Page 2 of 2 1 2
E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By EnergisedReds
Originally Posted By EMP
Originally Posted By kernowred
The club could end up with a 33/34 Yr old squad player with no value on a £400k+ a week contract.

i be honest about it...fsg should be crawling to salah on their hands and knees offering him the world ..not the other way around..salah is said now the best player on the planet...he is massive ..well worth 400k to the club ...sign him up u muppets.

FSG have a spending structure, whether on transfers or wages, can't see them changing anything for anybody

Salah is an exception, he lives a good quality life and looks after himself, I can see him playing until 36/37 like Ronaldo has, so there is a allot less risk giving him a big contract at 29 than say an all action MF type like Henderson who has struggled with injuries in the last few years.

This is a negotiation, so I am guessing we will reach an agreement, he does not have too many options, Barca cannot afford him, RM are going after Mbappe so cannot afford him also, only ones who could go for Salah are PSG if Mbappe leaves for RM next year, so I think FSG will do the deal soon, worse case, he has 2 years left on his current deal, so we let that run and keep him until then, negotiate a deal along the way when he is older and less value, we can also see how he is performing when older, this plays into our hands really.

1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
They need to break their structure and give him what he wants. He is a super star and his contributions to the club have been incredible. He is a top tier legend imo. Imagine telling Gerrard sorry we can't give you a pay rise you can go, that would be so disrespectful to what he has given to the club as a whole.

Back to Back World Champions baby!
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
The best thing Mo can do is keep banging in hat tricks and worldies and keep saying he wants to end his career with us. The media will put more and more pressure on our tight a...rsed owners.

1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
He just overtook Drogba as the highest African goal scorer and also became the only player to score a hatrick at old Trafford. Keep going Salah, you will get your contract eventually.

Back to Back World Champions baby!
Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
Could he go to Man City? They need a striker and he would be perfect for them

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By Stanley Park

There would be uproar in the fan base, I doubt FSG would survive it and they would have to go against Klopp and risk him leaving, but it did happen with Sterling, though with Sterling we did not have Klopp and had not won anything/had no prospects of winning things ATM and Sterling's relationship with Rodgers/Exec's had broken down, not helped by his agent, Salah does not feel like that.

I just cannot see him leaving, usually there are a few top European clubs offering better money/prospects, like Barca did with Suarez & RM with Alonso, but they cannot afford him now and have other targets.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Snakeye
They need to break their structure and give him what he wants. He is a super star and his contributions to the club have been incredible. He is a top tier legend imo. Imagine telling Gerrard sorry we can't give you a pay rise you can go, that would be so disrespectful to what he has given to the club as a whole.

Well, this is what happened with Gerrard, and it was not even a pay rise

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Stanley Park

No he is not a striker, they have Mahrez and Silva in the same position

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion