KopTalk

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Success in the premiership is now determined by whatever Middle East despot takes you over. Man City and Newcastle dominating the premiership being a rich Arab plaything

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By EnergisedReds
Originally Posted By BARTON42
I wonder what the implications of the Newcastle takeover are for Liverpool and their owners.

Another petrodollar funded club for us to compete against. How long can the FSG model continue to defy the reality of competing against much richer and better funded clubs.

I would think that FSG must be starting to think that their model is not sustainable in the long run and maybe looking to get out while we still competitive.

Implications are simple, they will be like City when they were bought by the Arabs. If I am not mistaken, their local fan base is even higher than City. We were so unlucky when it comes to ownership, and the rest will be history. At least United has similar owners, if not worse

Yeah, at least Newcastle can fill their stadium !

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By ecnirp98
Originally Posted By BARTON42
I wonder what the implications of the Newcastle takeover are for Liverpool and their owners.

Another petrodollar funded club for us to compete against. How long can the FSG model continue to defy the reality of competing against much richer and better funded clubs.

I would think that FSG must be starting to think that their model is not sustainable in the long run and maybe looking to get out while we still competitive.

Implications are simple, they will be like City when they were bought by the Arabs. If I am not mistaken, their local fan base is even higher than City. We were so unlucky when it comes to ownership, and the rest will be history. At least United has similar owners, if not worse

Yeah, at least Newcastle can fill their stadium !

Newcastle used to have a bigger stadium than us, now I think it's about the same. They probably have enough fans to increase their stadium further, there is only one EPL team in their City. I would say the club has good potential. They just need to find a good manager and they'll get there

Last edited by EnergisedReds; 10/10/21 07:33 AM.
E
EMP Offline
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
everyone should just try relegate them this season.. they are crap enough and have a horrible fixture list till Jan

EMP #638909 10/10/21 11:08 AM
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By EMP
everyone should just try relegate them this season.. they are crap enough and have a horrible fixture list till Jan

Why does anybody need to do that, anyway, football doesn't work like that, you don't know what you are talking about? How would suddenly team be any more or less successful now?

E
EMP Offline
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By EMP

Why does anybody need to do that, anyway, football doesn't work like that, you don't know what you are talking about? How would suddenly team be any more or less successful now?

nice absolute nonsense contrarian post.

EMP #638911 10/10/21 01:41 PM
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By EMP
Originally Posted By EMP

It's your post which didn't make any sense whatsoever, why would anybody wish Newcastle to go down, only because they've got new owners? I don't have any issues with Newcastle

Last edited by EnergisedReds; 10/10/21 01:43 PM.
E
EMP Offline
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Thats not how the english language works , I know it's a second language to you, just a helpful tip.

EMP #638913 10/10/21 02:21 PM
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By EMP
Thats not how the english language works , I know it's a second language to you, just a helpful tip.

Yep, it is second or even 3rd language to me, so a better tip would be, what did you mean?

Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
Originally Posted By EMP
Originally Posted By EMP

It's your post which didn't make any sense whatsoever, why would anybody wish Newcastle to go down, only because they've got new owners? I don't have any issues with Newcastle

of coarse we want them to go down! we have missed to to money rich clubs so often. why the hell wouldnt we want the richest team in the country to get relegated?
it would also be funny if the European super league did come about! they wouldnt be in it

Last edited by kernowred; 10/10/21 03:02 PM.
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion