Newcastle takeover.

Posted by: BARTON42

Newcastle takeover. - 08/10/21 10:30 AM

I wonder what the implications of the Newcastle takeover are for Liverpool and their owners.

Another petrodollar funded club for us to compete against. How long can the FSG model continue to defy the reality of competing against much richer and better funded clubs.

I would think that FSG must be starting to think that their model is not sustainable in the long run and maybe looking to get out while we still competitive.
Posted by: EMP

Re: Newcastle takeover. - 08/10/21 12:05 PM

see how brave the newcastle journo's are now, any criticism and its dismemberment and not even telling ur family where the body is.

Re: Newcastle takeover. - 08/10/21 12:14 PM

Cash-oogi , rival fan taunt smile
Posted by: kernowred

Re: Newcastle takeover. - 08/10/21 07:42 PM

its a disgrace! Football is in a sh1t state and these clubs with mega rich owners are the reason why. the formation of the PL was the start of all this crap.
And that woman who looks like a man in a wig trying to say that the Saudi's are not in control of the club that they have just bought is a complete lie! there has been some serious back handers going on here. they will be able to completely disregard any FFP rules just like Man city have.
the PL condemned the idea of a Euro super league,but they are more than happy to allow this bollox.
all this with out even mentioning the human rights issues that surround this barbaric country.
Posted by: ecnirp98

Re: Newcastle takeover. - 08/10/21 08:01 PM

Saudi have not bought Newcastle to keep them as a bottom half club, whatever way they do it, Newcastle will be a top 4 club within 3-4 years I am guessing, will be interesting to see what happens with FFP, some interesting sponsorship deals coming in.....

They will not go in and buy an Mbappe or Neymar type, will be the 30-50 million types, build a decent squad of them, then add on top to that. Problem is that is also our shopping market level, so it will raise the cost of players at that level and the pay they will expect to turn down Newcastle, agents will be rubbing their hands in glee.

Probably just added 100K a week onto Salah's new contract as well, he will be linked to them within 24 hours !!!

Worrying thing is Klopp is leaving in around 3 years and that's when Newcastle will probably be challenging for Top 4, so we may struggle to compete if FSG are still running the club.
Posted by: RedJohn

Re: Newcastle takeover. - 08/10/21 09:21 PM

I imagine Brucie's already flicking through the job ads..

Re: Newcastle takeover. - 09/10/21 08:22 AM

Originally Posted By ecnirp98
Saudi have not bought Newcastle to keep them as a bottom half club, whatever way they do it, Newcastle will be a top 4 club within 3-4 years I am guessing, will be interesting to see what happens with FFP, some interesting sponsorship deals coming in.....

They will not go in and buy an Mbappe or Neymar type, will be the 30-50 million types, build a decent squad of them, then add on top to that. Problem is that is also our shopping market level, so it will raise the cost of players at that level and the pay they will expect to turn down Newcastle, agents will be rubbing their hands in glee.

Probably just added 100K a week onto Salah's new contract as well, he will be linked to them within 24 hours !!!

Worrying thing is Klopp is leaving in around 3 years and that's when Newcastle will probably be challenging for Top 4, so we may struggle to compete if FSG are still running the club.

Yup in 3 years time they will be another serious contender for top 4 spot.

I really do think that Premier League is going to have to get at least one more CL place. 4 is not enough given the size/strength of the top 6 or 7 clubs. UEFA need to adapt before there is another go at a European Super League. Giving England 2 more spots may be part of that.

Re: Newcastle takeover. - 09/10/21 01:10 PM

Originally Posted By BARTON42

I really do think that Premier League is going to have to get at least one more CL place. 4 is not enough given the size/strength of the top 6 or 7 clubs. UEFA need to adapt before there is another go at a European Super League. Giving England 2 more spots may be part of that.

Yeah, I think Uefa will have to do something, when the likes of Us, Man Utd etc are not qualifying regularly for CL, as we/they have the biggest support in the world and attract the TV viewers/sponsors, even neutral fans wants to watch them, so Uefa want/need the big historic names in the CL.

If they do not, the Super League talk will start up again, as these clubs will want guaranteed regular appearances in the top European competition, as that's where the money is.

Re: Newcastle takeover. - 09/10/21 03:37 PM

Yeah, I think Uefa will have to do something, when the likes of Us, Man Utd etc are not qualifying regularly for CL, as we/they have the biggest support in the world and attract the TV viewers/sponsors, even neutral fans wants to watch them, so Uefa want/need the big historic names in the CL.

If they do not, the Super League talk will start up again, as these clubs will want guaranteed regular appearances in the top European competition, as that's where the money is.

Completely agree EC98. It will be interesting to see how UEFA deal with making sure the likes of Liverpool, Man Utd, Arsenal and Spurs are regular participants in the Champions League. Makes no sense from anyones perspective for those clubs not to be playing in it regularly.
Posted by: EnergisedReds

Re: Newcastle takeover. - 09/10/21 03:48 PM

I wonder what the implications of the Newcastle takeover are for Liverpool and their owners.

Another petrodollar funded club for us to compete against. How long can the FSG model continue to defy the reality of competing against much richer and better funded clubs.

I would think that FSG must be starting to think that their model is not sustainable in the long run and maybe looking to get out while we still competitive.

Implications are simple, they will be like City when they were bought by the Arabs. If I am not mistaken, their local fan base is even higher than City. We were so unlucky when it comes to ownership, and the rest will be history. At least United has similar owners, if not worse
Posted by: Stanley Park

Re: Newcastle takeover. - 09/10/21 06:11 PM

Success in the premiership is now determined by whatever Middle East despot takes you over. Man City and Newcastle dominating the premiership being a rich Arab plaything

Re: Newcastle takeover. - 09/10/21 09:12 PM

Originally Posted By EnergisedReds

Implications are simple, they will be like City when they were bought by the Arabs. If I am not mistaken, their local fan base is even higher than City. We were so unlucky when it comes to ownership, and the rest will be history. At least United has similar owners, if not worse

Yeah, at least Newcastle can fill their stadium !

Re: Newcastle takeover. - 10/10/21 07:32 AM

Yeah, at least Newcastle can fill their stadium !

Newcastle used to have a bigger stadium than us, now I think it's about the same. They probably have enough fans to increase their stadium further, there is only one EPL team in their City. I would say the club has good potential. They just need to find a good manager and they'll get there

Re: Newcastle takeover. - 10/10/21 10:10 AM

everyone should just try relegate them this season.. they are crap enough and have a horrible fixture list till Jan

Re: Newcastle takeover. - 10/10/21 11:08 AM

Originally Posted By EMP
everyone should just try relegate them this season.. they are crap enough and have a horrible fixture list till Jan

Why does anybody need to do that, anyway, football doesn't work like that, you don't know what you are talking about? How would suddenly team be any more or less successful now?

Re: Newcastle takeover. - 10/10/21 11:12 AM

Originally Posted By EMP

Why does anybody need to do that, anyway, football doesn't work like that, you don't know what you are talking about? How would suddenly team be any more or less successful now?

nice absolute nonsense contrarian post.

Re: Newcastle takeover. - 10/10/21 01:41 PM

Originally Posted By EMP
Originally Posted By EMP

It's your post which didn't make any sense whatsoever, why would anybody wish Newcastle to go down, only because they've got new owners? I don't have any issues with Newcastle

Re: Newcastle takeover. - 10/10/21 01:52 PM

Thats not how the english language works , I know it's a second language to you, just a helpful tip.

Re: Newcastle takeover. - 10/10/21 02:21 PM

Originally Posted By EMP
Thats not how the english language works , I know it's a second language to you, just a helpful tip.

Yep, it is second or even 3rd language to me, so a better tip would be, what did you mean?

Re: Newcastle takeover. - 10/10/21 03:01 PM

Originally Posted By EMP
Originally Posted By EMP

It's your post which didn't make any sense whatsoever, why would anybody wish Newcastle to go down, only because they've got new owners? I don't have any issues with Newcastle

of coarse we want them to go down! we have missed to to money rich clubs so often. why the hell wouldnt we want the richest team in the country to get relegated?
it would also be funny if the European super league did come about! they wouldnt be in it

Re: Newcastle takeover. - 10/10/21 05:03 PM

Originally Posted By kernowred

of coarse we want them to go down! we have missed to to money rich clubs so often. why the hell wouldnt we want the richest team in the country to get relegated?
it would also be funny if the European super league did come about! they wouldnt be in it

If we were jealous to United, I would understand, but, Newcastle, I'm not, can only blame our last 3 owners

Re: Newcastle takeover. - 10/10/21 05:58 PM

they have an evil murdering pyscho in charge , if thats not reason enough to wanna see them relegated then maybe ur as mad as he is smile
Posted by: RedJohn

Re: Newcastle takeover. - 10/10/21 08:33 PM

[/quote]

Implications are simple, they will be like City when they were bought by the Arabs. If I am not mistaken, their local fan base is even higher than City. We were so unlucky when it comes to ownership, and the rest will be history. At least United has similar owners, if not worse [/quote]

They get a bad rep for the money they take out but they've invested hundreds of millions into the team. Over 1 billion in 10 years apparently. Imagine Klopp being given anywhere near that?

If they'd gotten someone like Klopp they'd be winning titles and CL's. Long live Ole.
Posted by: Snakeye

Re: Newcastle takeover. - 10/10/21 09:24 PM

Good thing we won the title because it will be harder to win in the future with another cash loaded club.

Re: Newcastle takeover. - 11/10/21 02:49 AM

Originally Posted By EMP
they have an evil murdering pyscho in charge , if thats not reason enough to wanna see them relegated then maybe ur as mad as he is smile

Newcastle have an evil murdering psycho in charge, who is that? Now of you are talking about Saudi Arabia, then the first step should be stopping to buy your gasoline which has a high chance of coming from there and you should put pressure on your govt to severe diplomatic relationship with them, hoping Newcastle to get relegated because of that would be just hypocritical.

If we were bought by Saudis would you have stopped supporting the club, I read 93% of Newcastle fans are happy with the take over, dont think it would be any different for us.

Re: Newcastle takeover. - 11/10/21 09:43 AM

Originally Posted By EMP

Newcastle have an evil murdering psycho in charge, who is that? Now of you are talking about Saudi Arabia, then the first step should be stopping to buy your gasoline which has a high chance of coming from there and you should put pressure on your govt to severe diplomatic relationship with them, hoping Newcastle to get relegated because of that would be just hypocritical.

If we were bought by Saudis would you have stopped supporting the club, I read 93% of Newcastle fans are happy with the take over, dont think it would be any different for us.

yes if MBS got his evil hands on LFC i would stop supporting them, of course, without a question and I am already actively involved in the boycott saudi movement and the boycott israel movement

Re: Newcastle takeover. - 11/10/21 11:00 AM

Originally Posted By EMP
Originally Posted By EMP

yes if MBS got his evil hands on LFC i would stop supporting them, of course, without a question and I am already actively involved in the boycott saudi movement and the boycott israel movement

And how do you boycott Saudi, how do you make sure that the gasoline you are using is not from there?

Re: Newcastle takeover. - 11/10/21 11:08 AM

with actual real life stuff: petitions ,protests etc. I can't analyze petrol nor would it make much of a difference if i could.. real life social and solidarity stuff.

Re: Newcastle takeover. - 11/10/21 12:43 PM

Best thing to do if you hate the Saudis is to support shale gas extraction. America is now a net exporter of energy following their decision to extract the gas. That damaged Saudi and the Middle East despots massively. Boris Johnson has just refused shell the opportunity to open a new gas field in the North Sea on global warming grounds that again would have reduced our reliance on Middle East energy.

As for Newcastle yes I hope they get relegated for the laugh factor. But medium term they and city will dominate being financed by two despotic regimes. I can see the super league coming back again.

Vish is correct emp the Saudis dont care about your protests but they do care about their revenues
Posted by: jim_beam

Re: Newcastle takeover. - 11/10/21 12:58 PM

Interesting topic which has certainly caused a lot of interest I must say.

Seems to be a lot of contradictions and assumptions happening here:

1. Newcastle will immediately (near future) become successful or the most successful team in the league

I don't buy this, Everton has loads of cash and have spent it and what have they achieved? Nothing. Yes Newcastle may build a good team but it will just increase the competition within the league I think this is a good thing. Just because they will have loads of cash does not mean players will get better, all it means is there is more cash in the system to buy players which will inflate player value more (probably bad). Players will still want to go to United, City, Chelsea, Madrid, Barca, Bayern etc

2. We won't be able to compete unless we have mega rich owners

We recently won the league, champions league, club world cup and built the best team in the division to compete with City. Has it made us more successful than City? No, but we have shown that on some level our model works. Leicester won the league as well in a division with other billionaire clubs.

3. We want rich owners without getting out hands dirty

Most rich owners of football clubs have some dirty dealings, Abramovich, City and now Newcastle. Is there a perfect owner for us out there who will lavish us with all the gifts we want and not have any downside to that? I'm not sure.

4. Human rights abuses

In a perfect world I would love for the British football to show some backbone and say we aren't going to deal with these people. In reality if we do it for Newcastle we have to have a level playing field for everyone else.

Also how many brits will go and holiday in Dubai this year, will watch the Qatar world cup on TV, how many of us are going to buy something from China this afternoon or watch a Disney film (yes the Saudis even have a stake in Disney). I don't necessarily like it but I wouldn't blame the Newcastle fans for just wanting to see some investment in their club. When it comes to politics we all talk a tough game but hardly every follow through.

Re: Newcastle takeover. - 11/10/21 01:05 PM

Originally Posted By Stanley Park
Best thing to do if you hate the Saudis is to support shale gas extraction. America is now a net exporter of energy following their decision to extract the gas. That damaged Saudi and the Middle East despots massively. Boris Johnson has just refused shell the opportunity to open a new gas field in the North Sea on global warming grounds that again would have reduced our reliance on Middle East energy.

As for Newcastle yes I hope they get relegated for the laugh factor. But medium term they and city will dominate being financed by two despotic regimes. I can see the super league coming back again.

Vish is correct emp the Saudis dont care about your protests but they do care about their revenues

I don't care what the saudi scumbag regime care or care not about, he is an evil mental man. I care about efforts to undermine him and make the place better.

As for boris and shell, from what i understand boris is opening up the north for oil exploration ..dangerous exploration at that. as with everything that comes out of boris's mouth its lies..so whatever he said the opposite is the truth

Re: Newcastle takeover. - 11/10/21 02:25 PM

Originally Posted By Stanley Park

Global warming is more dangerous than the Saudis though

Re: Newcastle takeover. - 11/10/21 02:43 PM

Originally Posted By jim_beam

1. Newcastle will immediately (near future) become successful or the most successful team in the league

I don't buy this, Everton has loads of cash and have spent it and what have they achieved? Nothing. Yes Newcastle may build a good team but it will just increase the competition within the league I think this is a good thing. Just because they will have loads of cash does not mean players will get better, all it means is there is more cash in the system to buy players which will inflate player value more (probably bad). Players will still want to go to United, City, Chelsea, Madrid, Barca, Bayern etc

We recently won the league, champions league, club world cup and built the best team in the division to compete with City. Has it made us more successful than City? No, but we have shown that on some level our model works. Leicester won the league as well in a division with other billionaire clubs.

Most rich owners of football clubs have some dirty dealings, Abramovich, City and now Newcastle. Is there a perfect owner for us out there who will lavish us with all the gifts we want and not have any downside to that? I'm not sure.

4. Human rights abuses

In a perfect world I would love for the British football to show some backbone and say we aren't going to deal with these people. In reality if we do it for Newcastle we have to have a level playing field for everyone else.

Also how many brits will go and holiday in Dubai this year, will watch the Qatar world cup on TV, how many of us are going to buy something from China this afternoon or watch a Disney film (yes the Saudis even have a stake in Disney). I don't necessarily like it but I wouldn't blame the Newcastle fans for just wanting to see some investment in their club. When it comes to politics we all talk a tough game but hardly every follow through.

You are right on most points except that you cannot compare Everton owners to the Saudis, you should compare the latter to City owners. Yes Everton owners are better than ours, but not enough to bridge the gap between LFC and Everton, at least not in the short term. As for us and Leicester winning the league, yes that's always possible, but every now and then rather than regularly. The 2 clubs winning the most number of titles recently are Chelsea and City and the reason is clear, however, the most important thing is to also have the right manager

Re: Newcastle takeover. - 11/10/21 03:56 PM

Originally Posted By jim_beam

4. Human rights abuses

Very good points and hard to disagree with any except point 2. We have had success but we are massively underachieving, given the clubs world status. And I would attribute the success we have had to klopp not the FSG model.

Re: Newcastle takeover. - 11/10/21 08:06 PM

a matter of timing too. if we won the league and big ears and then tried to sign Mane his price would double. same with salah. we gonna need big money now, unless we just stick with the young lads

Re: Newcastle takeover. - 12/10/21 03:28 AM

Originally Posted By EMP
a matter of timing too. if we won the league and big ears and then tried to sign Mane his price would double. same with salah. we gonna need big money now, unless we just stick with the young lads

You mean, if we would have won the CL the season before signing Salah, we would have had to pay 70m then? I don't think so, we paid 25m for Tiago, a player who had won everything in his career, actually, if we hadn't won those 2, he wouldn't even have considered us. Yes, some clubs could ask more money because we made more revenues winning those 2 cups, but not double, it's the market which decides the price, Salah market price won't double if another club wins the CL, but will, if he wins it with his club

Re: Newcastle takeover. - 12/10/21 07:51 AM

thiago was nearing the end of his contract and career

Re: Newcastle takeover. - 12/10/21 10:10 AM

Originally Posted By EMP

Correct Thiago not a good example
Posted by: Oli

Re: Newcastle takeover. - 12/10/21 10:52 AM

Tbh this Newcastle takeover might just be the final push in removing my interest in football. When they will be top 4 next season or even win it its the end.

Re: Newcastle takeover. - 12/10/21 04:43 PM

Originally Posted By EMP

Don't think Bayern wanted to sell him but he wanted to come to LFC, do you think that would have happened if we hadn't won those 2 cups?

Re: Newcastle takeover. - 12/10/21 04:44 PM

Originally Posted By Oli
Tbh this Newcastle takeover might just be the final push in removing my interest in football. When they will be top 4 next season or even win it its the end.

You mean you will stop watching games?

Re: Newcastle takeover. - 12/10/21 05:49 PM

Originally Posted By EMP

Don't think Bayern wanted to sell him but he wanted to come to LFC, do you think that would have happened if we hadn't won those 2 cups?

Hes not exactly been the new messi has he ? Hes ok but the price we paid reflects his worth
Posted by: Oli

Re: Newcastle takeover. - 13/10/21 07:57 AM

Yes ER i think so. But who knows Im so old I will probably have forgotten this next season.

Re: Newcastle takeover. - 13/10/21 07:21 PM

Originally Posted By Oli

these mega rich owners coming into football has not been good for the game one bit. since the formation of the PL as a cash generating machine it seems to be all the game is about now. its becoming pay to win and its being actively encouraged, unless there's a hint of a break away then there's hell up! Football has never been played on such an uneven playing field. its getting worse with every new mega rich owner and nothing is being done about it because the people in charge are getting very very rich.

Re: Newcastle takeover. - 14/10/21 01:37 AM

Originally Posted By Oli

these mega rich owners coming into football has not been good for the game one bit. since the formation of the PL as a cash generating machine it seems to be all the game is about now. its becoming pay to win and its being actively encouraged, unless there's a hint of a break away then there's hell up! Football has never been played on such an uneven playing field. its getting worse with every new mega rich owner and nothing is being done about it because the people in charge are getting very very rich.

Are you sure? I think there has always been clubs dominating the league, in the eighties it was us, then United, then a bit of Arsenal.

It looks to me that with money other clubs caught up like Chelsea and City, maybe Newcastle soon. Yes, we are the ones who have lost in the process, but it was not that even in the past neither. Before Chelsea, United was dominating because they were the wealthiest club, now there are other wealthy clubs to match them. The difference is that money wis becoming the determinant factor. FFP was not really done to protect clubs from going into bankruptcy but to prevent new clubs emerging into the elite.

I think smaller clubs (probably not fans) are happy as well as they can sell their home grown players for higher fees. The biggest winners are the players ultimately, but then, they are the ones providing the entertainment

Re: Newcastle takeover. - 14/10/21 07:00 AM

yes i am sure! the financial gap between the mega rich clubs and the teams in the lower leagues has never been greater. to try and solve this problem parachute money was introduced for relegated clubs. this money makes them one of the richest clubs in the league that they are relegated too and then they have an unfair advantage over the other teams in the league. Football is all to sh1t and its being allowed to happen.
Posted by: AccaBoosty

Re: Newcastle takeover. - 15/10/21 03:38 PM

Type of player that will be going to Newcastle are the failed/expensive signings made by the likes of Barcelona, Man Utd and Arsenal. Players on big wages who Newcastle could mop up on freebies or small fees for their clubs to let go. Coutinho, Van Der Beek, Ramsay.

And yes I hope they go down to the Championship too before any of that happens. Anything which delays or stalls their development on the pitch will always be welcome as we look to replace players over the next 2 or 3 years.

Re: Newcastle takeover. - 15/10/21 07:08 PM

yes i am sure! the financial gap between the mega rich clubs and the teams in the lower leagues has never been greater. to try and solve this problem parachute money was introduced for relegated clubs. this money makes them one of the richest clubs in the league that they are relegated too and then they have an unfair advantage over the other teams in the league. Football is all to sh1t and its being allowed to happen.

Yes the gap is probably greater but there has always been a few clubs dominating the league, in fact there are top 6 or 7 now, whereas in the past there was only United, Liverpool and Arsenal winning the league

Re: Newcastle takeover. - 15/10/21 07:10 PM

Originally Posted By AccaBoosty
Type of player that will be going to Newcastle are the failed/expensive signings made by the likes of Barcelona, Man Utd and Arsenal. Players on big wages who Newcastle could mop up on freebies or small fees for their clubs to let go. Coutinho, Van Der Beek, Ramsay.

And yes I hope they go down to the Championship too before any of that happens. Anything which delays or stalls their development on the pitch will always be welcome as we look to replace players over the next 2 or 3 years.

I don't understand why anybody would wish Newcastle to go down, it just smell jealousy

Re: Newcastle takeover. - 15/10/21 07:35 PM

I don't understand why anybody would wish Newcastle to go down, it just smell jealousy

99% of football fans would, maybe ur not normal

Re: Newcastle takeover. - 16/10/21 11:26 AM

Originally Posted By EMP

99% of football fans would, maybe ur not normal

What would you have done if the Americans sold to the Saudis?

Re: Newcastle takeover. - 17/10/21 06:22 PM

I wouldn't call it jealousy, with a good manager and good investment/player recruitment, Newcastle could be rivals for CL qualification/PL title in around 4-5 years, if they get relegated this season, that will make it more like 7-8 years and will delay the 'project', I want to see Liverpool win Trophies, that will be more achievable without a Saudi Oil funded rival, like it was easier to win trophies before Man City were bought by Abu Dhabi & co.

I cannot see Newcastle going down, they will bring in a decent manager and spend sensibly (not trying to bring in the equivalent of Robinho etc) in January, which should insure they survive.

Re: Newcastle takeover. - 19/10/21 01:33 AM

I wouldn't call it jealousy, with a good manager and good investment/player recruitment, Newcastle could be rivals for CL qualification/PL title in around 4-5 years, if they get relegated this season, that will make it more like 7-8 years and will delay the 'project', I want to see Liverpool win Trophies, that will be more achievable without a Saudi Oil funded rival, like it was easier to win trophies before Man City were bought by Abu Dhabi & co.

I cannot see Newcastle going down, they will bring in a decent manager and spend sensibly (not trying to bring in the equivalent of Robinho etc) in January, which should insure they survive.

Was ot really easier to win the EPL before the Emirati bought City and Abramovich bought Chelsea? Before that United was winning 75% of the EPL, I think it has made the EPL more competitive, for everyone

Re: Newcastle takeover. - 19/10/21 10:23 AM

Was ot really easier to win the EPL before the Emirati bought City and Abramovich bought Chelsea? Before that United was winning 75% of the EPL, I think it has made the EPL more competitive, for everyone

I think it was easier then, if Man Utd had a bad season before City & Chelsea's money, you had a good chance to win the PL, now you have Man City, Chelsea and Man Utd as rivals, so you have to do better than all of them, all of which have/pay more money than us, conversely they do take more points off each other.

Re: Newcastle takeover. - 24/10/21 10:09 AM

police investigating "offensive " banner at palace... thats a bloody joke...you can't offend murderers now? lol ...the premier league gonna press charges are they? suppose they can afford the best lawyers now

Re: Newcastle takeover. - 24/10/21 01:01 PM

Originally Posted By EMP
police investigating "offensive " banner at palace... thats a bloody joke...you can't offend murderers now? lol ...the premier league gonna press charges are they? suppose they can afford the best lawyers now

Huge double standards - Fans could be prosecuted for highlighting a proven murder, but the people behind it are allowed to offer fall guys to protect themselves.

Saudi should never be allowed to forget this, so they regret their attempt at sports washing, every away fan group should be issued a banner to have at the game, so Saudi regret this sport washing and are reminded of it on global TV, might detract other dodgy regimes getting involved in backing PL clubs.