KopTalk.com
Posted By: smithlee2011 Champions League Tickets - 28/08/14 10:54 PM
Need help smile

Looking to go to one of the home games in the champions league group stage this season but I've no idea where to get tickets
I googled tickets for the games but they are coming up at about 400-500 pound

Anyone any serious suggestions on how to get some?
Posted By: Growler Re: Champions League Tickets - 29/08/14 07:09 AM
Stan will probably know 'a man' that can flog you one for some obscene 4 figure amount of dosh if you REALLY fancy havin' yer kecks taken down and the shirt ripped off your back. mad

Alternatively, you can join me and a few others in my new multi fan sized accommodating lurve in nest to listen to the match on my yet to be purchased surround sound all singing dancing digi wireless. laugh

Fiver an 'ed, including a brew, digestive biccy, no aggro and lots of man luuuurve. laugh
Posted By: Stanley Park Re: Champions League Tickets - 29/08/14 07:30 AM
The real game will sell out but I don't believe the others will I can't believe you can't get them from the club online or by phone it may be because we have not played for a while there is demand but last time you could get them easy Basel of thst other team should be a synch especially if it's on TV
Posted By: Donut Re: Champions League Tickets - 29/08/14 07:59 AM
Originally Posted By: Growler
Stan will probably know 'a man' that can flog you one for some obscene 4 figure amount of dosh if you REALLY fancy havin' yer kecks taken down and the shirt ripped off your back. mad

Alternatively, you can join me and a few others in my new multi fan sized accommodating lurve in nest to listen to the match on my yet to be purchased surround sound all singing dancing digi wireless. laugh

Fiver an 'ed, including a brew, digestive biccy, no aggro and lots of man luuuurve. laugh

Radio city or merseyside confused
Posted By: Growler Re: Champions League Tickets - 29/08/14 08:33 AM
Originally Posted By: Duncan_Donut
Originally Posted By: Growler

Radio city or merseyside confused

Has to be City with Aldo.

I can even arrange for dancing Bears entertainment at half time too. laugh
Posted By: boxmonkey Re: Champions League Tickets - 29/08/14 09:00 AM
Originally Posted By: Stanley Park
The real game will sell out but I don't believe the others will I can't believe you can't get them from the club online or by phone it may be because we have not played for a while there is demand but last time you could get them easy Basel of thst other team should be a synch especially if it's on TV

CL games are priced at �23 for under 21 year olds, im sure you know this but for some reason you still choose to beat the same old drum about how we wont sell out for Cl games! do you still want a 90K new stadium by the way?
Posted By: Stanley Park Re: Champions League Tickets - 29/08/14 09:14 AM
Originally Posted By: boxmonkey

CL games are priced at �23 for under 21 year olds, im sure you know this but for some reason you still choose to beat the same old drum about how we wont sell out for Cl games! do you still want a 90K new stadium by the way?

People are struggling to pay the prem games so they cut back on other areas namely cup games I don't recall saying we need a 90k just we need the flexiability to move to 90k in the event the market moves that way which I believe it will. I was just trying to be helpful to the person I am pretty sure they will get a ticket by the normal route the lack of demand is demonstrated by the pricing. Why don't you stick to posting inane comments or trying to make threads unreadable that's more your line
Posted By: boxmonkey Re: Champions League Tickets - 29/08/14 09:29 AM
maybe I should take a leaf out of your book and just say the same thing in every post
Posted By: Stanley Park Re: Champions League Tickets - 29/08/14 09:43 AM
maybe I should take a leaf out of your book and just say the same thing in every post

Putting full stops right accross the screen on threads you dont like which makes the screen wide and unreadable for other users. This is the behaviour of a 14 year old boy. You may not like what I say but its based on real events and others may wish to read them and you dont have to read it. Such childish behaviour affects all users on the forum. It really is about time you grew up this a public forum where people express opinions that involves a certain respect and tolerance for other people who may have a range of views some of which you agree with some not but you are not the site owner or even a moderator.
Posted By: boxmonkey Re: Champions League Tickets - 29/08/14 09:54 AM
WE'RE DOOMED!
Posted By: Donut Re: Champions League Tickets - 29/08/14 09:57 AM
People are struggling to pay the prem games so they cut back on other areas namely cup games I don't recall saying we need a 90k just we need the flexiability to move to 90k in the event the market moves that way which I believe it will. I was just trying to be helpful to the person I am pretty sure they will get a ticket by the normal route the lack of demand is demonstrated by the pricing. Why don't you stick to posting inane comments or trying to make threads unreadable that's more your line

Alot of people can't get tickets to PL games so cup matches are the only option. You could always sack your (half) season ticket off and then you could go to the cup games wink
Posted By: Donut Re: Champions League Tickets - 29/08/14 10:01 AM
Anyway, that's another thread ruined whistle

Hope you get hold of those match tickets smithlee - hopefully someone can point you in the right direction smile
Posted By: boxmonkey Re: Champions League Tickets - 29/08/14 10:02 AM

Putting full stops right accross the screen on threads you dont like which makes the screen wide and unreadable for other users. This is the behaviour of a 14 year old boy. You may not like what I say but its based on real events and others may wish to read them and you dont have to read it. Such childish behaviour affects all users on the forum. It really is about time you grew up this a public forum where people express opinions that involves a certain respect and tolerance for other people who may have a range of views some of which you agree with some not but you are not the site owner or even a moderator.

all that from a man that wishes someone choke because he didn't agree with them crazy
Posted By: Stanley Park Re: Champions League Tickets - 29/08/14 10:29 AM
Back to the original post I would be surprised if you can't just buy them from the club
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Champions League Tickets - 29/08/14 11:23 AM

Yeah that full stop thing is annoying as Fvck
Posted By: Ninja Skrtel Re: Champions League Tickets - 29/08/14 11:31 AM

Posted By: boxmonkey Re: Champions League Tickets - 29/08/14 11:42 AM
laugh
Posted By: Donut Re: Champions League Tickets - 29/08/14 11:49 AM
Originally Posted By: Eliot

It fills my screen perfectly, figured he was just "drawing a line under it." confused
Posted By: Stanley Park Re: Champions League Tickets - 29/08/14 11:58 AM
Originally Posted By: Eliot

It has to be against the site rules
Posted By: smithlee2011 Re: Champions League Tickets - 29/08/14 11:58 AM

Hope you get hold of those match tickets smithlee - hopefully someone can point you in the right direction smile

Had a feeling it would go this way lol

As for the tickets, I take it there is virtually no chance of getting Real Madrid ones then?
If not then I wanna go to the Ludogorets one

When do they go on sale at the club and do you just buy them on the official website?
Posted By: Stanley Park Re: Champions League Tickets - 29/08/14 12:14 PM
Originally Posted By: smithlee2011

As for the tickets, I take it there is virtually no chance of getting Real Madrid ones then?

When do they go on sale at the club and do you just buy them on the official website?

When we get the season ticket forms you have to tick any cup games and you automatically get them. So there must be a few go to season ticket holders but we ticked no and I am sure many did especially when midweek and on the TV. I also want to go to the real game and spoke t my mate just now and he will try but I am not ever hopeful. But for the others I think you have every chance why not just contact the club you are not going to get any sense on here are you ?
Posted By: EnergisedReds Re: Champions League Tickets - 29/08/14 12:54 PM

When we get the season ticket forms you have to tick any cup games and you automatically get them. So there must be a few go to season ticket holders but we ticked no and I am sure many did especially when midweek and on the TV. I also want to go to the real game and spoke t my mate just now and he will try but I am not ever hopeful. But for the others I think you have every chance why not just contact the club you are not going to get any sense on here are you ?

Appears to me that the high demand is still here, great for the team then.
Posted By: Stanley Park Re: Champions League Tickets - 29/08/14 01:05 PM
I think the lad will get tickets for the other games vish but not the real game and who would not want to see real or barca at anfield ? Yes there is a high demand for tickets vish mainly because we are one of the biggest clubs in the world that has a very small stadium and so demand outstrips supply. The answer it seems is obvious built the infrastructure the club needs now and for the future. But that's a bad thing to do right ?
Posted By: EnergisedReds Re: Champions League Tickets - 29/08/14 01:44 PM
I think the lad will get tickets for the other games vish but not the real game and who would not want to see real or barca at anfield ? Yes there is a high demand for tickets vish mainly because we are one of the biggest clubs in the world that has a very small stadium and so demand outstrips supply. The answer it seems is obvious built the infrastructure the club needs now and for the future. But that's a bad thing to do right ?

No it's not a bad thing to do as long as the additional revenues cover for the costs, you know the required return on investment, otherwise it will be.
Posted By: Stanley Park Re: Champions League Tickets - 29/08/14 02:00 PM
Originally Posted By: vish LFC

No it's not a bad thing to do as long as the additional revenues cover for the costs, you know the required return on investment, otherwise it will be.

Stuff the return on investment stadiums are built for up to and beyond a hundred years you think long term strategic not short term profit. Unless of course you are a short term speculator then you think short term profit. I am pretty sure over say 30 to 40 yeats the stadium would make a very healthy return indeed.
Posted By: boxmonkey Re: Champions League Tickets - 29/08/14 02:06 PM
I see someone has turned another thread into his own personal rant again!
Posted By: lumba Re: Champions League Tickets - 29/08/14 02:11 PM
Don't read it then.
Posted By: KingoftheKop Re: Champions League Tickets - 29/08/14 02:14 PM
Wasn't it you who changed the subject of the thread boxmonkey? And I think if you read through the thread, you'll see Stan has at least once tried to get back to the original subject.
Posted By: EnergisedReds Re: Champions League Tickets - 29/08/14 02:22 PM

Stuff the return on investment stadiums are built for up to and beyond a hundred years you think long term strategic not short term profit. Unless of course you are a short term speculator then you think short term profit. I am pretty sure over say 30 to 40 yeats the stadium would make a very healthy return indeed.

You can be pretty sure, doesn't mean it's a fact.
Posted By: Stanley Park Re: Champions League Tickets - 29/08/14 03:52 PM
There is no such thing as a fact when you are projecting 30 to 40 years spock. We humans call it vision, hope and amibition.

Is that logical Jim ?

No but its what built the biggest projects in the united kingdom and the grandest football stadia Anfield was not logical when they first built it.
Posted By: KingoftheKop Re: Champions League Tickets - 29/08/14 03:54 PM
Posted By: EnergisedReds Re: Champions League Tickets - 29/08/14 04:45 PM
There is no such thing as a fact when you are projecting 30 to 40 years spock. We humans call it vision, hope and amibition.

Is that logical Jim ?

No but its what built the biggest projects in the united kingdom and the grandest football stadia Anfield was not logical when they first built it.

Maybe it was logical then, how do you know it wasn't? By the way, not all visions come true, in fact, those with the wrong assumptions or delusion go bust.
Posted By: lumba Re: Champions League Tickets - 29/08/14 04:49 PM
Plan long and prosper.
Posted By: Stanley Park Re: Champions League Tickets - 29/08/14 05:11 PM

Is that logical Jim ?

Maybe it was logical then, how do you know it wasn't? By the way, not all visions come true, in fact, those with the wrong assumptions or delusion go bust.

If we listened to you mankind would still be living in caves Mr UG what do you thing of this wheel idea ?
Posted By: Growler Re: Champions League Tickets - 29/08/14 05:12 PM

Is that logical Jim ?

If we listened to you mankind would still be living in caves Mr UG what do you thing of this wheel idea ?

It'll never catch on, but roll it in and gizus a butchers anyway. whistle
Posted By: EnergisedReds Re: Champions League Tickets - 29/08/14 07:59 PM

Is that logical Jim ?

Usual bull shiite again. Only a new LFC stadium will define thr great future of mankind. I wonder what great things you have done in your life, you can hardly pay a season ticket despite being an experienced supposedly CA.
Posted By: KingoftheKop Re: Champions League Tickets - 29/08/14 08:01 PM
Originally Posted By: lumba
Plan long and prosper.

hahaha
Posted By: Ninja Skrtel Re: Champions League Tickets - 29/08/14 08:12 PM
John Henry sends his regards smile . He says i should give Stan a big bear hug.
Posted By: TheMightyLFC Re: Champions League Tickets - 29/08/14 08:32 PM
........................................................................................................................................................
Posted By: TheMightyLFC Re: Champions League Tickets - 29/08/14 08:33 PM
what full stop thing? I tried but can't see any issues smile
Posted By: boxmonkey Re: Champions League Tickets - 29/08/14 08:35 PM
Neither can I!
Posted By: Ninja Skrtel Re: Champions League Tickets - 29/08/14 08:53 PM
Same here....................................................
Posted By: EnergisedReds Re: Champions League Tickets - 30/08/14 03:50 AM
Originally Posted By: sixtiesred
Originally Posted By: lumba
Plan long and prosper.

Same in stocks right short term is doggy unless lucky , long term is more realistic to give you a better return i dont know why people are arguing really
Yes we need a 65-70 k stadia fsg wont do it because there only looking at the now if they were looking long term they would build a new one common sense really ! most if not every corporate entity would choose either the now or the future fsg chose the now

Every responsible corporate entity should spend within their means else they go bust. FSG is increasing the stadium capacity by 30% (something that has been on the cards for almost 2 decades), and yet some here are not satisfied, just too bad for them I say.
Posted By: Stanley Park Re: Champions League Tickets - 30/08/14 08:37 AM
Not too bad for me mr Spock it's better for me as it is but too bad for the club and too bad for future fans but protecting your argument means more to you than those fundamental matters
Posted By: EnergisedReds Re: Champions League Tickets - 30/08/14 08:58 AM
Not too bad for me mr Spock it's better for me as it is but too bad for the club and too bad for future fans but protecting your argument means more to you than those fundamental matters

What the hell are you talking about? You better work a bit more so that you can pay your season ticket.
Posted By: Ninja Skrtel Re: Champions League Tickets - 30/08/14 09:36 AM
I get your point sixties, but we can hardly compare a 400mil investment with a sneaker shop.

P.S. that is not even remotely how extinction of a species takes place.
Posted By: Stanley Park Re: Champions League Tickets - 30/08/14 09:39 AM
quote=vish LFC]

What the hell are you talking about? You better work a bit more so that you can pay your season ticket. [/quote]

I mean want a adequate stadium for the club and the fans especially future fans. I want us to compete with the best in the uk and Europe. I apologise for having such unpalatable views. None of this is for myself as you imply it's better for me personally a fefurbishment or no development at all would be better for me. But if you support a club you want what's best for it and what's best for us is a new purpose built stadium with room for future growth.
Posted By: 5Rivers79 Re: Champions League Tickets - 30/08/14 09:49 AM
Been looking into the same thing as the op and the only place I can find tickets for the Real game are on ticket agency sites for around �500 a ticket. Even a premier league fixture ticket against a team like Leicester is �80-90 on these sites!
Posted By: Stanley Park Re: Champions League Tickets - 30/08/14 10:28 AM
Originally Posted By: Ninja Skrtel
I get your point sixties, but we can hardly compare a 400mil investment with a sneaker shop.

I thought it was �150m for the refurb ? If it's �400m as you say that's the price of the new stadium. So why are we spending such sums on tarting up anfield it seems complete madness. Unless you are getting confused again
Posted By: KingoftheKop Re: Champions League Tickets - 30/08/14 10:50 AM

Erm, not that it's related to the OP but can you expand on that?
Posted By: EnergisedReds Re: Champions League Tickets - 30/08/14 11:40 AM
Originally Posted By: sixtiesred

If you were selling vish trainers made in a small workshop and demand was so high you couldn't keep up with it as you are ? would you not get a bigger workshop to meet demand now and with enough scope to extend the workshop if demand kept growing to meet that demand in the future ? Yes or no ?

We are increasing the capacity by 30%, so what the hell are you talking about? I am dead sure this is based on demand and when the demand is more a solution will be found as they did unlike all the other owners we've had over the last 25 years. If the demand for the trainers at a given price is 30% more, doing a factory for 60% more capacity will make the business go bust. I hope you understand this as I have used the simplest of examples but usually this exercise is done in a more structured way in a business plan which includes discounted cash flows, sensitivity analysis which is based on assumptions which includes demographics, substitutes etc. LFC is not a small workshop but a huge enterprise.
Posted By: Stanley Park Re: Champions League Tickets - 30/08/14 12:15 PM
It is a huge enterprise but unfortunately with a limiting factor

FSG

They simply do not have the clout you hear vish talking about sensitivity analysis what utter tripe you would perform sensitivity analysis when marketing a new club shirt stadiums are long term strategic yes the sums come into it but very broadly and what matters is long term planning and vision which we seem to be in short supply of
Posted By: EnergisedReds Re: Champions League Tickets - 30/08/14 12:28 PM
It is a huge enterprise but unfortunately with a limiting factor

FSG

They simply do not have the clout you hear vish talking about sensitivity analysis what utter tripe you would perform sensitivity analysis when marketing a new club shirt stadiums are long term strategic yes the sums come into it but very broadly and what matters is long term planning and vision which we seem to be in short supply of

Total BS coming from the mouth of a so called accountant, in every proper busines plan one of the things you do is a sensitivity analysis or scenario planning if ever you have heard of this. Companies like Shell who have to plan over very long periods are masters of scenario planning. You are completely deluded. Now I am starting to understand why a chartered accountant cannot pay a season ticket.
Posted By: Stanley Park Re: Champions League Tickets - 30/08/14 12:38 PM
Of course of I have heard of it but it's a short term tactical thing and by the way I have worked for shell by Manchester airport internal audit Fairly typical of you vish no arguments and you launch into personal attacks and you seem obsessed with my earnings. Funny enough I see you on this site every minute of every day so your job must have plenty free time.

Some things need detailed analysis the further you look into the future the less value this has so if FSG are performing detailed calculations on 30 years hence they are idiots.
Posted By: EnergisedReds Re: Champions League Tickets - 30/08/14 12:46 PM
Of course of I have heard of it but it's a short term tactical thing and by the way I have worked for shell by Manchester airport internal audit Fairly typical of you vish no arguments and you launch into personal attacks and you seem obsessed with my earnings. Funny enough I see you on this site every minute of every day so your job must have plenty free time.

Some things need detailed analysis the further you look into the future the less value this has so if FSG are performing detailed calculations on 30 years hence they are idiots.

I can afford to post 24x7 so what? Have you ever heard of working smarter not longer? By the way, just check who the biggest poster is on the right of the screen.

In your internal audit you probably haven't come across the scenario planning which Shell does over very long periods. How I would love to be as idiot as FSG owners who are billionaires with the clever guy having problems to pay a season ticket.
Posted By: Stanley Park Re: Champions League Tickets - 30/08/14 12:58 PM
I never said FSG were not clever vish they are very clever too clever for some on here. If I was John Henry I would be doing what he is doing which is getting the maximum payback in the shortest time using this great club (sorry brand) as a short term investment. The club will be left forever limited when he leaves and we will be behind our rivals for all time but he will be happy and I presume so will you.
Posted By: Stanley Park Re: Champions League Tickets - 30/08/14 01:01 PM
In terms of my post count I have been on this site for well over 10 years vish and it was much better when I joined in terms of the quality of the posters I don't include you in that by the way you are a good poster although I disagree with your stance on the stadium. But some of the posters we have (without naming names) are juvenile to say the least and the post traffic is well down on what it used to be when I first joined
Posted By: EnergisedReds Re: Champions League Tickets - 30/08/14 01:05 PM
I never said FSG were not clever vish they are very clever too clever for some on here. If I was John Henry I would be doing what he is doing which is getting the maximum payback in the shortest time using this great club (sorry brand) as a short term investment. The club will be left forever limited when he leaves and we will be behind our rivals for all time but he will be happy and I presume so will you.

We have just spent more than 115m and around 50m net, I don't remember when we last did that if ever, we are in the process of increasing our ground capacity by 30% and you are still unsatisfied, especially for somebody who doesn't want to spend a 1000 quids a year for something he loves. So give me a brake.
Posted By: Stanley Park Re: Champions League Tickets - 30/08/14 01:10 PM

We have just spent more than 115m and around 50m net, I don't remember when we last did that if ever, we are in the process of increasing our ground capacity by 30% and you are still unsatisfied, especially for somebody who doesn't want to spend a 1000 quids a year for something he loves. So give me a brake.

What's up with your brake ? I would get that fixed you are endangering others lives as well as your own
Posted By: EnergisedReds Re: Champions League Tickets - 30/08/14 01:12 PM

What's up with your brake ? I would get that fixed you are endangering others lives as well as your own

All because of your negative thoughts
Posted By: Ninja Skrtel Re: Champions League Tickets - 30/08/14 01:14 PM
Originally Posted By: KingoftheKop

Sure, take dinosaurs for example, they were perfectly adapted to their surroundings, it was an unpredictable event which caused their extinction. These are things one can not plan for. Tigers for example too, perfectly adapted to their natural environment, over hunting is not something they can plan for or adapt to. These are unpredictable events out of their control. Unpredictable variables.

As a matter of fact, that is exactly what we could be avoiding. By upgrading at a smaller scale we are less prone to suffer the consequences of unpredictable events in the market or football world or at least minimize the negative effects.
Posted By: Stanley Park Re: Champions League Tickets - 30/08/14 01:17 PM
Exactly marko unpredictable events which is why we need space to expand or not expand as demands suit. Anfield refurb only gives us a single option
Posted By: EnergisedReds Re: Champions League Tickets - 30/08/14 01:23 PM
Exactly marko unpredictable events which is why we need space to expand or not expand as demands suit. Anfield refurb only gives us a single option

So you want LFC to spend 500m for something we might not need? Very clever.
Posted By: Stanley Park Re: Champions League Tickets - 30/08/14 01:42 PM

So you want LFC to spend 500m for something we might not need? Very clever.

It's what the club requires if it is to have a long term future e.g to compete with the very best. If you are saying FSG cannot deliver that then you have to accept medium to long term Liverpool FC will never be able to compete at the highest level.
Posted By: Donut Re: Champions League Tickets - 30/08/14 02:18 PM
Honest to god Stan..
Posted By: Stanley Park Re: Champions League Tickets - 30/08/14 02:29 PM
Honest to god Stan..

Its because I passionately believe its the right thing to do Dunc I have followed the club for 50 years and I live here and I work in local regeneration so I know a bit about the Local Enterprise Partnerships for both Manchester and Liverpool and LFC are making the biggest mistake in their history.
Posted By: smithlee2011 Re: Champions League Tickets - 30/08/14 02:31 PM
Originally Posted By: 5Rivers79
Been looking into the same thing as the op and the only place I can find tickets for the Real game are on ticket agency sites for around �500 a ticket. Even a premier league fixture ticket against a team like Leicester is �80-90 on these sites!

Yea ridiculous prices on them sites
My guess is that these sites buy a bucket load of season tickets and then make an absolute fortune selling the tickets at x10 the face value
The average non season ticket holder has little to no chance of going to big games frown
Posted By: KingoftheKop Re: Champions League Tickets - 30/08/14 02:38 PM

Sure, take dinosaurs for example, they were perfectly adapted to their surroundings, it was an unpredictable event which caused their extinction. These are things one can not plan for. Tigers for example too, perfectly adapted to their natural environment, over hunting is not something they can plan for or adapt to. These are unpredictable events out of their control. Unpredictable variables.

As a matter of fact, that is exactly what we could be avoiding. By upgrading at a smaller scale we are less prone to suffer the consequences of unpredictable events in the market or football world or at least minimize the negative effects.

99.9% of all species that have ever existed on Earth are extinct, focusing on a mass extinction event that killed the dinosaurs doesn't accurately represent causes for extinction for obvious reasons.

Tigers are becoming extinct because of three main reasons: habitat loss, poaching and population fragmentation. Two of those reasons are caused by man and so again Tiger extinction isn't an accurate representation.

I think you'll find the vast majority of extinctions are due to competition with other species, that is the struggle to survive in an enviorment with limited resources.

Tigers and Dinosaurs may very well have been perfectly adapted to their surroundings, but what you're failing to consider is the number of extinctions possibly caused by those species on other species that were not as perfectly adapted to their shared surroundings.

So to conclude, you're incorrect to suggest that sixties' extinction analogy was wrong.
Posted By: Donut Re: Champions League Tickets - 30/08/14 02:46 PM
Originally Posted By: 5Rivers79

Yea ridiculous prices on them sites
My guess is that these sites buy a bucket load of season tickets and then make an absolute fortune selling the tickets at x10 the face value
The average non season ticket holder has little to no chance of going to big games frown

I bought one of these ticket packages last season(?) for our match away to Chelsea - can't remember what it cost but the better part of the stand I was in was completely foreign.. Dutch, Germans & Scandinavians, barely a word of English.
It must happen a lot at Chelsea as they seem to have an area reserved for these tickets - the stand is quiet and the wombles are on the look out for supporters of the away team - hurling you out if you "celebrate" at the wrong time. Half the stand got kicked out when Liverpool equalised laugh

Must have been the season before last as we drew 1 - 1
Posted By: Donut Re: Champions League Tickets - 30/08/14 02:47 PM
Horrible having to sit in the home section - when we're playing away
Posted By: EnergisedReds Re: Champions League Tickets - 30/08/14 02:48 PM

99.9% of all species that have ever existed on Earth are extinct, focusing on a mass extinction event that killed the dinosaurs doesn't accurately represent causes for extinction for obvious reasons.

Tigers are becoming extinct because of three main reasons: habitat loss, poaching and population fragmentation. Two of those reasons are caused by man and so again Tiger extinction isn't an accurate representation.

I think you'll find the vast majority of extinctions are due to competition with other species, that is the struggle to survive in an enviorment with limited resources.

Tigers and Dinosaurs may very well have been perfectly adapted to their surroundings, but what you're failing to consider is the number of extinctions possibly caused by those species on other species that were not as perfectly adapted to their shared surroundings.

So to conclude, you're incorrect to suggest that sixties' extinction analogy was wrong.

What's all this post about? Is LFC going towards extinction or something?
Posted By: Donut Re: Champions League Tickets - 30/08/14 02:50 PM
According to some it may as well be whistle
Posted By: KingoftheKop Re: Champions League Tickets - 30/08/14 03:02 PM
Ha, yeah there's an asteroid expected to hit Anfield in 2017.. hadn't you heard? laugh
Posted By: lumba Re: Champions League Tickets - 30/08/14 03:04 PM

Bloody Chinese mad
Posted By: Ninja Skrtel Re: Champions League Tickets - 30/08/14 05:07 PM

You are mistaken KotK. Firstly the three reasons you list as to why Tigers are becoming extinct are all caused by man, not only two of them. Their habitat loss is mainly due to anthropogenic causes.

The process of extinction involves many factors, such as weather, habitat loss, environmental toxins, disease, and shrinking population dynamics.

These factors can be analyzed to predict extinction risks and rates for endangered species.

I gave dinosaurs and tigers simply as examples, surely you do not expect me to give a precise explanation as to how each and every species which has gone extinct has done so. Especially as we are losing about 10000 species every year. However, all science points to the direction that humans are the main cause.

Unlike the mass extinction events of geological history, the current extinction challenge is one for which a single species - ours - appears to be almost wholly responsible.

Now, if you would like to give me just one example of a species which went extinct due to it's failure to evolve and adapt to its natural environment, i will gladly listen.

However, this is my profession, environmental engineering and conservation, and I believe you will struggle to name a single species that went extinct due to failing to adapt.

Also, back to the STanley, you are assuming Anfield could never be expanded, you have no proof whatsoever and therefor are arguing with everyone based on no more than a hunch. That assumption of yours carries no more weight than the assumption which Vish is making, so reffering to him as Spock and trying to be patronizing and insult him is really not very classy. It portays you to be an insecure individual who has to try and belittle others to make himself seem bigger.

You are working off an assumption, Vish has another asumption, they differ...you disagree, fine, move on.
Posted By: KingoftheKop Re: Champions League Tickets - 30/08/14 06:39 PM
Of course I didn't expect you to list the reason behind every single extinction but you chose without doubt the most outrageous and extreme of examples in the event that caused the mass extinction of the dinosaurs. In regards to Tigers, their habitat loss is mainly due to environmental pollution caused by humans but not only, which is why I stated two reasons rather than three.

You claimed that not adapting to survive is not related in any way to extinction, which is categorically and unquestionably incorrect.

I'll admit that I've been drinking for two days straight and as a physicist, biology and biodiversity are not my fields but do you really expect me to name a species that went extinct due to it's failure to evolve and adapt to its natural environment? Considering that there are currently 8.7 million unique species on the planet today and that's 0.01% of all species in the history of the planet, there's undoubtedly absolutely millions of such species and the number of species made extinct by human influence would be absolutely insignificant in comparison. However, for the purpose of discussion how about the Burgess Shale Fauna for example?

As a physicist, I look at such topics from an extremely comprehensive perspective, after all the planet is 4.5 billion years old, it seems to me we're both looking at this topic from entirely disparate angles.

Anyhow, this discussion would probably be more fitting in the thread for things that don't deserve their own threads so I'll leave it there.
Posted By: Stanley Park Re: Champions League Tickets - 30/08/14 06:43 PM
What he said
Posted By: Ninja Skrtel Re: Champions League Tickets - 30/08/14 06:47 PM
Of course I didn't expect you to list the reason behind every single extinction but you chose without doubt the most outrageous and extreme of examples in the event that caused the mass extinction of the dinosaurs. In regards to Tigers, their habitat loss is mainly due to environmental pollution caused by humans but not only, which is why I stated two reasons rather than three.

You claimed that not adapting to survive is not related in any way to extinction, which is categorically and unquestionably incorrect.

I'll admit that I've been drinking for two days straight and as a physicist, biology and biodiversity are not my fields but do you really expect me to name a species that went extinct due to it's failure to evolve and adapt to its natural environment? Considering that there are currently 8.7 million unique species on the planet today and that's 0.01% of all species in the history of the planet, there's undoubtedly absolutely millions of such species and the number of species made extinct by human influence would be absolutely insignificant in comparison. However, for the purpose of discussion how about the Burgess Shale Fauna for example?

As a physicist, I look at such topics from an extremely comprehensive perspective, after all the planet is 4.5 billion years old, it seems to me we're both looking at this topic from entirely disparate angles.

Anyhow, this discussion would probably be more fitting in the thread for things that don't deserve their own threads so I'll leave it there.
. Indeed, this is a topic i would enjoy discussing with you in the non football section. I am a bit busy at the moment but will get back toyou
Posted By: Ninja Skrtel Re: Champions League Tickets - 30/08/14 06:58 PM
As far as the Burgess shale fauna is concerned, there is actually no proof that they went extinct. One theory suggests they did whilst another points out the similarities to some of today's species, for example arthropoda or annelida.

Related to the Burgess Shale fauna is the even better collection of animals in the Chengjiang Fauna of China, also in the Cambrian but earlier�about 525 mya.� Here we see clear representatives of echinoderms, arthropods, annelids, sponges, and even what seems to be a chordate.

The Burgess Shale fauna did disappear from the fossil record about 505 mya.� Maybe they suddenly went extinct, or perhaps they lived on but just weren�t preserved, since many of them were soft bodied and wouldn�t have fossilized easily.

Take note of the fact it says "suddenly" which would again point towards an unpredictable event, a once off or once in a millennia kind of event.

I can see why you can say the dinosaur example is extreme, but the tiger example is perfectly viable and just as rational as any other. The habitat loss is resulting from humans and human development. Climate can be a cause but again, humans have sped up global warming and are responsible for the extreme climatological events. It is humans who are a cause if their habitat loss, direct or indirect.
Posted By: Shaggydog Re: Champions League Tickets - 30/08/14 07:09 PM
And there was me thinking this was a footy forum.
Posted By: KingoftheKop Re: Champions League Tickets - 30/08/14 08:21 PM
The habitat loss is resulting from humans and human development. Climate can be a cause but again, humans have sped up global warming and are responsible for the extreme climatological events.

Oh, now that is an entirely new debate! laugh
Posted By: Ninja Skrtel Re: Champions League Tickets - 30/08/14 09:02 PM
Well, not really...the evidence is abundant.
Posted By: KingoftheKop Re: Champions League Tickets - 30/08/14 09:19 PM
Oh believe me, we're on the same team this time but there's more than a few that refuse to admit the scientific evidence.
Posted By: Ninja Skrtel Re: Champions League Tickets - 30/08/14 10:37 PM
Of course, but i tend to trust the 99.999 % who say it really cant be disputed. I mean the evidence is being witnessed by common folk already.
Posted By: KingoftheKop Re: Champions League Tickets - 31/08/14 12:07 AM
Of course, but i tend to trust the 99.999 % who say it really cant be disputed. I mean the evidence is being witnessed by common folk already.

Yeah you're correct in that it literally is that the evidence is so overwhelmingly obvious that 99.9% of reputable science institutions acknowledge it yet in the interest of appearing fair and unbiased the media still give air time to the 0.01% of conspiracy theorists.
Posted By: van Gogh Re: Champions League Tickets - 31/08/14 07:06 AM
Here is some info from the official LFC web site, regarding CL tickets: http://www.liverpoolfc.com/tickets/lfc-ticket-prices/european-prices

Aparently � 59 is the most expensive ticket type available for adults.
© KopTalk Forums