Fluminense president Mario Bittencourt has admitted that he expects André to leave his club in January.
Liverpool have been favourites to land the 22-year-old midfielder despite a host of new clubs having registered an interest in the player via his representatives.
A source close to Liverpool’s attempts to sign André posted specific information on the KopTalk Members’ website last month detailing logistics surrounding a delegation from Anfield making a visit to the Copa Libertadores final which Fluminense won on Saturday. That trip was more than a scouting mission as has been suggested by the media. However, there has been a twist on that front with a fresh update provided earlier today from the same source.
Numerous clubs continue to chase the highly-rated Brazil international who looks set to leave Fluminense after the 2023 FIFA Club World Cup which is played in December.
Commenting on the situation, Bittencourt said: “We are waiting. Today, there is no concrete proposal for André. But we are sure that after the [FIFA Club] World Cup – he will play in the [FIFA Club] World Cup – a stratospheric proposal will arrive. It could be the biggest sale in the club’s history.”
The player’s agent has also provided some insight on the situation. Speaking prior to last weekend’s final, Carlos Leite said: “He (Bittencourt) came to me and said that Fluminense had no interest in selling André this year.
“I talked to the player, explained it to him, and he bought the idea. We agreed that he would only be traded from January 2024 onwards.
“There were actually several proposals, all of which came to me I forwarded to Mario, but aware that there would be no negotiation.”
For the very latest on this situation, please monitor our live André thread here. This is continually updated with fresh snippets of information.
- Are you a die-hard, mature Red? Tired of social media nonsense when it comes to the Reds? Become a KopTalk VIP Member and become part of a very special community. KopTalk Est.1998.