KopTalk

Quick Links: View All | Latest News | Liverpool FC Forum | Off Topic Forum | KopTalk Members | Help

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#637970 - 12/05/21 11:36 AM Vvd rules himself out of Euros
Snakeye Offline
1st Team Regular

Loc: New Zealand
"As you say, seven months ago I got injured and it's been a very, very long road," he told Liverpool's official website. "I had to take it step by step, as I have done. Things have been going well, I've not had a real setback or anything, I've just progressed nicely.

"In this latest stage for myself, I have come to a decision that I had to make: would I be involved in the Euros, yes or no? With everything that is going on, I feel physically it is the right decision that I've decided not to go to the Euros and to go into my last phase of rehab during the off-season.

"So, the full focus will be on preseason with the club and that's a realistic goal, so I am looking forward to that. Obviously I am very gutted to miss the Euros, to miss the European Championship and leading out my own country there, but things have been like they have and I have to accept it -- we all have to accept it. I think the decision to not go is the right decision in the grand scheme of things. It's tough, but I'm at peace with it."

Good news.

#637971 - 12/05/21 12:51 PM Re: Vvd rules himself out of Euros [Re: Snakeye]
ecnirp98 Offline
1st Team Squad

Loc: Madchester
Shame for him to miss it as captain, but sensible approach, good he will rehab over the summer and hopefully be ready for next season.

Moderator:  KopTalk Team 
Shout Box

Advertisements

Liverpool FC Discussion
Adama Traore for 30million
by ecnirp98
13 minutes 45 seconds ago
Federico Chiesa
by klopp4kop
Yesterday at 10:37 AM
One more player.
by The Kop Prophet
25/07/21 04:39 PM
The Manchester City FFP saga continues
by Stanley Park
25/07/21 12:52 PM
VAR and offside at the EURO
by EnergisedReds
24/07/21 07:08 PM

General Discussion
What widely believed historical "fact" is actually ...
by EnergisedReds
17/07/21 02:55 AM
What did your teacher do that made you call them ...
by Pickles
01/07/21 11:37 AM

Top Posters (30 Days)
EnergisedReds 20
Pickles 13
ecnirp98 11
Dunk 10
Stanley Park 7
Snakeye 5
kernowred 4
elimmel 2
klopp4kop 2