Rate Thread
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Kano #597646 06/03/18 08:37 PM
T
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
T
Originally Posted By Kano
We used to win leagues with a keeper who would throw them in the net for little brown envelopes, luckily we had a solid defence and the back pasd rule hadn't changed then.

Really? I though he was cleared of those charges.

'I was only in the game for the love of football - and I wanted to bring back happiness to the people of Liverpool.' Bill Shankly

'We should have made a signing or two in the last couple of transfer windows.' Vish
redordead13 #597689 07/03/18 02:43 PM
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
Originally Posted By redordead13
I'm bumping this one after Karius' performances recently.

I think he has improved massively, and I'm impressed. This weekend stood out to me because he did that rare thing that top class goal keepers do: be bored and have f*ck all to do until one split second and pull out a world class save.

Mignolet was fine if we were under the kosh and had lots of saves to make, but he didn't have the concentration a keeper needs at a top club.

Karius is still very much auditioning for the rest of the season, but I think he's starting to show how good he really is.

I wonder if you are you still of this opinion after last nights performance?

Karius has benefited from not being tested in games but last night, his failings were on show again and no, he hasn't improved.

Last edited by TrueRed; 07/03/18 02:43 PM.
TrueRed #597695 07/03/18 06:20 PM
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
Originally Posted By TrueRed

I think he has improved massively, and I'm impressed. This weekend stood out to me because he did that rare thing that top class goal keepers do: be bored and have f*ck all to do until one split second and pull out a world class save.

Mignolet was fine if we were under the kosh and had lots of saves to make, but he didn't have the concentration a keeper needs at a top club.

Karius is still very much auditioning for the rest of the season, but I think he's starting to show how good he really is.

Karius has benefited from not being tested in games but last night, his failings were on show again and no, he hasn't improved.

I've been clamoring for him to get a run of games all year.

He's young and he's not perfect, but he's improved massively. I am happy to see him play some more games.

Nothing stuck out as terrible last night to me, no.

dipper #597701 07/03/18 06:33 PM
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
Perhaps you can clarify those failings for me?

dipper #597705 07/03/18 07:05 PM
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
He kept another clean sheet (most in the CL), came off his line quick to deal wiht danger, and made a couple decent saves, but he mostly had F*ck all to do.

Every site I've looked at gave him a 7/10 mostly because he had little to do. What failings are you referring to? Failing to let the ball in the net?

redordead13 #597707 07/03/18 07:50 PM
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Klopp obviously saw something in karius we didn't and he is a good judge on of talent. Last few games karius is showing promise remember de gea was a turkey when he first started for united

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
Originally Posted By Stanley Park
Klopp obviously saw something in karius we didn't and he is a good judge on of talent. Last few games karius is showing promise remember de gea was a turkey when he first started for united

He was one of the best Goalkeepers in Germany before we bought him. My best friend is Bavarian and a huge Bayern fan, and he told me Karius was the heir to Neur's throne. He's not easily impressed either.

I am impressed with his improvement. Hopefully it continues.

TrueRed #597757 08/03/18 10:36 AM
L
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
L
Originally Posted By TrueRed

What game did you watch ?
What failings he had?

And it is a totally wrong statement if you said he has not being tested in recent games.

I can remember at least a few good saves in recent games:-
a PK save vs Spurs and off the line quickly to save an one-on-one in the same game
two very good saves againts Arnatuvic
one incredible saves against Diame shots

I believe his good saves are much more than above but I just highlighted some for your easy reference.

Besides, I think he had two good game versus Porto too (both away/home). He came off the line very quickly and cleared a lot of through balls.

redordead13 #597758 08/03/18 10:38 AM
L
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
L

He was one of the best Goalkeepers in Germany before we bought him. My best friend is Bavarian and a huge Bayern fan, and he told me Karius was the heir to Neur's throne. He's not easily impressed either.

I watch Bundesliga almost every week and I am a great fan of Karius too. He was really great at Mainz. He simply has the potential.

Liverotto #597759 08/03/18 10:43 AM
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Liverotto

I watch Bundesliga almost every week and I am a great fan of Karius too. He was really great at Mainz. He simply has the potential.

Was that for more than one season? I think he was the 2nd best GK after Neuer the season before he joined us, but for how many seasons has he been at that level?

Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion