KopTalk.com
Posted By: BARTON42 When can Man Utd match be? - 03/05/21 07:32 AM
Guys

Any idea what date Man Utd man can be rescheduled to? Hard to see where is can be fitted in other than after the final day.
Posted By: Pickles Re: When can Man Utd match be? - 03/05/21 10:27 AM
TBH the more I think about what happened and this being a complete clusterfc.uk to re-arrange, the more I believe Liverpool should be awarded the win. We went there and were ready to play, it was the actions of Man Utd fans that had this game cancelled.

I believe this is could set a very dangerous precedent on protesting, especially when you see what is going on over here in America at the moment. This has to be discouraged otherwise it will just embolden further discord and potentially attracting terrorist factions like Antifa & BLM to the arena, in the guise of peaceful protest, when they are anything but peaceful.
Posted By: Oli Re: When can Man Utd match be? - 03/05/21 02:03 PM
It will be even worse if it�s played after the season and Liverpool need one or three points to get to CL. That wont be the case as Chelsea and Leicester wont lose that many points.
Posted By: BARTON42 Re: When can Man Utd match be? - 03/05/21 02:44 PM
Chelsea still have to go to Man City and play Leicester. It�s not over yet.
Posted By: BARTON42 Re: When can Man Utd match be? - 03/05/21 02:45 PM
Very good point Pickles. I think u right.
Posted By: EnergisedReds Re: When can Man Utd match be? - 04/05/21 04:29 AM
Originally Posted By Pickles
TBH the more I think about what happened and this being a complete clusterfc.uk to re-arrange, the more I believe Liverpool should be awarded the win. We went there and were ready to play, it was the actions of Man Utd fans that had this game cancelled.

I believe this is could set a very dangerous precedent on protesting, especially when you see what is going on over here in America at the moment. This has to be discouraged otherwise it will just embolden further discord and potentially attracting terrorist factions like Antifa & BLM to the arena, in the guise of peaceful protest, when they are anything but peaceful.

BLM is a terrorist faction, really? Does it mean that Sir Lewis Hamilton is part of a terrorist organisation?

Otherwise, it looks quite complicated to get a fixture date before the last day of the season. That said, doesn't look like this game will have much relevance, if any, United will still finish 2nd, maybe we'll gain one position if we are awarded the points, but not in top 4.

I really think Klopp should explain what went wrong with such a debacle in the second half of the season. Leicester did more or less the same after winning the league but 2 of their best players left, and their points tally in their league winning season was low, so more other teams underperformed. The club owe the fans an explanation at the very least
Posted By: elimmel Re: When can Man Utd match be? - 04/05/21 05:35 AM
If both Man City and Chelsea make the CL final, then 5th will be just as important.
Cannot bring myself to hope Utd win the Europa though.
Posted By: EnergisedReds Re: When can Man Utd match be? - 04/05/21 09:51 AM
Originally Posted By elimmel
If both Man City and Chelsea make the CL final, then 5th will be just as important.
Cannot bring myself to hope Utd win the Europa though.

How is that? I don't think if the winner is already qualified, the 5th team qualifies, are you sure?
Posted By: Robb77 Re: When can Man Utd match be? - 04/05/21 11:49 AM
If Man City win the prem and UCL. Chelsea will go into CL havnt we had that before where a 5th place team has gone into UCL.
Posted By: elimmel Re: When can Man Utd match be? - 04/05/21 12:46 PM
Yes. If Man city or Chelsea wins CL, 5th gets Pool into CL provided Chelsea is top4.
Or man Utd wins Europa.
So with 5th, there�s hope for CL. 6th nothing but Europa.
Posted By: Pickles Re: When can Man Utd match be? - 04/05/21 01:55 PM
Hate to burst the bubble but we would not gain CL spot for finishing 5th, no matter which way the stars or planets align.

Say that Leicester finish 3rd, Liverpool 4th, Chelsea 5th. Liverpool and Chelsea could both qualify for UCL if Chelsea win this year's CL.

If Arsenal were to win the Europa League this year, the 5 CL spots in England is allowed and would go to Chelsea (CL winner), Arsenal (EL winner), and the top 3 in the PL - Liverpool would drop to the Europa league despite finishing in the "Champions League" spots.
Posted By: EnergisedReds Re: When can Man Utd match be? - 04/05/21 02:11 PM
Hate to burst the bubble but we would not gain CL spot for finishing 5th, no matter which way the stars or planets align.

Say that Leicester finish 3rd, Liverpool 4th, Chelsea 5th. Liverpool and Chelsea could both qualify for UCL if Chelsea win this year's CL.

If Arsenal were to win the Europa League this year, the 5 CL spots in England is allowed and would go to Chelsea (CL winner), Arsenal (EL winner), and the top 3 in the PL - Liverpool would drop to the Europa league despite finishing in the "Champions League" spots.

This is what I also thought, only winners of the CL and EL go through if they are NOT qualified otherwise
Posted By: elimmel Re: When can Man Utd match be? - 04/05/21 03:54 PM
Just checked out the UEFA site and true enough, 5th is not enough for CL no matter what happens.
Posted By: EnergisedReds Re: When can Man Utd match be? - 04/05/21 05:20 PM
Originally Posted By elimmel
Just checked out the UEFA site and true enough, 5th is not enough for CL no matter what happens.

Unless that team wins the CL or EL, but not for us. Would be interesting to see what FSG will do now
Posted By: BARTON42 Re: When can Man Utd match be? - 06/05/21 11:32 AM
I seem to recall when LFC won inIstanbul they took Everton�s CL spot. Everton did not get into CL despite finishing 4th.

Is my recollection correct?

Has that rule changed?
Posted By: ecnirp98 Re: When can Man Utd match be? - 06/05/21 12:33 PM
Originally Posted By BARTON42
I seem to recall when LFC won inIstanbul they took Everton�s CL spot. Everton did not get into CL despite finishing 4th.

Has that rule changed?

I though Everton got knocked out in the third round qualifier in 2005/2006 by Villarreal, they finished 4th and at that time it got you to the final qualifier. We had to go through all the qualifying rounds (Didn't we play TNS in the first round?) as we did not get top 4 and CL winners did not auto qualify at that time, so UEFA had to fit us in by bringing us through all the qualifying rounds, we started in July if I remember!!!
Posted By: elimmel Re: When can Man Utd match be? - 06/05/21 12:52 PM
Originally Posted By BARTON42

Has that rule changed?

from wiki;

Prior to the 2015�16 season, there was a limit of four clubs from each association entering the Champions League. If a club outside of England's top four won the Champions League, the 4th placed club would be demoted to the Europa League in the following season. This occurred in the 2011�12 season when Chelsea won the Champions League but only finished sixth in the Premier League. They replaced the fourth-placed team Tottenham Hotspur in the Champions League, who were demoted to the Europa League.
From the 2018�19 season, the UEFA Europa League winners gain entry to the UEFA Champions League in the group stage.[4]

Also from that season, if English clubs win both the UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League, and neither finish the Premier League in a position that qualifies them for the UEFA Champions League, the following will happen:

The club that won the UEFA Champions League will go straight into the group stage
The UEFA Europa League winners will go into the UEFA Champions League group stage
The club that finished fourth in the Premier League will transfer into the UEFA Europa League group stage
Posted By: AccaBoosty Re: When can Man Utd match be? - 06/05/21 01:41 PM
Man U play Leicester just before us. Watch them throw that game away to stop us getting 4th. This playing 4 games in 8 days will be the only punishment they get for the postponement last weekend.

What happens if fans get it called off again? The FA needs to step up to the mark and make a decision before we get to next Thursday.

Each club is allowed fans back for one game before the end of the season. Perhaps the FA will stop Man U having fans in? It sticks in my throat that they will have fans in for one game and one or two of those may just be the same people who got the game called off on Sunday. On another personal note I am pi$$ed off because I will miss the game as I am working.
Posted By: EnergisedReds Re: When can Man Utd match be? - 06/05/21 03:26 PM
Originally Posted By AccaBoosty
Man U play Leicester just before us. Watch them throw that game away to stop us getting 4th. This playing 4 games in 8 days will be the only punishment they get for the postponement last weekend.

What happens if fans get it called off again? The FA needs to step up to the mark and make a decision before we get to next Thursday.

Each club is allowed fans back for one game before the end of the season. Perhaps the FA will stop Man U having fans in? It sticks in my throat that they will have fans in for one game and one or two of those may just be the same people who got the game called off on Sunday. On another personal note I am pi$$ed off because I will miss the game as I am working.

Who is to be blamed if we need them to finish top 4? I haven't seen anything in the 2nd half of the season showing that we deserve 4th, so be it
Posted By: AccaBoosty Re: When can Man Utd match be? - 06/05/21 03:44 PM
Originally Posted By EnergisedReds

Who is to be blamed if we need them to finish top 4? I haven't seen anything in the 2nd half of the season showing that we deserve 4th, so be it

I agree but the 4 points dropped by playing Fabinho at CB instead of the midfield in the last 2 games will be what proves to be crucial in the final analysis. He got put back in midfield for a few games and the shape returned to the team. He was then taken out of the midfield and we ran out of steam badly v Leeds and Newcastle. Klopp has to carry the can for that one.
Posted By: EnergisedReds Re: When can Man Utd match be? - 06/05/21 06:07 PM

I agree but the 4 points dropped by playing Fabinho at CB instead of the midfield in the last 2 games will be what proves to be crucial in the final analysis. He got put back in midfield for a few games and the shape returned to the team. He was then taken out of the midfield and we ran out of steam badly v Leeds and Newcastle. Klopp has to carry the can for that one.

Of course Klopp has to carry the can, who else, unless somebody else is to be blamed for not bringing the the right defender/s to the club, in due time. Who decided to buy the boy who is not even making the bench, I am sure he would have got games at Celtic, but Edwards bought him, not because he could fit into our team, but because a quick profit was possible at re-sale, same reason why we bought Minamino. I would not be surprised to see Klopp leaving in a few weeks, he must be fed up, or maybe just wants to honour his contract. Fabinho played CB because Nat was injured by the way
Posted By: AccaBoosty Re: When can Man Utd match be? - 07/05/21 03:22 PM

Of course Klopp has to carry the can, who else, unless somebody else is to be blamed for not bringing the the right defender/s to the club, in due time. Who decided to buy the boy who is not even making the bench, I am sure he would have got games at Celtic, but Edwards bought him, not because he could fit into our team, but because a quick profit was possible at re-sale, same reason why we bought Minamino. I would not be surprised to see Klopp leaving in a few weeks, he must be fed up, or maybe just wants to honour his contract. Fabinho played CB because Nat was injured by the way

Yes Fabinho played at CB because Nat was injured but he should have played the boy who is not making the bench and put Fab back in the middle where he is world class. Instead we handed over the middle to our opponents x2, ran out of steam and it cost us 4 points.
Posted By: EnergisedReds Re: When can Man Utd match be? - 07/05/21 08:23 PM

Yes Fabinho played at CB because Nat was injured but he should have played the boy who is not making the bench and put Fab back in the middle where he is world class. Instead we handed over the middle to our opponents x2, ran out of steam and it cost us 4 points.

Looks like Klopp doesn't like the piece of furniture that he was given by Edwards, so he cannot even make the bench.
Posted By: Snakeye Re: When can Man Utd match be? - 09/05/21 08:09 AM
Utd cannot physically play the first team 3 games in 5 days. So I predict they will play play a full team vs Villa and us and throw the game in the middle against Leicester by playing reserves which will make it hard for us to reach the CL. It's so predictable.
Posted By: AccaBoosty Re: When can Man Utd match be? - 11/05/21 10:27 AM
Originally Posted By Snakeye
Utd cannot physically play the first team 3 games in 5 days. So I predict they will play play a full team vs Villa and us and throw the game in the middle against Leicester by playing reserves which will make it hard for us to reach the CL. It's so predictable.

So really we should go back to the original reason for the game being postponed. Simple fact is Scumchester failed to fulfil a game and didn't do enough to prevent what they knew could possibly happen on that day. We missed the chance to play that day and take 3 points to put the pressure on Leicester.

Scumchester can put a team out containing many reserves and cite that we did similar in a League Cup game a couple of years ago.

They have escaped punishment over this and are about to rub our noses in it. I cannot take much pleasure in them beating Leicester but they have been given a golden opportunity to take us down here and the PL rather than hand out a punishment have actually facilitated this.

However I can guarantee you that had they needed 3 wins themselves to win a trophy this week they would have put out strongest team possible in each game.
Posted By: EnergisedReds Re: When can Man Utd match be? - 11/05/21 01:02 PM
Originally Posted By Snakeye

So really we should go back to the original reason for the game being postponed. Simple fact is Scumchester failed to fulfil a game and didn't do enough to prevent what they knew could possibly happen on that day. We missed the chance to play that day and take 3 points to put the pressure on Leicester.

Scumchester can put a team out containing many reserves and cite that we did similar in a League Cup game a couple of years ago.

They have escaped punishment over this and are about to rub our noses in it. I cannot take much pleasure in them beating Leicester but they have been given a golden opportunity to take us down here and the PL rather than hand out a punishment have actually facilitated this.

However I can guarantee you that had they needed 3 wins themselves to win a trophy this week they would have put out strongest team possible in each game.

Take 3pts and put pressure on Leicester or rather lose 3 pts and consolidate our non CL next season. I don't understand all these gossip, in fact we have been given the chance of playing a team overwhelmed with 4 games in 8 days, if we cannot beat them now, we should be relegated
Posted By: Oli Re: When can Man Utd match be? - 11/05/21 07:26 PM
Won't be relegated but i would be happy with 10th and no EL.
Posted By: ecnirp98 Re: When can Man Utd match be? - 11/05/21 08:56 PM
Originally Posted By Oli
Won't be relegated but i would be happy with 10th and no EL.

I enjoyed our EL run in 2016, Dortmund & United were great, just play the kids/squad in early rounds, great experience for the likes of Elliott, WIlliams & Jones.
Posted By: Pickles Re: When can Man Utd match be? - 12/05/21 12:48 AM
Having to play EL next season will have catastrophic consequences for a PL title tilt. Thursday�s and Sunday�s leave very little recuperation time between EL and PL games.

I�d rather we lose every game left than having to play EL, it�s a poor tournament with very little rewards.
Posted By: EnergisedReds Re: When can Man Utd match be? - 12/05/21 03:23 AM
Having to play EL next season will have catastrophic consequences for a PL title tilt. Thursday�s and Sunday�s leave very little recuperation time between EL and PL games.

I�d rather we lose every game left than having to play EL, it�s a poor tournament with very little rewards.

Title tilt, are you serious? Without CL we can forget reinforcements and will probably have to sell one or two high earners, Salah will I think be sold provided we get an acceptable offer, because at 29, this will be FSG's last chance. We'll go into rebuilding mode waiting for the likes of Eliott, the Polish boy etc to come good. Hopefully the Salah's bid from PSG is big enough to buy a couple of players with potential at least
© KopTalk Forums