Rate Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#638894 08/10/21 10:30 AM
B
Under 16 Player
OP Offline
Under 16 Player
B
I wonder what the implications of the Newcastle takeover are for Liverpool and their owners.

Another petrodollar funded club for us to compete against. How long can the FSG model continue to defy the reality of competing against much richer and better funded clubs.

I would think that FSG must be starting to think that their model is not sustainable in the long run and maybe looking to get out while we still competitive.

E
EMP Offline
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
see how brave the newcastle journo's are now, any criticism and its dismemberment and not even telling ur family where the body is.

E
EMP Offline
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Cash-oogi , rival fan taunt smile

Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
its a disgrace! Football is in a sh1t state and these clubs with mega rich owners are the reason why. the formation of the PL was the start of all this crap.
And that woman who looks like a man in a wig trying to say that the Saudi's are not in control of the club that they have just bought is a complete lie! there has been some serious back handers going on here. they will be able to completely disregard any FFP rules just like Man city have.
the PL condemned the idea of a Euro super league,but they are more than happy to allow this bollox.
all this with out even mentioning the human rights issues that surround this barbaric country.

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Saudi have not bought Newcastle to keep them as a bottom half club, whatever way they do it, Newcastle will be a top 4 club within 3-4 years I am guessing, will be interesting to see what happens with FFP, some interesting sponsorship deals coming in.....

They will not go in and buy an Mbappe or Neymar type, will be the £30-50 million types, build a decent squad of them, then add on top to that. Problem is that is also our shopping market level, so it will raise the cost of players at that level and the pay they will expect to turn down Newcastle, agents will be rubbing their hands in glee.

Probably just added £100K a week onto Salah's new contract as well, he will be linked to them within 24 hours !!!

Worrying thing is Klopp is leaving in around 3 years and that's when Newcastle will probably be challenging for Top 4, so we may struggle to compete if FSG are still running the club.

R
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
R
I imagine Brucie's already flicking through the job ads..

B
Under 16 Player
OP Offline
Under 16 Player
B
Originally Posted By ecnirp98
Saudi have not bought Newcastle to keep them as a bottom half club, whatever way they do it, Newcastle will be a top 4 club within 3-4 years I am guessing, will be interesting to see what happens with FFP, some interesting sponsorship deals coming in.....

They will not go in and buy an Mbappe or Neymar type, will be the £30-50 million types, build a decent squad of them, then add on top to that. Problem is that is also our shopping market level, so it will raise the cost of players at that level and the pay they will expect to turn down Newcastle, agents will be rubbing their hands in glee.

Probably just added £100K a week onto Salah's new contract as well, he will be linked to them within 24 hours !!!

Worrying thing is Klopp is leaving in around 3 years and that's when Newcastle will probably be challenging for Top 4, so we may struggle to compete if FSG are still running the club.

Yup in 3 years time they will be another serious contender for top 4 spot.

I really do think that Premier League is going to have to get at least one more CL place. 4 is not enough given the size/strength of the top 6 or 7 clubs. UEFA need to adapt before there is another go at a European Super League. Giving England 2 more spots may be part of that.

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By BARTON42

I really do think that Premier League is going to have to get at least one more CL place. 4 is not enough given the size/strength of the top 6 or 7 clubs. UEFA need to adapt before there is another go at a European Super League. Giving England 2 more spots may be part of that.

Yeah, I think Uefa will have to do something, when the likes of Us, Man Utd etc are not qualifying regularly for CL, as we/they have the biggest support in the world and attract the TV viewers/sponsors, even neutral fans wants to watch them, so Uefa want/need the big historic names in the CL.

If they do not, the Super League talk will start up again, as these clubs will want guaranteed regular appearances in the top European competition, as that's where the money is.

B
Under 16 Player
OP Offline
Under 16 Player
B

Yeah, I think Uefa will have to do something, when the likes of Us, Man Utd etc are not qualifying regularly for CL, as we/they have the biggest support in the world and attract the TV viewers/sponsors, even neutral fans wants to watch them, so Uefa want/need the big historic names in the CL.

If they do not, the Super League talk will start up again, as these clubs will want guaranteed regular appearances in the top European competition, as that's where the money is.

Completely agree EC98. It will be interesting to see how UEFA deal with making sure the likes of Liverpool, Man Utd, Arsenal and Spurs are regular participants in the Champions League. Makes no sense from anyone’s perspective for those clubs not to be playing in it regularly.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
I wonder what the implications of the Newcastle takeover are for Liverpool and their owners.

Another petrodollar funded club for us to compete against. How long can the FSG model continue to defy the reality of competing against much richer and better funded clubs.

I would think that FSG must be starting to think that their model is not sustainable in the long run and maybe looking to get out while we still competitive.

Implications are simple, they will be like City when they were bought by the Arabs. If I am not mistaken, their local fan base is even higher than City. We were so unlucky when it comes to ownership, and the rest will be history. At least United has similar owners, if not worse

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion