Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
#593957 01/02/18 05:06 PM
D
dipper Offline OP
Trialist
OP Offline
Trialist
D
Am I the only one who doesnt understand why we dont go for a decent goalkeeper?
Mr Shankly and Bob Paisley buit their teams on a solid defence starting with a goalkeeper and here we are with two clowns who I wouldnt trust in the grandsons team.
We go out and get a two/three goal lead only for it to go down the pan.
We would be up the with City if it wasnt for elementery goalkeeping errors

dipper #593960 01/02/18 05:43 PM
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
We used to win leagues with a keeper who would throw them in the net for little brown envelopes, luckily we had a solid defence and the back pasd rule hadn't changed then.

dipper #593966 01/02/18 07:09 PM
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By dipper
Mr Shankly and Bob Paisley buit their teams on a solid defence starting with a goalkeeper and here we are with two clowns who I wouldnt trust in the grandsons team.

No you're not.

dipper #593971 01/02/18 07:47 PM
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
Originally Posted By dipper

No you're certainly not. Personally, I believe Klopp's judgement and team selections have cost us more points than both keepers combined.

dipper #593977 01/02/18 08:15 PM
H
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
H
Klopp thinks they're both world class, in fact he thinks they're both so good he can't make up his mind which of them he prefers. It's interesting because he seems to have the same problem with defenders, can't make up his mind between Lovern or Matip for centre back, can't make up his mind between TAA and Gomez for Right full back, and can't make up his mind between Robinson and Moreno for left full back.. But he's dead certain there's no better to be found anywhere! The other thing he seems dead certain of, is that no team should ever play with a striker! He's also very sure that it's better to weaken your side in the midst of the season and trophy pursuit, than it is to strengthen it! Funny man is our Klopp'o.

Kano #596664 22/02/18 04:46 PM
D
dipper Offline OP
Trialist
OP Offline
Trialist
D
That was Sprake

dipper #596908 26/02/18 09:43 AM
V
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
V
Liverpool handed massive transfer boost as £62m top target prefers Anfield move over Real MadridBy Matthew Barrick on February 26.

It is no secret that Liverpool are on the lookout for a new goalkeeper this summer. The lacklustre displays of Simon Mignolet and Loris Karius have been too much to handle and we have been linked with AS Roma sensation Alisson Becker. And if latest rumours are to be believed, Becker has made moving to Anfield his “top priority”.

As per a report from The Mirror, Alisson has expressed a desire to move to the Premier League and Liverpool is where he wants to be.

European giants Real Madrid and Paris Saint-Germain are also interested in the £62m but the fact that he wants to move to Liverpool ahead of these two clubs should be reason enough for Jurgen Klopp to prepare a move. The 25-year-old shot-stopper is blessed with lightning-fast reflexes and he displays commendable composure and mental strength in goal – qualities which have been missing from our goalkeepers this season.

He has maintained a whopping 14 clean sheets for the Italian club this season and given his power, there is no doubt that he could prove to be an incredible signing for us.

We have struggled at the back for a good majority of the season so far but our back line has improved considerably and now if we can acquire Alisson’s signature during the summer transfer window, there is no limit to what he can achieve the next season.

Our attack has been incredible this time and if we continue this way, we could pose a serious title challenge next term. From what I have seen of Alisson game this season, he is a talent worth splashing the cash on and he is definitely worth targetting this summer.

Now that he reportedly holds Liverpool ahead of his other suitors, Klopp must do everything he can to actively pursue a deal for him once the season comes to an end. Our challenges will only intensify from here on and to have a reliable player in goal will certainly boost our chances.

dipper #597616 06/03/18 04:10 PM
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
I'm bumping this one after Karius' performances recently.

I think he has improved massively, and I'm impressed. This weekend stood out to me because he did that rare thing that top class goal keepers do: be bored and have f*ck all to do until one split second and pull out a world class save.

Mignolet was fine if we were under the kosh and had lots of saves to make, but he didn't have the concentration a keeper needs at a top club.

Karius is still very much auditioning for the rest of the season, but I think he's starting to show how good he really is.

dipper #597623 06/03/18 06:43 PM
M
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
M
I done a positive thread on him a while back. He's been fantastic in recent weeks and looks more and more confident. Part of the reason may be van Dijk. It may just be Karius but either way he deserves a season to see if he can save the club about 60million replacing him with the Brazilian Allison.

dipper #597626 06/03/18 07:16 PM
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
Karius had two problems when he started: our backline was shambolic, and he wasn't used to the physicality or speed of the league.

We took him out of the fire to let him adapt, and we got a top rate CB to give him some protection, and it looks to have paid off.

I'm not even nervous with crosses coming in anymore. He's strengthened up a lot, and our distribution form the back has gotten much better.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion