KopTalk.com
Posted By: Stanley Park If salah does not sign new contract - 23/10/21 10:37 AM
FSG will not recover from it

The backlash and situation they will be in will be intolerable
Posted By: Pickles Re: If salah does not sign new contract - 23/10/21 10:44 AM
Yep...Emre Can, Gini Wijnaldum and then Salah???

Allowing players to walk out the door on a FREE, especially integral players, yeah there'll be protests like they've never seen before.
Originally Posted By Stanley Park
FSG will not recover from it

The backlash and situation they will be in will be intolerable

I don't think they care about anything unless it's not significant in terms of money, they are not even around to see any backlash
Posted By: kernowred Re: If salah does not sign new contract - 23/10/21 07:13 PM
Salah's demands are to high and risk disrupting the wage structure.
the club are going to end up with a 30 year old player with 1 year left on his contract which will certainly effect his value. if he had his way he would have been playing for Real Madrid a season ago. There's an argument to say we should have sold him when his value had peaked. I cant see FSG giving him what he wants.
Posted By: EMP Re: If salah does not sign new contract - 24/10/21 02:23 AM
they should or they are fools
Posted By: kernowred Re: If salah does not sign new contract - 24/10/21 08:23 AM
The club could end up with a 33/34 Yr old squad player with no value on a �400k+ a week contract.
Posted By: EMP Re: If salah does not sign new contract - 24/10/21 09:59 AM
Originally Posted By kernowred
The club could end up with a 33/34 Yr old squad player with no value on a �400k+ a week contract.

so bloody what...he is a mega star.. utd just resigned ronaldo at 36yrs old. be like barca letting messi leave at 29.. u don't do it if u wanna be a top club and klopp will leave if they mess it up
Posted By: EMP Re: If salah does not sign new contract - 24/10/21 10:06 AM

i be honest about it...fsg should be crawling to salah on their hands and knees offering him the world ..not the other way around..salah is said now the best player on the planet...he is massive ..well worth 400k to the club ...sign him up u muppets.
Posted By: Pickles Re: If salah does not sign new contract - 24/10/21 12:01 PM
He wants double what he is on now 200k per week to 400k per week.

Current contract ends Jun 30 2023.

DOB: Jun 15, 1992 - currently 29

He's never had any real problems with injuries whilst with us.

Season 20/21 in all comps:
Scored 31 Goals / Assists 6

Season 19/20 in all comps:
Scored 23 Goals / Assists 14

Season 18/19 in all comps:
Scored 27 Goals / Assists 14

Season 17/18 in all comps:
Scored 44 Goals / Assists 16

Liverpool Totals:
Appearances 214
Goals Scored 137
Assists 51

Much will depend on what the club does this season as I can't see FSG being in any rush to extend his contract with him having a year and a half left on his current contract. There's also the fact the plandemic could easily shut everything down again.

Originally Posted By EMP

i be honest about it...fsg should be crawling to salah on their hands and knees offering him the world ..not the other way around..salah is said now the best player on the planet...he is massive ..well worth 400k to the club ...sign him up u muppets.

FSG have a spending structure, whether on transfers or wages, can't see them changing anything for anybody
Posted By: ecnirp98 Re: If salah does not sign new contract - 24/10/21 01:10 PM
Originally Posted By EnergisedReds
Originally Posted By EMP

FSG have a spending structure, whether on transfers or wages, can't see them changing anything for anybody

Salah is an exception, he lives a good quality life and looks after himself, I can see him playing until 36/37 like Ronaldo has, so there is a allot less risk giving him a big contract at 29 than say an all action MF type like Henderson who has struggled with injuries in the last few years.

This is a negotiation, so I am guessing we will reach an agreement, he does not have too many options, Barca cannot afford him, RM are going after Mbappe so cannot afford him also, only ones who could go for Salah are PSG if Mbappe leaves for RM next year, so I think FSG will do the deal soon, worse case, he has 2 years left on his current deal, so we let that run and keep him until then, negotiate a deal along the way when he is older and less value, we can also see how he is performing when older, this plays into our hands really.
Posted By: Snakeye Re: If salah does not sign new contract - 24/10/21 06:05 PM
They need to break their structure and give him what he wants. He is a super star and his contributions to the club have been incredible. He is a top tier legend imo. Imagine telling Gerrard sorry we can't give you a pay rise you can go, that would be so disrespectful to what he has given to the club as a whole.
Posted By: Pickles Re: If salah does not sign new contract - 24/10/21 07:34 PM
The best thing Mo can do is keep banging in hat tricks and worldies and keep saying he wants to end his career with us. The media will put more and more pressure on our tight a...rsed owners.

Posted By: Snakeye Re: If salah does not sign new contract - 24/10/21 09:23 PM
He just overtook Drogba as the highest African goal scorer and also became the only player to score a hatrick at old Trafford. Keep going Salah, you will get your contract eventually.
Posted By: Stanley Park Re: If salah does not sign new contract - 25/10/21 10:45 AM
Could he go to Man City? They need a striker and he would be perfect for them
Posted By: ecnirp98 Re: If salah does not sign new contract - 25/10/21 11:20 AM

There would be uproar in the fan base, I doubt FSG would survive it and they would have to go against Klopp and risk him leaving, but it did happen with Sterling, though with Sterling we did not have Klopp and had not won anything/had no prospects of winning things ATM and Sterling's relationship with Rodgers/Exec's had broken down, not helped by his agent, Salah does not feel like that.

I just cannot see him leaving, usually there are a few top European clubs offering better money/prospects, like Barca did with Suarez & RM with Alonso, but they cannot afford him now and have other targets.
Originally Posted By Snakeye
They need to break their structure and give him what he wants. He is a super star and his contributions to the club have been incredible. He is a top tier legend imo. Imagine telling Gerrard sorry we can't give you a pay rise you can go, that would be so disrespectful to what he has given to the club as a whole.

Well, this is what happened with Gerrard, and it was not even a pay rise

No he is not a striker, they have Mahrez and Silva in the same position
© KopTalk Forums