Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
G
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
G
We're at that point in the season at the minute where if we get any injuries to key areas then we will see a significant decrease in quality. We are not yet at the level (and I dont think we will ever be tbh as we dont have the funds to meet expected wage demands) where we can rely on third choice players for positions and not see that significant a drop in quality. That being said, even City felt the consequences of losing a key player in their team (Fernandino). If VVD gets injured at some point for a significant period of time in the season we will drop points. Same goes for Andy Robertson. He would be a HUGE miss, not only because hes been fantastic this season but because who we have to fill in (moreno) is just a pure, utter tried and tested liability to our defence. In a lot of ways we can count ourselves lucky that we havent seen that big of an injury crisis thus far. December is usually the time of year we see it starting. Hopefully we'll have enough in the tank this year to not be completely shot and limp over the line like we have done in previous campaigns. I think Klopp has been weary of that which has facilitated the change in our style of play. If it were up to me though, before clyne left I would have wanted to sign a backup leftback and a CB, but now I think we need a RB as well for cover. Trent cant play every game and I'd rather see Gomez as CB rather than RB.

1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
How many times have you got to flog this old horse? our squad has never been better for decades. We are never going to compete with Man City's type of depth, who will continue to flout FFP until UEFA actually do something about it!

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
We’re much more capable this year than last that’s for sure.

G
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
G
With respect I feel that comparing the squad we have now to our squads of the past is pretty pointless, because we already know that we havent been good enough...for the past 29 years! If we ever want to win anything we can only compare our squad with the most recent champions. That's the standard now. That's the standards that have been set and if we dont at least match it then there is very little chance of us being champions. Its pretty straight forward. We have to accept that "the best liverpool team and squad ever", if that is indeed what we're seeing right now, might not actually be good enough to win the premier league in this era. And if that is the case then we must improve, I dont give a [oops] whether we're the best we've ever been, it doesnt mean anything unless we WIN!!

Last edited by ghostgoal; 07/01/19 12:39 AM.
Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By ghostgoal
With respect I feel that comparing the squad we have now to our squads of the past is pretty pointless, because we already know that we havent been good enough...for the past 29 years! If we ever want to win anything we can only compare our squad with the most recent champions. That's the standard now. That's the standards that have been set and if we dont at least match it then there is very little chance of us being champions. Its pretty straight forward. We have to accept that "the best liverpool team and squad ever", if that is indeed what we're seeing right now, might not actually be good enough to win the premier league in this era. And if that is the case then we must improve, I dont give a [oops] whether we're the best we've ever been, it doesnt mean anything unless we WIN!!

Exactly, we better compare with our rivals. Nobody expected us to be in the position we are right now and we need to take maximum advantage. Surely Klopp can see we need at least 1 and ideally 2 reinforcements.

1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Alisson
Mignolet

TAA Matip Vvd Robertson
Gomez Lovren Gomez Moreno
Milner

Wijnaldum Fabinho Kieta
Milner Henderson Lallana

Salah Firmino Mane
Shaqiri Sturridge
Origi

It's not as flashy or deep as City but I still feel we have enough cover across the board, the only weakness is left wing and maybe left back as Moreno can't defend. We can mix it up and still win games with the current squad.

Last edited by Snakeye; 07/01/19 05:59 AM.

Back to Back World Champions baby!
V
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
V
Originally Posted By Snakeye
Alisson
Mignolet

TAA Matip Vvd Robertson
Milner

Wijnaldum Fabinho Kieta
Milner Henderson Lallana

Salah Firmino Mane
Shaqiri Sturridge
Origi

It's not as flashy or deep as City but I still feel we have enough cover across the board, the only weakness is left wing and maybe left back as Moreno can't defend. We can mix it up and still win games with the current squad.

That's a bit thin imo! laugh

L
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
L
Originally Posted By TiredReds
Originally Posted By ghostgoal

Exactly, we better compare with our rivals. Nobody expected us to be in the position we are right now and we need to take maximum advantage. Surely Klopp can see we need at least 1 and ideally 2 reinforcements.

I agree we dont have enough squad depth when comparing to Citeh.

However, it may be hard for us to increase the squad depth as we dont want to buy for the sake of buying only. We are not Citeh that can pay a lot weekly wages to the players so those players are happy to stay as backup.
We want someone have real quality to come.
To cover our front three, we need someone at least have the ability of Shaqri and who is not too expensive and willing to play as a back up option.

Tbh, it is hard to find someone with that attribute to come. We were lucky to get Shaqri this year with a bargain price.

I heard that Ox is now resume to training and I hope he can be fully fit earlier so that we have another player as backup.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Alisson
Mignolet

TAA Matip Vvd Robertson
Milner

Wijnaldum Fabinho Kieta
Milner Henderson Lallana

Salah Firmino Mane
Shaqiri Sturridge
Origi

Agree and you forgot the Ox. It’s not as deep as City but is enough to compete as has been shown.

Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By wilkij1975
Alisson
Mignolet

TAA Matip Vvd Robertson
Milner

Wijnaldum Fabinho Kieta
Milner Henderson Lallana

Salah Firmino Mane
Shaqiri Sturridge
Origi

Agree and you forgot the Ox. It’s not as deep as City but is enough to compete as has been shown.

I don't think the Ox will be game fit enough to make a difference, even if he can play this season, he has been out too long.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion