Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11
K
Under 18 Player
Under 18 Player
K
And yet here people were saying United dont get who they want. They don't need to if they are able to find suitable alternatives. You cannot say there were no alternatives to Van Dijk, or maybe I'm wrong and that there are fewer footballers than I previously thought.

lumba Offline OP
Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
We've been buying alternatives for years and look where that's got us.

That job interview was going so well until I realized I was fukked up on acid in the middle of a cornfield naked and talking to a scarecrow.
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By lumba
Do you think FSG will ever get near to paying that for a 'quality' player?

Was that how much VVD wanted then? I read we were going to pay him more than City and Chelsea.

And are you saying that VVD isn't a top player?

K
Under 18 Player
Under 18 Player
K
Yes, but this was really the time where we could afford to go for quality alternatives. Back in the champions league after a prolonged absence and we [oops] it up with another [oops] transfer window. We spent months chasing one player and when told to [oops] off by Southampton we persisted even when accused of tapping a player. We had a champions league position we could have leveraged, which we didn't and now we're back in the same place.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend

Like I've pointed out plenty of times and you're clever enough to know, an alternative doesn't mean lesser quality.

Muj Offline
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad

our captain is an alternative too.explains everything

Steven Gerrard: Heartbeat of LFC.

football is fuckingg cruel
Muj Offline
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
We have a squad full of rejects a part from Firmino,Coutinho,Mane and MAYBE Salah. and they too were not really proven before coming to LFC. what are the chances these players could have ended up like other potential superstars we struggle to get rid of afterwards?

I know its not really an indicator but we do shopping at Sunderland,relegated newcastle, Schalke's free agents and fooking Saints.

And we want to compete with Real Madrid,Barca,Chelsea and city.

We are wee too delusional.Should stop living a lie . We were once the Great Liverpool.

Let that sink in

Steven Gerrard: Heartbeat of LFC.

football is fuckingg cruel
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Muj
We have a squad full of rejects a part from Firmino,Coutinho,Mane and MAYBE Salah. and they too were not really proven before coming to LFC. what are the chances these players could have ended up like other potential superstars we struggle to get rid of afterwards?

I know its not really an indicator but we do shopping at Sunderland,relegated newcastle, Schalke's free agents and fooking Saints.

And we want to compete with Real Madrid,Barca,Chelsea and city.

We are wee too delusional.Should stop living a lie . We were once the Great Liverpool.

Let that sink in

But why can't we compete with the likes of Burnley and Sevilla? I didn't have a lot of complaints when we were beaten by City, however not being able to beat Burnley and Sevilla at home is unacceptable especially after so much domination. Only City dominated the game as us yesterday, we drew they won 6-0

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend

Lukaku was an alternative for United, doesn't mean he is bad

K
Under 18 Player
Under 18 Player
K
Should have sold Coutinho, who isn't with the 130m being offered. We could have bought Lamar who wanted to play for us, and we could have bought a few more defenders

Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion