Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#637849 26/04/21 07:23 AM
Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
Though they are better than the Glazers, they are really mid table. Yes we were champions and CL winners under their watch, but that was more luck by getting Klopp IMO

https://www.planetfootball.com/quick-rea...ers-since-2014/

J
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
J
I think they have been OK overall. Yes the sucess is down to Klopp but they still put the structures around him in place. If they keep going with this team and win more it would be fantastic, alternatively if they let this team just phase out that would be a big negative. We have such a good foundation now it would be wrong to just let it fall away.

Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By jim_beam
I think they have been OK overall. Yes the sucess is down to Klopp but they still put the structures around him in place. If they keep going with this team and win more it would be fantastic, alternatively if they let this team just phase out that would be a big negative. We have such a good foundation now it would be wrong to just let it fall away.

They've been midtable owners if you go by the list, so completely deserve our midtable finish

1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
Since 6th October 2010 when they took over the club:

1 X Premier League Title
1 x Champions League Title
1 x FIFA World Club Cup
1 x UEFA Super Cup
1 x League Cup

From a competition perspective I'd rate us having won 3, really meaningful competitions (highlighted in black) in over a 10 year period that they have owned us...SH...ITE to be honest for a club of our size and stature!

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By Pickles

1 X Premier League Title
1 x FIFA World Club Cup
1 x UEFA Super Cup
1 x League Cup

From a competition perspective I'd rate us having won 3, really meaningful competitions (highlighted in black) in over a 10 year period that they have owned us...SH...ITE to be honest for a club of our size and stature!

I wouldn't call that SH...ITE

fSG took us over when we were very close to Administration in court, we had a crap manager and our best players had been sold off by H&G to pay off their leveraged debts/interest, we had a very poor team.

FSG hired Klopp, Modernised the club, increased/improved the stadium, improved the commercial deals, delivered a trophy we have been after for 30 years plus the CL and brought in the players to play great football under Klopp.

FSG have made mistakes, but overall they have been good owners IMO, particularly following the mess H&G left.

Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By ecnirp98
Originally Posted By Pickles

1 X Premier League Title
1 x FIFA World Club Cup
1 x UEFA Super Cup
1 x League Cup

I wouldn't call that SH...ITE

fSG took us over when we were very close to Administration in court, we had a crap manager and our best players had been sold off by H&G to pay off their leveraged debts/interest, we had a very poor team.

FSG hired Klopp, Modernised the club, increased/improved the stadium, improved the commercial deals, delivered a trophy we have been after for 30 years plus the CL and brought in the players to play great football under Klopp.

FSG have made mistakes, but overall they have been good owners IMO, particularly following the mess H&G left.

It's not like they came in, hired Klopp and we achieved all that, they brought in Hodgson, Dalglish, Rogers until Klopp became available and Rogers lost his bearings after Suarez was sold and replaced by Balotelli by FSG. Look what happened when Klopp ran short of miracles, ie, having to replace our back line with midfielders. Yes of course we can have worse owners like the Glazers and H&G, but it's a shame we don't have better ones, as I said, they are midtable owners. Hopefully they might be tempted to sell now because of the poor financial and sporting results, but then, we must pray to get at least Everton type owners

Last edited by EnergisedReds; 27/04/21 07:22 PM.
E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By EnergisedReds

It's not like they came in, hired Klopp and we achieved all that, they brought in Hodgson, Dalglish, Rogers until Klopp became available and Rogers lost his bearings after Suarez was sold and replaced by Balotelli by FSG. Look what happened when Klopp ran short of miracles, ie, having to replace our back line with midfielders. Yes of course we can have worse owners like the Glazers and H&G, but it's a shame we don't have better ones, as I said, they are midtable owners. Hopefully they might be tempted to sell now because of the poor financial and sporting results, but then, we must pray to get at least Everton type owners

FSG never brought in Hodgson, he was already there when they bought us. As I said, we were a mess when they bought us, so yeah, it wasn't all good, they were new to football and took advice from others to buy the likes of Andy Carroll etc.

I would not call FSG mid-table owners when they have delivered the PL & CL in the last 3 season.

Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend

FSG never brought in Hodgson, he was already there when they bought us. As I said, we were a mess when they bought us, so yeah, it wasn't all good, they were new to football and took advice from others to buy the likes of Andy Carroll etc.

I would not call FSG mid-table owners when they have delivered the PL & CL in the last 3 season.

Yes Hodgson was there, my mistake. I am calling them midtable owners based on investment they made, this was my criteria and it's factual, as for the cups that were delivered, we all know it was Klopp's miracle

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E

Yes Hodgson was there, my mistake. I am calling them midtable owners based on investment they made, this was my criteria and it's factual, as for the cups that were delivered, we all know it was Klopp's miracle

Fair enough, they are midtable investment wise, as you say, that is due to good recruitment/management by Klopp & Edwards/team, not really FSG, though they sign the cheques, but they have learnt from their moneyball ways and spending big on the likes of Carroll & Downing.

Lots of owners have spent allot more and ended empty handed with big debts, so that is good management by FSG to bring the right people in, I don't know how much I put down to good luck or good recruitment by FSG, Klopp was available for a while on his sabbatical and reportedly turned down a few offers, including Man Utd, so whatever FSG offered/promised worked to recruit him, so I'd say that is good work by FSG.

It was Klopp's and his team good work/miracle that won the cups, but without FSG we do not have Klopp, so they should be given some credit IMO.

My concern is miracles happen once if you are very lucky, this team needs rebuilding/strengthening, some players appear to have passed their peak, so asking Klopp to repeat that miracle will be very difficult. The interesting thing is that our wage bill is very large now, second to City's, as we have paid based on performance (best way), but the recent success means our top players are some of the top earners in the PL, but that means if we sell the likes of Firmino/Mane etc, their large wages can be used to recruit quality replacements.

Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend

Fair enough, they are midtable investment wise, as you say, that is due to good recruitment/management by Klopp & Edwards/team, not really FSG, though they sign the cheques, but they have learnt from their moneyball ways and spending big on the likes of Carroll & Downing.

Lots of owners have spent allot more and ended empty handed with big debts, so that is good management by FSG to bring the right people in, I don't know how much I put down to good luck or good recruitment by FSG, Klopp was available for a while on his sabbatical and reportedly turned down a few offers, including Man Utd, so whatever FSG offered/promised worked to recruit him, so I'd say that is good work by FSG.

It was Klopp's and his team good work/miracle that won the cups, but without FSG we do not have Klopp, so they should be given some credit IMO.

My concern is miracles happen once if you are very lucky, this team needs rebuilding/strengthening, some players appear to have passed their peak, so asking Klopp to repeat that miracle will be very difficult. The interesting thing is that our wage bill is very large now, second to City's, as we have paid based on performance (best way), but the recent success means our top players are some of the top earners in the PL, but that means if we sell the likes of Firmino/Mane etc, their large wages can be used to recruit quality replacements.

What makes you think we wouldn't have got Klopp without FSG, it's not like he only wanted to play for them?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion