Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Andred
Could Jota be moulded into a finisher under Klopp's coaching ? Failing that, I like Origi and Klopp says he's the best finisher in the squad. Could we keep him ?

I don't think the problem is being a natural finisher because our forwards have the highest number of goals in the league. I think what we need is a different type of CF who is tall enough to score from crosses, so that we can change a bit our game when required. Both Jota and Mane are good headers, but not in dense defences where height is important. This is why I think Lewandowski would be very helpful, he is both a natural finisher but also one of the best headers. The other problem I think we have is to defend physically/tightly, we don't seem to be good at that, we tend to follow the opponents and try to nick the ball instead of hard tackles.

O
Oli Offline
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
O
Then why donīt we go for Harry Kane now that City has Haaland.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Oli

Because FSG wont pay what levy will want

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Oli

Common, even City couldn't sign him last summer

O
Oli Offline
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
O
That was last summer and according to some stories he will want to leave if they donīt get into CL which is not out of the question yet.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Oli
That was last summer and according to some stories he will want to leave if they donīt get into CL which is not out of the question yet.

Spurs didn't want to sell at 100m, which we will never pay, so what makes you think we stand a chance?

A
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
A
Originally Posted By Stanley Park
Are we signing Nunez from benfica ?

I think with this being a World Cup year and a few notable players (Salah, Diaz, Matip and maybe Robertson) getting a mid season break it may make sense to go with what we currently have.

Bellingham has been tipped to come to Anfield and Nunez looks more than useful. This could all be engineered for next summer rather than this summer. With a fully fit squad we are well stocked with players in every position. The only concern is in losing Origi you lose that different type of forward who might get you out of a hole once or twice a season.

I don't see when we are so far ahead of all but one club in this country/world (and arguably more than their equal) why we need to make too many changes such as bemoaning lacking a natural finisher. If you score 130 + goals in a season I don't see why you need a "natural" finisher. For all that such a player brings I can't help but think that when such a person becomes a focal point that as a team you become more predictable. This is only the 2nd PL season that 3 players from the same team have scored 15 each of more. My point is that if x doesn't score y and z will get a goal somehow.

A
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
A
The other thing with Haaland is that he seems to being promised a move to Spain after 4 or 5 years. We wouldn't get involved in that type of demand from anybody. Start that game and you are into the realms of overpaid underperforming players like Pogba, Cavani, Rashford, Rooney, Aubameyang, Ozil. Then you let them go without a fee having shelled out a fortune in getting them and then keeping them happy.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By AccaBoosty
The other thing with Haaland is that he seems to being promised a move to Spain after 4 or 5 years. We wouldn't get involved in that type of demand from anybody. Start that game and you are into the realms of overpaid underperforming players like Pogba, Cavani, Rashford, Rooney, Aubameyang, Ozil. Then you let them go without a fee having shelled out a fortune in getting them and then keeping them happy.

He seems to, says who? Didn't we lose players to Spain and they were among our best players. Sour grapes, right?

B
Trialist
Trialist
B
It's a pity Dalglish is old. He is our best-ever player.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion