Page 2 of 2 1 2
P
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
P
Originally Posted By AccaBoosty
Originally Posted By EnergisedReds
But you don't need VAR for the shirt pull around the neck by Chiellini on Saka.
That was a sin bin or red in Rugby League let alone football.

Standard of officiating generally poor.

A red card for that one, I don't think so. It's not as if Saka was immediately on a one on one with the keeper and he was on the right side near the half way line, and the foul was not even dangerous, it was a what is called a professional foul and got a yellow card rightly so

A strong ref would have had him off rightly so. Also the stamp on Grealish was worthy of a red. To be fair I think if Chiellini had done that to a player with some balls they would have got up and decked him.

It was a professional foul nothing else. Yellow card. The tackle on Grealish was a red. Not sure he mean't it, but you cannot tackle like that

Last edited by paul66; 22/07/21 11:38 AM.
Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
But you don't need VAR for the shirt pull around the neck by Chiellini on Saka.
That was a sin bin or red in Rugby League let alone football.

Standard of officiating generally poor.

A red card for that one, I don't think so. It's not as if Saka was immediately on a one on one with the keeper and he was on the right side near the half way line, and the foul was not even dangerous, it was a what is called a professional foul and got a yellow card rightly so

A strong ref would have had him off rightly so. Also the stamp on Grealish was worthy of a red. To be fair I think if Chiellini had done that to a player with some balls they would have got up and decked him.

I don't think the pull was a red card, so nothing to do with the ref being strong or not, it just your opinion, doesn't mean it's right

Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
Originally Posted By jim_beam
Originally Posted By kernowred
I think the Stirling dive for a pen that was checked by VAR yet still given shows what a load of sh1t VAR has turned out to be.

Yes but it's about not re-refereeing the game and keeping some flow. Was it a pen? no but it is in the realms of a subjective decision and so the refs initial call stood, fair enough.

It's not about getting everything 100% correct and that's where we go wrong because we microscope a decision 4-5 times a game in the prem and the officials are terrified of the backlash. At least the refs in this tournament had some backbone and managment of the games.

It should really be something which is used perhaps once every 3-4 matches when someone was 4 yards offside for instance, not for tit for tat desicions. my view anyway.

Our officals last season were using it so much that they started to actually miss the blantently obvious errors because they were so focused on whether a toe nail was offside or not.

VAR was not going to solve all refereeing issues but only help refrees to have another chance of making the right decision. However, not all decisions are clear and therefore some are subjective, so we will not always agree with all decisions. What VAR has done is that it has reduced mistakes especially blatant ones

i was under the impression that the whole point of VAR was to get the big game changing decisions called correctly. It is doing nothing to stop players trying to con the ref,as was proved by Stirling and Kane.

Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By jim_beam
I think the Stirling dive for a pen that was checked by VAR yet still given shows what a load of sh1t VAR has turned out to be.

Yes but it's about not re-refereeing the game and keeping some flow. Was it a pen? no but it is in the realms of a subjective decision and so the refs initial call stood, fair enough.

It's not about getting everything 100% correct and that's where we go wrong because we microscope a decision 4-5 times a game in the prem and the officials are terrified of the backlash. At least the refs in this tournament had some backbone and managment of the games.

It should really be something which is used perhaps once every 3-4 matches when someone was 4 yards offside for instance, not for tit for tat desicions. my view anyway.

Our officals last season were using it so much that they started to actually miss the blantently obvious errors because they were so focused on whether a toe nail was offside or not.

VAR was not going to solve all refereeing issues but only help refrees to have another chance of making the right decision. However, not all decisions are clear and therefore some are subjective, so we will not always agree with all decisions. What VAR has done is that it has reduced mistakes especially blatant ones

i was under the impression that the whole point of VAR was to get the big game changing decisions called correctly. It is doing nothing to stop players trying to con the ref,as was proved by Stirling and Kane.

VAR hasn't erased all ref mistakes but has definitely reduced them

A
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
A

VAR hasn't erased all ref mistakes but has definitely reduced them[/quote]

YES because they are not making decisions. Therefore the number of mistakes is going to be reduced. Officials have not got better because of VAR. VAR is a safety net for them.

Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend

VAR hasn't erased all ref mistakes but has definitely reduced them

YES because they are not making decisions. Therefore the number of mistakes is going to be reduced. Officials have not got better because of VAR. VAR is a safety net for them. [/quote]

As long as there are less mistakes, who cares

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion