Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Snakeye Offline OP
1st Team Regular
OP Offline
1st Team Regular
"As you say, seven months ago I got injured and it's been a very, very long road," he told Liverpool's official website. "I had to take it step by step, as I have done. Things have been going well, I've not had a real setback or anything, I've just progressed nicely.

"In this latest stage for myself, I have come to a decision that I had to make: would I be involved in the Euros, yes or no? With everything that is going on, I feel physically it is the right decision that I've decided not to go to the Euros and to go into my last phase of rehab during the off-season.

"So, the full focus will be on preseason with the club and that's a realistic goal, so I am looking forward to that. Obviously I am very gutted to miss the Euros, to miss the European Championship and leading out my own country there, but things have been like they have and I have to accept it -- we all have to accept it. I think the decision to not go is the right decision in the grand scheme of things. It's tough, but I'm at peace with it."

Good news.

Back to Back World Champions baby!
E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Shame for him to miss it as captain, but sensible approach, good he will rehab over the summer and hopefully be ready for next season.

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion