KopTalk

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
Of course, I hope you're right. Can't see him complementing the side though. I see him replacing Phil.

Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
Originally Posted By Muj
Originally Posted By TrueRed
Originally Posted By Muj
so reaching that final was a fluke?

You mean the one he reached with Brendas team and then failed to secure a european position ?

well it still pretty much a brenda's team then if you wanna do that especially the "top performers"

So you think we have progressed then ?

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Muj
Originally Posted By Muj
so reaching that final was a fluke?

You mean the one he reached with Brendas team and then failed to secure a european position ?

well it still pretty much a brenda's team then if you wanna do that especially the "top performers"

So you think we have progressed then ?

I don't think we have progressed from the team that came second, no. Mane is our most important player but not at Suarez level at least in that season, Salah is probably better than Sterling, Can or Wijnaldum are no SG, our central defence is no better. We however have more depth in the attacking midfield area.

Under 18 Player
Under 18 Player
Matip could be good along side a better CB I think. Whether he gets that CB next to him before it is too late and he has gone past the point of no return remains to be seen.

The defence on the whole though is poor and it shouldn't surprise anyone really. Look at the players we have added to it. I know our fanbase more than most likes to big up the players and as soon as someone joins us they instantly become twice the player, but look at objectively. Simon Mignolet, Dejan Lovren, Ragnar Klavan, Alberto Moreno, Andy Robertson. Are these really defenders you expect to win a league title with? Really?

We have a high standard of forward player with Coutinho, Firmino, Mane and Salah. The difference in level between those and our defenders is huge. And that should be no surprise either when you look at the money we spend on our forward line compared to our defence. We spent £40m on Oxlade Chamberlain with a year left on his deal to come be a forward player squad man but yet constantly try sign bargains to patch a defence together. Now there is nothing wrong with finding a bargain when it is of a proven good player - like we should have done with Kolasinac in the summer and did do with Matip the year before - but that isnt the type of bargain we look for. Instead we try get Klavan or Robertson type bargains. Nothing against either of those players by the way, I don't blame either of them for what they have produced or what they will produce really because that is who they were before we signed them. The fault lies at the feet of the recruitment team, whoever that be.

"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly
H
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
H
Originally Posted By Barr
Matip could be good along side a better CB I think. Whether he gets that CB next to him before it is too late and he has gone past the point of no return remains to be seen.

The defence on the whole though is poor and it shouldn't surprise anyone really. Look at the players we have added to it. I know our fanbase more than most likes to big up the players and as soon as someone joins us they instantly become twice the player, but look at objectively. Simon Mignolet, Dejan Lovren, Ragnar Klavan, Alberto Moreno, Andy Robertson. Are these really defenders you expect to win a league title with? Really?

We have a high standard of forward player with Coutinho, Firmino, Mane and Salah. The difference in level between those and our defenders is huge. And that should be no surprise either when you look at the money we spend on our forward line compared to our defence. We spent £40m on Oxlade Chamberlain with a year left on his deal to come be a forward player squad man but yet constantly try sign bargains to patch a defence together. Now there is nothing wrong with finding a bargain when it is of a proven good player - like we should have done with Kolasinac in the summer and did do with Matip the year before - but that isnt the type of bargain we look for. Instead we try get Klavan or Robertson type bargains. Nothing against either of those players by the way, I don't blame either of them for what they have produced or what they will produce really because that is who they were before we signed them. The fault lies at the feet of the recruitment team, whoever that be.

Fully agree, we shop in the bargain basement, but they see us coming, so they ups the price, and still think we're getting a bargain! We need a new recruitment policy and we need a new recruitment team. And then we need a coach who can coach, and not just "high press" with "heavy metal" but all aspects of the game.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Barr

Spot on about the defence. It seems we could all see it apart from Klopp. I think Matip will be ok with a good partner and think Robertson will be a good buy. He already looks better than Moreno.

Oxlade Chamberlain was a weird buy especially as £40m would've bought a top CB.

lumba Offline OP
Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
Good thread this.

That job interview was going so well until I realized I was fukked up on acid in the middle of a cornfield naked and talking to a scarecrow.
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
I wonder if your thread will outlast the Italian house DJ grin

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By lumba
Good thread this.

It's as good as our defence.

lumba Offline OP
Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
Means a lot cheers.

That job interview was going so well until I realized I was fukked up on acid in the middle of a cornfield naked and talking to a scarecrow.
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion