you head for the sun Del.
Posted By: Derek Re: Should've been sorted - 13/09/17 10:41 PM
Shaving before you head for the sun Del.

Down there?
Posted By: Kano Re: Should've been sorted - 13/09/17 10:43 PM
What should have been sorted?
Posted By: lumba Re: Should've been sorted - 13/09/17 10:44 PM
Michael Dawson
Posted By: Shaggydog Re: Should've been sorted - 13/09/17 10:48 PM
Michael Dawson

Johnny Evans
Posted By: ecnirp98 Re: Should've been sorted - 13/09/17 10:50 PM
Michael Keane
Posted By: lumba Re: Should've been sorted - 13/09/17 10:51 PM
Michael Myers
Posted By: ecnirp98 Re: Should've been sorted - 13/09/17 10:53 PM
Michael Myers

No forwards would dare go near him at least, be nice to have psycho in defence again smile
Posted By: Shaggydog Re: Should've been sorted - 13/09/17 10:58 PM
Engelbert Humperdink
Posted By: lumba Re: Should've been sorted - 13/09/17 11:00 PM
Thing is lads,this should've been sorted.
Posted By: Welsh_Wizard Re: Should've been sorted - 13/09/17 11:03 PM
Of course it should have. We should have risen up and got rid of FSG years ago.

But hey.
Posted By: Shaggydog Re: Should've been sorted - 13/09/17 11:06 PM

Well I'm right behind you, well actually quite a bit behind you, but you have my full support.
Posted By: Growler Re: Should've been sorted - 13/09/17 11:23 PM

My bladder is virtually sorted if that helps.

BERST proof now, so no more stinking hot p1ss posts anymore! laugh
Rejoice oh wise ones! laugh
Posted By: Growler Re: Should've been sorted - 13/09/17 11:24 PM
Originally Posted By Shaggydog

Well I'm right behind you, well actually quite a bit behind you, but you have my full support.

Wise move.
He has 'tendencies'
Posted By: Muj Re: Should've been sorted - 14/09/17 12:26 AM
Fill your boots Wilki.

hahaha . not again laugh
Posted By: Muj Re: Should've been sorted - 14/09/17 12:27 AM
not at all funny that wilks hasnt responded at all.need him here
Posted By: Snakeye Re: Should've been sorted - 14/09/17 04:31 AM
What the f is this about? I'm confused confused
Posted By: van Gogh Re: Should've been sorted - 14/09/17 07:06 AM
Wilks and his stinky boots apparently! laugh
Posted By: wilkij1975 Re: Should've been sorted - 14/09/17 07:31 AM
Fill your boots Wilki.

No need to. We all can see it but you're the one defending it.
Posted By: Muj Re: Should've been sorted - 14/09/17 05:16 PM
what is it about Wilks.
Posted By: Hercules/AF 58 Re: Should've been sorted - 14/09/17 05:21 PM

It will lumb's, but not by the good Klopp'o! I fear he doesn't have the boots for it.
Posted By: Kano Re: Should've been sorted - 16/09/17 06:59 PM

Has it been sorted yet?
Posted By: wilkij1975 Re: Should've been sorted - 16/09/17 07:09 PM
Don't worry. We can sort it next summer. Or maybe the one after that. Or the one after that. Plenty of time lads. Lets just be patient.
Posted By: lumba Re: Should've been sorted - 16/09/17 07:12 PM
You seem patient enough with FSG so that shouldn't be an issue with you.
Posted By: Kano Re: Should've been sorted - 16/09/17 07:14 PM
Don't know what to say mate...Rodgers / transfer committee used to buy"alternatives" and we ended up with Borini and Lambert up front... not sure why Klopp is resisting it'd be 100% speculation to try and explain it?
Posted By: wilkij1975 Re: Should've been sorted - 16/09/17 07:14 PM
I'd be happy to see them gone tomorrow as I keep saying. But they're not the one's who are picking our players and who can't sort out our defence for toffee.

They are the one's who put up good money this summer for players, players for positions that weren't a priority to buy for.
Posted By: wilkij1975 Re: Should've been sorted - 16/09/17 07:16 PM
Originally Posted By Kano
Don't know what to say mate...Rodgers / transfer committee used to buy"alternatives" and we ended up with Borini and Lambert up front... not sure why Klopp is resisting it'd be 100% speculation to try and explain it?

Alternatives don't have to be of a poorer quality though. Utd wanted Morata this last summer but couldn't do a deal so went for Lukaku. No drop in quality. Just an alternative.
Posted By: Kano Re: Should've been sorted - 16/09/17 07:23 PM
I agree with you mate, and I don't know why Klopp won't address the problem. Mourinho seems to have solidified his defence by adding Matic,maybe that's what we can look at? Still doesn't solve our set piece frailties though . Maybe the players need to take a good hard look at themselves as well,they're letting us and the manager down.
Posted By: lumba Re: Should've been sorted - 16/09/17 07:35 PM
Originally Posted By wilkij1975

Alternatives don't have to be of a poorer quality though. Utd wanted Morata this last summer but couldn't do a deal so went for Lukaku. No drop in quality. Just an alternative.
�250,000 a week.
Posted By: wilkij1975 Re: Should've been sorted - 16/09/17 07:35 PM

�250,000 a week.

�250000 a week what?
Posted By: wilkij1975 Re: Should've been sorted - 16/09/17 07:36 PM
I agree with you mate, and I don't know why Klopp won't address the problem. Mourinho seems to have solidified his defence by adding Matic,maybe that's what we can look at? Still doesn't solve our set piece frailties though . Maybe the players need to take a good hard look at themselves as well,they're letting us and the manager down.

They also lacked goals and that was addressed. Klopp just hasn't done his job properly here and there's no defending it.
Posted By: lumba Re: Should've been sorted - 16/09/17 07:38 PM
Do you think FSG will ever get near to paying that for a 'quality' player?
Posted By: klopp4kop Re: Should've been sorted - 16/09/17 07:39 PM
And yet here people were saying United dont get who they want. They don't need to if they are able to find suitable alternatives. You cannot say there were no alternatives to Van Dijk, or maybe I'm wrong and that there are fewer footballers than I previously thought.
Posted By: lumba Re: Should've been sorted - 16/09/17 07:47 PM
We've been buying alternatives for years and look where that's got us.
Posted By: wilkij1975 Re: Should've been sorted - 16/09/17 07:56 PM
Do you think FSG will ever get near to paying that for a 'quality' player?

Was that how much VVD wanted then? I read we were going to pay him more than City and Chelsea.

And are you saying that VVD isn't a top player?
Posted By: klopp4kop Re: Should've been sorted - 16/09/17 07:57 PM
Yes, but this was really the time where we could afford to go for quality alternatives. Back in the champions league after a prolonged absence and we [oops] it up with another [oops] transfer window. We spent months chasing one player and when told to [oops] off by Southampton we persisted even when accused of tapping a player. We had a champions league position we could have leveraged, which we didn't and now we're back in the same place.
Posted By: wilkij1975 Re: Should've been sorted - 16/09/17 07:58 PM

Like I've pointed out plenty of times and you're clever enough to know, an alternative doesn't mean lesser quality.
Posted By: Muj Re: Should've been sorted - 16/09/17 11:40 PM

our captain is an alternative too.explains everything
Posted By: Muj Re: Should've been sorted - 16/09/17 11:53 PM
We have a squad full of rejects a part from Firmino,Coutinho,Mane and MAYBE Salah. and they too were not really proven before coming to LFC. what are the chances these players could have ended up like other potential superstars we struggle to get rid of afterwards?

I know its not really an indicator but we do shopping at Sunderland,relegated newcastle, Schalke's free agents and fooking Saints.

And we want to compete with Real Madrid,Barca,Chelsea and city.

We are wee too delusional.Should stop living a lie . We were once the Great Liverpool.

Let that sink in
Posted By: EnergisedReds Re: Should've been sorted - 17/09/17 11:07 AM
Originally Posted By Muj
We have a squad full of rejects a part from Firmino,Coutinho,Mane and MAYBE Salah. and they too were not really proven before coming to LFC. what are the chances these players could have ended up like other potential superstars we struggle to get rid of afterwards?

I know its not really an indicator but we do shopping at Sunderland,relegated newcastle, Schalke's free agents and fooking Saints.

We are wee too delusional.Should stop living a lie . We were once the Great Liverpool.

Let that sink in

But why can't we compete with the likes of Burnley and Sevilla? I didn't have a lot of complaints when we were beaten by City, however not being able to beat Burnley and Sevilla at home is unacceptable especially after so much domination. Only City dominated the game as us yesterday, we drew they won 6-0
Posted By: EnergisedReds Re: Should've been sorted - 17/09/17 11:09 AM

Lukaku was an alternative for United, doesn't mean he is bad
Posted By: klopp4kop Re: Should've been sorted - 17/09/17 11:37 AM
Should have sold Coutinho, who isn't with the 130m being offered. We could have bought Lamar who wanted to play for us, and we could have bought a few more defenders
Posted By: ecnirp98 Re: Should've been sorted - 17/09/17 01:58 PM
Originally Posted By klopp4kop
Should have sold Coutinho, who isn't with the 130m being offered. We could have bought Lamar who wanted to play for us, and we could have bought a few more defenders

We had the money to buy defenders, we didn't have to sell Coutinho, we were trying to buy VvD without needing to sell Coutinho.

The reason we didn't buy a CB defender was Klopp decided it was VvD or no one, which was a bad decision as it has made us really weak defensively.

What we should have done is bought a decent available CB early on, like Michael Kean or De Vrij, which would have cost us �20-30 million, then go for VvD, if it doesn't come off, we still have a decent CB coming in, we were always going to sell Sakho, so that would have paid for him.

If we managed to get VvD it would really have strengthened us, then Klavan would have been pushed to 4th or 5th choice, with the new CB challenging Matip/Lovren for a starting place, if VvD came in he'd have a starting place improving the defence.
Posted By: lumba Re: Should've been sorted - 17/09/17 02:41 PM
Originally Posted By TiredReds

Cmon Vish their alternatives are a bit different to ours ,we're not in that league and that's the point .
Posted By: Muj Re: Should've been sorted - 17/09/17 03:14 PM
Originally Posted By Muj

Let that sink in

But why can't we compete with the likes of Burnley and Sevilla? I didn't have a lot of complaints when we were beaten by City, however not being able to beat Burnley and Sevilla at home is unacceptable especially after so much domination. Only City dominated the game as us yesterday, we drew they won 6-0

how can we compare with City mate. didnt they spend close to 200m or something alone this window? they got Aguero. who people are saying is even better than RVN. who was leading our attack?

everyone knows our midfield and defence are utter sshite. do u realistically think all can be replaced in one or two windows? even if we really had the money we were made to think is available.
And do you think that things would have been any different than they are now with such massive changes? would have needed a year or maybe longer before they will start to look like a team.

its an unfortunately long and slow process. we are no city and Maybe Klopp is no mourinho. theres no quick fix
Posted By: Muj Re: Should've been sorted - 17/09/17 03:17 PM

Cmon Vish their alternatives are a bit different to ours ,we're not in that league and that's the point .

about time we realize it. hasnt their alternative been scoring 20+ goals already? when did we last buy any such proven player for any position? our alternatives are rejects n come from sunderland and wolves
Posted By: lumba Re: Should've been sorted - 20/09/17 04:22 PM
Hmmm yeh i wonder why,could it be our many managers that don't want to sign world class players that cost the Earth to maintain or is it our owners that have no intention of signing these players that could make the difference?
Posted By: EnergisedReds Re: Should've been sorted - 20/09/17 04:27 PM

They bought a central defender for 35m, isn't it?
Posted By: lumba Re: Should've been sorted - 20/09/17 04:32 PM
Has he played yet?
Posted By: EnergisedReds Re: Should've been sorted - 20/09/17 04:34 PM
Has he played yet?

I think yes, but not a lot, I don't watch them.
Posted By: lumba Re: Should've been sorted - 20/09/17 04:36 PM
Neither do i, so probably wasn't a good example on your part Vish,disappointed.
Posted By: EnergisedReds Re: Should've been sorted - 20/09/17 04:37 PM
They also bought a DM for 40m who is regularly playing while our midfielder bought for about the same fee started for the first time yesterday and was crap
Posted By: lumba Re: Should've been sorted - 20/09/17 04:38 PM
I could of told you that.
Posted By: lumba Re: Should've been sorted - 20/09/17 04:39 PM
Plus we have a good one coming,did you wanna buy another Hendo in the mean time?
Posted By: TrueRed Re: Should've been sorted - 20/09/17 04:51 PM
All this talk of VVD. There's no way in hell Klopp would have played him last night anyway.

We have 2 squads.

Squad A - Klopp is trying to develop
Squad B - a feeder to Squad A

Second season on the spin and it's clear Klopp isn't taking the domestic trophies seriously.

Can't wait for the FA cup. I'm really looking forwards to watching our academy play again :-\
Posted By: Muj Re: Should've been sorted - 20/09/17 05:10 PM
so reaching that final was a fluke?
Posted By: EnergisedReds Re: Should've been sorted - 20/09/17 05:26 PM
Plus we have a good one coming,did you wanna buy another Hendo in the mean time?

Who is the other Hendo, Matic?
Posted By: TrueRed Re: Should've been sorted - 20/09/17 05:43 PM
Originally Posted By Muj

You mean the one he reached with Brendas team and then failed to secure a european position ?
Posted By: TrueRed Re: Should've been sorted - 20/09/17 05:44 PM

I remember Origi being the good one we were waiting on once.... hmmm
Posted By: lumba Re: Should've been sorted - 20/09/17 05:54 PM
Sometimes you just know a good un when you see it TrueRed,i'm so confident i'd eat KP's Y fronts if he flops....Keita that is.
Posted By: wilkij1975 Re: Should've been sorted - 20/09/17 06:28 PM

Buying a player for next season when we need them now is kind of pointless. As KP has said a few times, he'll be coming to a Europa team at best. Had we invested for the now (doesn't mean buying another Hendo), we could still have done this deal and had improvements now when we need them. Same with VVD. What we did this summer makes no sense what so ever and will hurt us.
Posted By: Muj Re: Should've been sorted - 20/09/17 06:29 PM
Originally Posted By TrueRed
Originally Posted By Muj

You mean the one he reached with Brendas team and then failed to secure a european position ?

well it still pretty much a brenda's team then if you wanna do that especially the "top performers"
Posted By: TrueRed Re: Should've been sorted - 20/09/17 06:49 PM
Of course, I hope you're right. Can't see him complementing the side though. I see him replacing Phil.
Posted By: TrueRed Re: Should've been sorted - 20/09/17 06:53 PM
Originally Posted By Muj
Originally Posted By Muj

well it still pretty much a brenda's team then if you wanna do that especially the "top performers"

So you think we have progressed then ?
Posted By: EnergisedReds Re: Should've been sorted - 20/09/17 07:33 PM
Originally Posted By Muj
Originally Posted By Muj

So you think we have progressed then ?

I don't think we have progressed from the team that came second, no. Mane is our most important player but not at Suarez level at least in that season, Salah is probably better than Sterling, Can or Wijnaldum are no SG, our central defence is no better. We however have more depth in the attacking midfield area.
Posted By: Barr Re: Should've been sorted - 20/09/17 07:34 PM
Matip could be good along side a better CB I think. Whether he gets that CB next to him before it is too late and he has gone past the point of no return remains to be seen.

The defence on the whole though is poor and it shouldn't surprise anyone really. Look at the players we have added to it. I know our fanbase more than most likes to big up the players and as soon as someone joins us they instantly become twice the player, but look at objectively. Simon Mignolet, Dejan Lovren, Ragnar Klavan, Alberto Moreno, Andy Robertson. Are these really defenders you expect to win a league title with? Really?

We have a high standard of forward player with Coutinho, Firmino, Mane and Salah. The difference in level between those and our defenders is huge. And that should be no surprise either when you look at the money we spend on our forward line compared to our defence. We spent �40m on Oxlade Chamberlain with a year left on his deal to come be a forward player squad man but yet constantly try sign bargains to patch a defence together. Now there is nothing wrong with finding a bargain when it is of a proven good player - like we should have done with Kolasinac in the summer and did do with Matip the year before - but that isnt the type of bargain we look for. Instead we try get Klavan or Robertson type bargains. Nothing against either of those players by the way, I don't blame either of them for what they have produced or what they will produce really because that is who they were before we signed them. The fault lies at the feet of the recruitment team, whoever that be.
Posted By: Hercules/AF 58 Re: Should've been sorted - 20/09/17 07:53 PM
Originally Posted By Barr
Matip could be good along side a better CB I think. Whether he gets that CB next to him before it is too late and he has gone past the point of no return remains to be seen.

The defence on the whole though is poor and it shouldn't surprise anyone really. Look at the players we have added to it. I know our fanbase more than most likes to big up the players and as soon as someone joins us they instantly become twice the player, but look at objectively. Simon Mignolet, Dejan Lovren, Ragnar Klavan, Alberto Moreno, Andy Robertson. Are these really defenders you expect to win a league title with? Really?

We have a high standard of forward player with Coutinho, Firmino, Mane and Salah. The difference in level between those and our defenders is huge. And that should be no surprise either when you look at the money we spend on our forward line compared to our defence. We spent �40m on Oxlade Chamberlain with a year left on his deal to come be a forward player squad man but yet constantly try sign bargains to patch a defence together. Now there is nothing wrong with finding a bargain when it is of a proven good player - like we should have done with Kolasinac in the summer and did do with Matip the year before - but that isnt the type of bargain we look for. Instead we try get Klavan or Robertson type bargains. Nothing against either of those players by the way, I don't blame either of them for what they have produced or what they will produce really because that is who they were before we signed them. The fault lies at the feet of the recruitment team, whoever that be.

Fully agree, we shop in the bargain basement, but they see us coming, so they ups the price, and still think we're getting a bargain! We need a new recruitment policy and we need a new recruitment team. And then we need a coach who can coach, and not just "high press" with "heavy metal" but all aspects of the game.
Posted By: wilkij1975 Re: Should've been sorted - 20/09/17 08:09 PM
Originally Posted By Barr

Spot on about the defence. It seems we could all see it apart from Klopp. I think Matip will be ok with a good partner and think Robertson will be a good buy. He already looks better than Moreno.

Oxlade Chamberlain was a weird buy especially as �40m would've bought a top CB.
Posted By: lumba Re: Should've been sorted - 20/09/17 08:11 PM
Good thread this.
Posted By: Kano Re: Should've been sorted - 20/09/17 08:18 PM
I wonder if your thread will outlast the Italian house DJ grin
Posted By: wilkij1975 Re: Should've been sorted - 20/09/17 08:32 PM
Good thread this.

It's as good as our defence.
Posted By: lumba Re: Should've been sorted - 20/09/17 08:40 PM
Means a lot cheers.
Posted By: wilkij1975 Re: Should've been sorted - 20/09/17 08:45 PM
You're welcome.
Posted By: lumba Re: Should've been sorted - 20/09/17 08:47 PM
Sorted
Posted By: wilkij1975 Re: Should've been sorted - 20/09/17 08:59 PM
Should've been.
Posted By: Muj Re: Should've been sorted - 22/09/17 12:15 AM
Good thread this.

laugh
Posted By: Kano Re: Should've been sorted - 12/10/17 09:51 PM
Sometimes you just know a good un when you see it TrueRed,i'm so confident i'd eat KP's Y fronts if he flops....Keita that is.

KP's Y fronts are well off the menu....Keita is the top performing midfielder in his league upto this point.
Posted By: Hercules/AF 58 Re: Should've been sorted - 13/10/17 03:09 PM
Hmmm yeh i wonder why,could it be our many managers that don't want to sign world class players that cost the Earth to maintain or is it our owners that have no intention of signing these players that could make the difference?

Thats disgraceful lumbs, how dare you ask a sensible question like that, forcing the lads to come up with the poverty excuse... again!
Posted By: wilkij1975 Re: Should've been sorted - 13/10/17 04:50 PM
Originally Posted By Hercules/AF 58

Thats disgraceful lumbs, how dare you ask a sensible question like that, forcing the lads to come up with the poverty excuse... again!

Keita.
Posted By: lumba Re: Should've been sorted - 13/10/17 05:36 PM
Really Wilki ? takes more than one.
Posted By: wilkij1975 Re: Should've been sorted - 13/10/17 05:44 PM
Really Wilki ? takes more than one.

Got to start somewhere haven't you?
Posted By: lumba Re: Should've been sorted - 13/10/17 05:50 PM
Oh we do love a rebuilding project don't we.
Posted By: lumba Re: Should've been sorted - 13/10/17 05:52 PM
You need solid foundations for a successful building project otherwise it a waste of bloody time . FSG out.
Posted By: wilkij1975 Re: Should've been sorted - 13/10/17 06:21 PM
So we shouldn't have bothered with Keita then? Are you not happy with his signing?
Posted By: lumba Re: Should've been sorted - 13/10/17 06:34 PM
Of course i'm happy but you're right,why bother if you don't add to that with the same quality.
Posted By: wilkij1975 Re: Should've been sorted - 13/10/17 06:42 PM
Well if Klopp had pulled his finger out of Van Dijk's arse this summer we could've had a decent defender or two.
Posted By: lumba Re: Should've been sorted - 13/10/17 06:56 PM
FSG have had seven years to pull Johns cigar out of his arse.
Posted By: wilkij1975 Re: Should've been sorted - 13/10/17 07:09 PM
What's that got to do with Klopp not buying a CB and leaving us massively short st the back?
Posted By: lumba Re: Should've been sorted - 13/10/17 07:17 PM
You're focusing on one transfer window Wilki,look through the window and see the bigger picture ffs.
Posted By: wilkij1975 Re: Should've been sorted - 13/10/17 07:28 PM
All I need to see is that a Klopp has fukked our season by not buying a defence.
Posted By: van Gogh Re: Should've been sorted - 13/10/17 08:57 PM
If we're only looking at this last summer window and the season we're playing right now, then I fail to see why anyone is even mentioning Keita at all.

We haven't paid for him yet and don't know whether he'll even come next summer with us seemingly dropping out of top 4 and maybe even an EL place.
Posted By: wilkij1975 Re: Should've been sorted - 13/10/17 09:09 PM
Because the club would look extremely, extremely, extremely bad if it didn't go through after announcing it so it must be water tight and therefore will go through.
Posted By: ecnirp98 Re: Should've been sorted - 13/10/17 09:18 PM
Because the club would look extremely, extremely, extremely bad if it didn't go through after announcing it so it must be water tight and therefore will go through.

I'm more concerned Keita won't want to join us if we don't sort the defence out and finish Top 4, it will be an interesting contract that they have agreed/signed, if we don't get top 4 and a RM/PSG/Barca come in for him, there must be clauses.
Posted By: wilkij1975 Re: Should've been sorted - 13/10/17 09:24 PM
You never know but you'd have to think that it'd be water tight for us to announce it.
Posted By: van Gogh Re: Should've been sorted - 13/10/17 09:28 PM

But that's exactly my point. We will indeed look stupid if it happens.

The intentions from our club to sign him might be good, but the effect of us going into meltdown this season (if that should happen) might not have been accounted for in the contract with Keita.

Again: The failure of not signing players essential for use this season can't be rectified by signing (or looking to sign) players in the future. We haven't even paid for him, so for me it's just as saying we might sign Bale, Ronaldo and Messi in the next 3 upcoming summer transfer windows.
Posted By: wilkij1975 Re: Should've been sorted - 13/10/17 10:04 PM
Originally Posted By van Gogh

But that's exactly my point. We will indeed look stupid if it happens.

The intentions from our club to sign him might be good, but the effect of us going into meltdown this season (if that should happen) might not have been accounted for in the contract with Keita.

Again: The failure of not signing players essential for use this season can't be rectified by signing (or looking to sign) players in the future. We haven't even paid for him, so for me it's just as saying we might sign Bale, Ronaldo and Messi in the next 3 upcoming summer transfer windows.

I said at the time that it's a bit of a let down as we need players for now and said the same for if we have a shocker. None of us know or will ever know the ins and outs of the deal but I have to think it's water tight or why announce it? We'd be stupid not to make it binding but that's not to say he won't go off the idea.

Just think, had we bought a decent defender or two we might not be worrying about having a shocker. As it is, the defence is having a shocker every week yet there's not five CB's in the world better than we have.
Posted By: van Gogh Re: Should've been sorted - 13/10/17 11:05 PM
I said at the time that it's a bit of a let down as we need players for now and said the same for if we have a shocker. None of us know or will ever know the ins and outs of the deal but I have to think it's water tight or why announce it? We'd be stupid not to make it binding but that's not to say he won't go off the idea.

Maybe to try and deflect our failure of signing either of Keita and VvD last summer, without even pay any money (avoiding the Torres/Carroll f*ckup)?

Just think, had we bought a decent defender or two we might not be worrying about having a shocker. As it is, the defence is having a shocker every week yet there's not five CB's in the world better than we have.

Exactly! Crazy innit? laugh
Posted By: Muj Re: Should've been sorted - 14/10/17 03:13 AM
FSG have had seven years to pull Johns cigar out of his arse.

laugh
© KopTalk Forums