KopTalk

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 13 of 18 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 17 18
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Yes the Ulster volunteers never fired a shot against the British army but had it not been for the First World War that would have been unlikely to have remained the case. Yes it's true in the Dublin barracks they were on the verge of mutiny but they would have been replaced very quickly by troops from other parts of the UK and the navy was preparing to set sail. As for your refusance to accept ancient history the parallel to your logic would be to refuse to allow anyone to vote in USA elections other than true native Americans. In the present day that is clearly absurd but such is Northern Ireland sectarianism of which seems ingrained as you demonstrate

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
G
giorgiomoroder
Unregistered
giorgiomoroder
Unregistered
G
Be interesting to know what sort of things which happend hundreds of years ago are relevant today to the point people are still hurt of killed...to me the people of Ireland must be happy with the way things are or they would so something about it and change.....I know am on the outside looking in and can only give a view how childish and immature it looks from afar....can somebody also tell me why people still march about something which happend a couple of hundred years ago, knowing full well it causes trouble, surely you can see how this looks to the outside world...

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
People from Ulster are decent people in fact I was out with one earlier this week they are no different from anywhere else thankfully there is a peace of sorts and long may it hold Unfortunetly in the shadows are the fanatics

E
EMP Offline
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
they march and sing songs to rub the catholics nose in it , luckily there has been change but it had more to do with economy and the british image in the world than it had to do with unionists and catholics coming together. As the world knows the troubles started out as a civil rights movement, catholics were discriminated and when they marched about it they were shot and burnt out of their homes, the army came to quash unionist violence but sadly joined them in it. The liberation of south africa and videos of unionist "adults" trying to stop catholic kids from going to school kinda forced the uk to put pressure on .

Last edited by EMP; 06/10/17 02:45 PM.
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By EMP
they march and sing songs to rub the catholics nose in it , luckily there has been change but it had more to do with economy and the british image in the world than it had to do with unionists and catholics coming together. As the world knows the troubles started out as a civil rights movement, catholics were discriminated and when they marched about it they were shot and burnt out of their homes, the army came to quash unionist violence but sadly joined them in it. The liberation of south africa and videos of unionist "adults" trying to stop catholic kids from going to school kinda forced the uk to put pressure on .

It's true the Catholics suffered discrimination but it wasn't a one way street both sides have and still do commit violence and discrimination. Common sense is starting to prevail but there are always those who want the troubles to continue and who profit from the violence

E
EMP Offline
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
it was a one way street actually

D
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
D
Originally Posted By Stanley Park
People from Ulster are decent people in fact I was out with one earlier this week they are no different from anywhere else thankfully there is a peace of sorts and long may it hold Unfortunetly in the shadows are the fanatics

So they're decent people now are they? That's very nice of you to say, I'm sure they'll be relieved.
How about the 28 unarmed peaceful civil rights demonstrators that were shot by British Army paratroopers in 1972 (14 of which died), were they decent people too? Were the British paratroopers that shot them decent people?
Keep your head buried in the sand, I don't think you'll like the truth.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Derek

So they're decent people now are they? That's very nice of you to say, I'm sure they'll be relieved.
How about the 28 unarmed peaceful civil rights demonstrators that were shot by British Army paratroopers in 1972 (14 of which died), were they decent people too? Were the British paratroopers that shot them decent people?

Neither will you the truth is never one sided. Yes the British paratroopers lost control they were battle trained troops in a civilian situation it was early in the conflict and lessons were learned today the British army is probably the most proficient in the world at these situations. What you don't mention is the IRA were there and they were armed and shots were fired. Yes the British army lost control in that incident but they certaintly did not randomly kill civilians it was a highly charged situation. I would also point out those solidiers are now in their 70,s and are being hounded through the courts prosecutions paid for by the British taxpayer whereas the IRA murderers including the Warrington bomber free as birds and immune from prosecution. Yes there are decent people in Ireland but i am not seeing many on here just republican fanatics who don't represent anyone but their small circle.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By EMP
it was a one way street actually

In your mind I am sure it was

D
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
D
Originally Posted By Derek

Neither will you the truth is never one sided. Yes the British paratroopers lost control they were battle trained troops in a civilian situation it was early in the conflict and lessons were learned today the British army is probably the most proficient in the world at these situations. What you don't mention is the IRA were there and they were armed and shots were fired. Yes the British army lost control in that incident but they certaintly did not randomly kill civilians it was a highly charged situation. I would also point out those solidiers are now in their 70,s and are being hounded through the courts prosecutions paid for by the British taxpayer whereas the IRA murderers including the Warrington bomber free as birds and immune from prosecution. Yes there are decent people in Ireland but i am not seeing many on here just republican fanatics who don't represent anyone but their small circle.

So anyone who disagrees with you on Northern Ireland is a republican fanatic eh? Just 7 years ago the Saville Report concluded that ''none of the victims had posed any threat to the soldiers and that their shooting was without justification'' it also found that '' the first shot in the vicinity of the march had been fired by the British army and that, though there was some firing by republican paramilitaries, it did not provide any justification for the shooting of the civilian casualties''. But keep trying to excuse it, they were just following orders right?

Page 13 of 18 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 17 18

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion
Can Elliott and Trent play together?
by Torres65 - 13/05/24 10:46 AM