Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
Originally Posted By: KingoftheKop
Originally Posted By: Ninja Skrtel
I get your point sixties, but we can hardly compare a 400mil investment with a sneaker shop.

P.S. that is not even remotely how extinction of a species takes place.

Erm, not that it's related to the OP but can you expand on that?

Sure, take dinosaurs for example, they were perfectly adapted to their surroundings, it was an unpredictable event which caused their extinction. These are things one can not plan for. Tigers for example too, perfectly adapted to their natural environment, over hunting is not something they can plan for or adapt to. These are unpredictable events out of their control. Unpredictable variables.

As a matter of fact, that is exactly what we could be avoiding. By upgrading at a smaller scale we are less prone to suffer the consequences of unpredictable events in the market or football world or at least minimize the negative effects.

Sign Reus
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Exactly marko unpredictable events which is why we need space to expand or not expand as demands suit. Anfield refurb only gives us a single option

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By: Stanley Park
Exactly marko unpredictable events which is why we need space to expand or not expand as demands suit. Anfield refurb only gives us a single option

So you want LFC to spend 500m for something we might not need? Very clever.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By: vish LFC
Originally Posted By: Stanley Park

So you want LFC to spend 500m for something we might not need? Very clever.

It's what the club requires if it is to have a long term future e.g to compete with the very best. If you are saying FSG cannot deliver that then you have to accept medium to long term Liverpool FC will never be able to compete at the highest level.

D
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
D
Honest to god Stan..

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By: Duncan_Donut
Honest to god Stan..

Its because I passionately believe its the right thing to do Dunc I have followed the club for 50 years and I live here and I work in local regeneration so I know a bit about the Local Enterprise Partnerships for both Manchester and Liverpool and LFC are making the biggest mistake in their history.

Under 16 Player
OP Offline
Under 16 Player
Originally Posted By: 5Rivers79
Been looking into the same thing as the op and the only place I can find tickets for the Real game are on ticket agency sites for around £500 a ticket. Even a premier league fixture ticket against a team like Leicester is £80-90 on these sites!

Yea ridiculous prices on them sites
My guess is that these sites buy a bucket load of season tickets and then make an absolute fortune selling the tickets at x10 the face value
The average non season ticket holder has little to no chance of going to big games frown

Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
Originally Posted By: KingoftheKop
I get your point sixties, but we can hardly compare a 400mil investment with a sneaker shop.

P.S. that is not even remotely how extinction of a species takes place.

Erm, not that it's related to the OP but can you expand on that?

Sure, take dinosaurs for example, they were perfectly adapted to their surroundings, it was an unpredictable event which caused their extinction. These are things one can not plan for. Tigers for example too, perfectly adapted to their natural environment, over hunting is not something they can plan for or adapt to. These are unpredictable events out of their control. Unpredictable variables.

As a matter of fact, that is exactly what we could be avoiding. By upgrading at a smaller scale we are less prone to suffer the consequences of unpredictable events in the market or football world or at least minimize the negative effects.

99.9% of all species that have ever existed on Earth are extinct, focusing on a mass extinction event that killed the dinosaurs doesn't accurately represent causes for extinction for obvious reasons.

Tigers are becoming extinct because of three main reasons: habitat loss, poaching and population fragmentation. Two of those reasons are caused by man and so again Tiger extinction isn't an accurate representation.

I think you'll find the vast majority of extinctions are due to competition with other species, that is the struggle to survive in an enviorment with limited resources.

Tigers and Dinosaurs may very well have been perfectly adapted to their surroundings, but what you're failing to consider is the number of extinctions possibly caused by those species on other species that were not as perfectly adapted to their shared surroundings.

So to conclude, you're incorrect to suggest that sixties' extinction analogy was wrong.

D
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
D
Originally Posted By: smithlee2011
Originally Posted By: 5Rivers79
Been looking into the same thing as the op and the only place I can find tickets for the Real game are on ticket agency sites for around £500 a ticket. Even a premier league fixture ticket against a team like Leicester is £80-90 on these sites!

Yea ridiculous prices on them sites
My guess is that these sites buy a bucket load of season tickets and then make an absolute fortune selling the tickets at x10 the face value
The average non season ticket holder has little to no chance of going to big games frown

I bought one of these ticket packages last season(?) for our match away to Chelsea - can't remember what it cost but the better part of the stand I was in was completely foreign.. Dutch, Germans & Scandinavians, barely a word of English.
It must happen a lot at Chelsea as they seem to have an area reserved for these tickets - the stand is quiet and the wombles are on the look out for supporters of the away team - hurling you out if you "celebrate" at the wrong time. Half the stand got kicked out when Liverpool equalised laugh

Must have been the season before last as we drew 1 - 1

D
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
D
Horrible having to sit in the home section - when we're playing away

Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion
Can Elliott and Trent play together?
by Torres65 - 13/05/24 10:46 AM