Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By AccaBoosty
Originally Posted By EnergisedReds
Man U play Leicester just before us. Watch them throw that game away to stop us getting 4th. This playing 4 games in 8 days will be the only punishment they get for the postponement last weekend.

What happens if fans get it called off again? The FA needs to step up to the mark and make a decision before we get to next Thursday.

Each club is allowed fans back for one game before the end of the season. Perhaps the FA will stop Man U having fans in? It sticks in my throat that they will have fans in for one game and one or two of those may just be the same people who got the game called off on Sunday. On another personal note I am pi$$ed off because I will miss the game as I am working.

Who is to be blamed if we need them to finish top 4? I haven't seen anything in the 2nd half of the season showing that we deserve 4th, so be it

I agree but the 4 points dropped by playing Fabinho at CB instead of the midfield in the last 2 games will be what proves to be crucial in the final analysis. He got put back in midfield for a few games and the shape returned to the team. He was then taken out of the midfield and we ran out of steam badly v Leeds and Newcastle. Klopp has to carry the can for that one.

Of course Klopp has to carry the can, who else, unless somebody else is to be blamed for not bringing the the right defender/s to the club, in due time. Who decided to buy the boy who is not even making the bench, I am sure he would have got games at Celtic, but Edwards bought him, not because he could fit into our team, but because a quick profit was possible at re-sale, same reason why we bought Minamino. I would not be surprised to see Klopp leaving in a few weeks, he must be fed up, or maybe just wants to honour his contract. Fabinho played CB because Nat was injured by the way

Last edited by EnergisedReds; 06/05/21 06:08 PM.
A
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
A
Man U play Leicester just before us. Watch them throw that game away to stop us getting 4th. This playing 4 games in 8 days will be the only punishment they get for the postponement last weekend.

What happens if fans get it called off again? The FA needs to step up to the mark and make a decision before we get to next Thursday.

Each club is allowed fans back for one game before the end of the season. Perhaps the FA will stop Man U having fans in? It sticks in my throat that they will have fans in for one game and one or two of those may just be the same people who got the game called off on Sunday. On another personal note I am pi$$ed off because I will miss the game as I am working.

Who is to be blamed if we need them to finish top 4? I haven't seen anything in the 2nd half of the season showing that we deserve 4th, so be it

I agree but the 4 points dropped by playing Fabinho at CB instead of the midfield in the last 2 games will be what proves to be crucial in the final analysis. He got put back in midfield for a few games and the shape returned to the team. He was then taken out of the midfield and we ran out of steam badly v Leeds and Newcastle. Klopp has to carry the can for that one.

Of course Klopp has to carry the can, who else, unless somebody else is to be blamed for not bringing the the right defender/s to the club, in due time. Who decided to buy the boy who is not even making the bench, I am sure he would have got games at Celtic, but Edwards bought him, not because he could fit into our team, but because a quick profit was possible at re-sale, same reason why we bought Minamino. I would not be surprised to see Klopp leaving in a few weeks, he must be fed up, or maybe just wants to honour his contract. Fabinho played CB because Nat was injured by the way

Yes Fabinho played at CB because Nat was injured but he should have played the boy who is not making the bench and put Fab back in the middle where he is world class. Instead we handed over the middle to our opponents x2, ran out of steam and it cost us 4 points.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend

Yes Fabinho played at CB because Nat was injured but he should have played the boy who is not making the bench and put Fab back in the middle where he is world class. Instead we handed over the middle to our opponents x2, ran out of steam and it cost us 4 points.

Looks like Klopp doesn't like the piece of furniture that he was given by Edwards, so he cannot even make the bench.

1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Utd cannot physically play the first team 3 games in 5 days. So I predict they will play play a full team vs Villa and us and throw the game in the middle against Leicester by playing reserves which will make it hard for us to reach the CL. It's so predictable.

Back to Back World Champions baby!
A
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
A
Originally Posted By Snakeye
Utd cannot physically play the first team 3 games in 5 days. So I predict they will play play a full team vs Villa and us and throw the game in the middle against Leicester by playing reserves which will make it hard for us to reach the CL. It's so predictable.

So really we should go back to the original reason for the game being postponed. Simple fact is Scumchester failed to fulfil a game and didn't do enough to prevent what they knew could possibly happen on that day. We missed the chance to play that day and take 3 points to put the pressure on Leicester.

Scumchester can put a team out containing many reserves and cite that we did similar in a League Cup game a couple of years ago.

They have escaped punishment over this and are about to rub our noses in it. I cannot take much pleasure in them beating Leicester but they have been given a golden opportunity to take us down here and the PL rather than hand out a punishment have actually facilitated this.

However I can guarantee you that had they needed 3 wins themselves to win a trophy this week they would have put out strongest team possible in each game.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Snakeye

So really we should go back to the original reason for the game being postponed. Simple fact is Scumchester failed to fulfil a game and didn't do enough to prevent what they knew could possibly happen on that day. We missed the chance to play that day and take 3 points to put the pressure on Leicester.

Scumchester can put a team out containing many reserves and cite that we did similar in a League Cup game a couple of years ago.

They have escaped punishment over this and are about to rub our noses in it. I cannot take much pleasure in them beating Leicester but they have been given a golden opportunity to take us down here and the PL rather than hand out a punishment have actually facilitated this.

However I can guarantee you that had they needed 3 wins themselves to win a trophy this week they would have put out strongest team possible in each game.

Take 3pts and put pressure on Leicester or rather lose 3 pts and consolidate our non CL next season. I don't understand all these gossip, in fact we have been given the chance of playing a team overwhelmed with 4 games in 8 days, if we cannot beat them now, we should be relegated

Last edited by EnergisedReds; 11/05/21 01:03 PM.
O
Oli Offline
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
O
Won't be relegated but i would be happy with 10th and no EL.

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By Oli
Won't be relegated but i would be happy with 10th and no EL.

I enjoyed our EL run in 2016, Dortmund & United were great, just play the kids/squad in early rounds, great experience for the likes of Elliott, WIlliams & Jones.

1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
Having to play EL next season will have catastrophic consequences for a PL title tilt. Thursday’s and Sunday’s leave very little recuperation time between EL and PL games.

I’d rather we lose every game left than having to play EL, it’s a poor tournament with very little rewards.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Pickles
Having to play EL next season will have catastrophic consequences for a PL title tilt. Thursday’s and Sunday’s leave very little recuperation time between EL and PL games.

I’d rather we lose every game left than having to play EL, it’s a poor tournament with very little rewards.

Title tilt, are you serious? Without CL we can forget reinforcements and will probably have to sell one or two high earners, Salah will I think be sold provided we get an acceptable offer, because at 29, this will be FSG's last chance. We'll go into rebuilding mode waiting for the likes of Eliott, the Polish boy etc to come good. Hopefully the Salah's bid from PSG is big enough to buy a couple of players with potential at least

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion