Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By Pickles
What was compelling in that piece from The Mail was what Klopp said about Clyne:

"We all know how good Clyney is, but would he have had more offensive influence in the game? I don't know."

So basically he's said Clyne is not offensive enough, so Jurgen has been with us for 3 1/2 years and now decides Clyne has been a wrong fit for his style of play all along!

Probably shows Klopp would not have signed Clyne as he didn't really fit into his system, Klopp never signed him, Clyne has also been out injured for long periods of time under Klopp, so not like he could really sell him.

I just think as defensive cover with all the injuries we have and will have (we know how susceptible our defenders are to injuries) we should have kept Clyne until the end of the season with our run in, he could have played on Wednesday which release Hendo for MF. Same with Fab, everyone is saying he can play RB, but he's probably our best MF at the moment, so we lose something if plays at RB.

Pickles Offline OP
1st Team Squad
OP Offline
1st Team Squad
Clyne had one spurious back injury in the time Klopp has been at the club - July 2017 to March 2018. Klopp had ample time before to know if Clyne was a player he wanted to keep. He almost certainly had a huge opportunity to sell him last summer and get somebody who was compatible.

O
Oli Offline
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
O
What is the real problem between you Pickles and Klopp? Never seen anyone try so much to find fault with Klopp.

H
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
H
It seems to me Pickles has a point there though Oli. Klopp has had more than enough time to sell Clyne if he regarded him as unsuited to his system. We all knew that Clyne wasn't great going forward or at crossing the ball, and we've known it since shortly after he arrived in the club.
Klopp is guilty of poor management on this one IMO and also by stubbornly refusing to seek defensive reinforcement. We are in the midst of a title challenge and also in the knockout stages of the CL, while being forced to use stand in defenders! And all this when we're about to post a world record profit margin. It's Fuckking redicilous that we haven't tried to strengthen our defence's the January window, given the situation we're in.

Last edited by Hercules/AF 58; 02/02/19 02:52 PM.
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Pickles
Originally Posted By wilkij1975
We didn’t buy players in January when Buvac was here. An assistant will have very little say in anything like that.

VVD must have been a figment of my imagination then, January 2018.

And we did buy Grujic in 15/16 winter transfer window to loan him straight back to Red Star Belgrade. Buvac actually flew to Belgrade to get that deal over the line!

And the infamous Steven Caulker loan from QPR happened in the 15/16 winter transfer window.

Now more than any other time in Klopp's tenure has there ever been a need for reinforcements, our squad has been wittled down to a fraction of what it was and with this Title Challenge we are in.

[/quote]

Haha. Forgot about VVD. Well apart from him we don’t buy in January. Grujic hasn’t played for us so don’t count really.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Oli
What is the real problem between you Pickles and Klopp? Never seen anyone try so much to find fault with Klopp.

Have you not read any of Flames posts?

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Hercules/AF 58
It seems to me Pickles has a point there though Oli. Klopp has had more than enough time to sell Clyne if he regarded him as unsuited to his system. We all knew that Clyne wasn't great going forward or at crossing the ball, and we've known it since shortly after he arrived in the club.
Klopp is guilty of poor management on this one IMO and also by stubbornly refusing to seek defensive reinforcement. We are in the midst of a title challenge and also in the knockout stages of the CL, while being forced to use stand in defenders! And all this when we're about to post a world record profit margin. It's Fuckking redicilous that we haven't tried to strengthen our defence's the January window, given the situation we're in.

How do you know he’s ‘stubbornly refused’ to buy? How do you know he hasn’t tried? To get a defender as good as we need in January would be pretty difficult. I know, I know. We got VVD but that was clearly a hang over from the summer.

Klopp is no fool. He’ll know exactly what we need and when we need it. But this being real life and not FIFA, it’s not always as simple as buying a player to improve us in January.

And if Klopp can’t see it then maybe we should bin him now as we’ll never win anything with someone so inept in charge.

O
Oli Offline
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
O
Yes many i guess. Just wanted it straight out.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By wilkij1975
Originally Posted By Hercules/AF 58

How do you know he’s ‘stubbornly refused’ to buy? How do you know he hasn’t tried? To get a defender as good as we need in January would be pretty difficult. I know, I know. We got VVD but that was clearly a hang over from the summer.

Klopp is no fool. He’ll know exactly what we need and when we need it. But this being real life and not FIFA, it’s not always as simple as buying a player to improve us in January.

And if Klopp can’t see it then maybe we should bin him now as we’ll never win anything with someone so inept in charge.

Klopp can make mistakes too, for example, I think Aubameyang would have been much more valuable to us than Keita.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Of course he can make mistakes. He’s only human. But he’s not stupid and will know what we need. He does see the team every day let’s not forget so knows a shitte load more about it than anyone else.

But if people think he can’t see it and hence refused to look in the market or just didn’t bother, he’s not the man for the job and surely he must go?

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion
Can Elliott and Trent play together?
by Torres65 - 13/05/24 10:46 AM