Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Oli #638935 12/10/21 04:44 PM
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Oli
Tbh this Newcastle takeover might just be the final push in removing my interest in football. When they will be top 4 next season or even win it it´s the end.

You mean you will stop watching games?

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By EnergisedReds
Originally Posted By EMP
thiago was nearing the end of his contract and career

Don't think Bayern wanted to sell him but he wanted to come to LFC, do you think that would have happened if we hadn't won those 2 cups?

He’s not exactly been the new messi has he ? He’s ok but the price we paid reflects his worth

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
O
Oli Offline
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
O
Yes ER i think so. But who knows I´m so old I will probably have forgotten this next season.

Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
Originally Posted By Oli
Tbh this Newcastle takeover might just be the final push in removing my interest in football. When they will be top 4 next season or even win it it´s the end.

these mega rich owners coming into football has not been good for the game one bit. since the formation of the PL as a cash generating machine it seems to be all the game is about now. its becoming pay to win and its being actively encouraged, unless there's a hint of a break away then there's hell up! Football has never been played on such an uneven playing field. its getting worse with every new mega rich owner and nothing is being done about it because the people in charge are getting very very rich.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By kernowred
Originally Posted By Oli

these mega rich owners coming into football has not been good for the game one bit. since the formation of the PL as a cash generating machine it seems to be all the game is about now. its becoming pay to win and its being actively encouraged, unless there's a hint of a break away then there's hell up! Football has never been played on such an uneven playing field. its getting worse with every new mega rich owner and nothing is being done about it because the people in charge are getting very very rich.

Are you sure? I think there has always been clubs dominating the league, in the eighties it was us, then United, then a bit of Arsenal.

It looks to me that with money other clubs caught up like Chelsea and City, maybe Newcastle soon. Yes, we are the ones who have lost in the process, but it was not that even in the past neither. Before Chelsea, United was dominating because they were the wealthiest club, now there are other wealthy clubs to match them. The difference is that money wis becoming the determinant factor. FFP was not really done to protect clubs from going into bankruptcy but to prevent new clubs emerging into the elite.

I think smaller clubs (probably not fans) are happy as well as they can sell their home grown players for higher fees. The biggest winners are the players ultimately, but then, they are the ones providing the entertainment

Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
yes i am sure! the financial gap between the mega rich clubs and the teams in the lower leagues has never been greater. to try and solve this problem parachute money was introduced for relegated clubs. this money makes them one of the richest clubs in the league that they are relegated too and then they have an unfair advantage over the other teams in the league. Football is all to sh1t and its being allowed to happen.

A
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
A
Type of player that will be going to Newcastle are the failed/expensive signings made by the likes of Barcelona, Man Utd and Arsenal. Players on big wages who Newcastle could mop up on freebies or small fees for their clubs to let go. Coutinho, Van Der Beek, Ramsay.

And yes I hope they go down to the Championship too before any of that happens. Anything which delays or stalls their development on the pitch will always be welcome as we look to replace players over the next 2 or 3 years.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By kernowred
yes i am sure! the financial gap between the mega rich clubs and the teams in the lower leagues has never been greater. to try and solve this problem parachute money was introduced for relegated clubs. this money makes them one of the richest clubs in the league that they are relegated too and then they have an unfair advantage over the other teams in the league. Football is all to sh1t and its being allowed to happen.

Yes the gap is probably greater but there has always been a few clubs dominating the league, in fact there are top 6 or 7 now, whereas in the past there was only United, Liverpool and Arsenal winning the league

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By AccaBoosty
Type of player that will be going to Newcastle are the failed/expensive signings made by the likes of Barcelona, Man Utd and Arsenal. Players on big wages who Newcastle could mop up on freebies or small fees for their clubs to let go. Coutinho, Van Der Beek, Ramsay.

And yes I hope they go down to the Championship too before any of that happens. Anything which delays or stalls their development on the pitch will always be welcome as we look to replace players over the next 2 or 3 years.

I don't understand why anybody would wish Newcastle to go down, it just smell jealousy

E
EMP Offline
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By AccaBoosty

I don't understand why anybody would wish Newcastle to go down, it just smell jealousy

99% of football fans would, maybe ur not normal

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion