Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 12 of 18 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 17 18
E
EMP Offline
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Stan has yet again shown his true ignorant nationalist colours..usual from him -hasn't a clue about the history or details of any topic but has a strong pro british nationalist opinion on it , an opinion fed to him by the daily mail. In past N.Ireland debates he has stated the troubles started cause Catholics wanted a united ireland - I mean wtf- never picked up a book in his life I'd say.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend

That job interview was going so well until I realized I was fukked up on acid in the middle of a cornfield naked and talking to a scarecrow.
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
There was migration into Ireland 300 to 400 years ago mainly from Scotland. This was contravershal and like many things that happened centuries ago not of the standards of today. Incidently the same number of Irish migrated to England in the industrial revolution no one in England wants to send them home because we are sensible and civilised people. The fact is almost everywhere in the world had similar situations to this look at America. No one other than a fanatic wants to force them from their homes because something their distant ancestors did. Yet many in the republican movement in Ireland want to do just that you can see in the langauage shaggy used above posts he simply does not recognise their right to be there. However the unionists are the majority they want to be British Northern Ireland is part of the United Kingdom and as long as the people from that province want to be part of the UK thats the way it's going to continue whether the bully boys like it or not. Incidently shaggy you don't know your own history the Ulster volunteers fought the British government before the First World War the British government wanted to do exactly as you wished to give home rule. The Ulster volunteers wanted to stop this and the British were gearing up to send the army in and put the Royal Navy off the Irish coast. To basically give the Irish republicans what they wanted so much for the evil invading British. However this never happened because World War One broke out and thousands of the Ulster volunteers joined the British army and died and fought bravely in France. After that the British government backed down. The only reason Northern Ireland is part of Britain is because that's what the majority want shaggy might live in Ulster but he speaks for the minority republican side. As I keep saying to him why they can't just live together and forget what went on hundreds of years ago is something I cannot or ever will understand

Last edited by Stanley Park; 06/10/17 10:59 AM.

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
S
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
S
Originally Posted By Stanley Park
There was migration into Ireland 300 to 400 years ago mainly from Scotland. This was contravershal and like many things that happened centuries ago not of the standards of today. Incidently the same number of Irish migrated to England in the industrial revolution no one in England wants to send them home because we are sensible and civilised people. The fact is almost everywhere in the world had similar situations to this look at America. No one other than a fanatic wants to force them from their homes because something their distant ancestors did. Yet many in the republican movement in Ireland want to do just that you can see in the langauage shaggy used above posts he simply does not recognise their right to be there. However the unionists are the majority they want to be British Northern Ireland is part of the United Kingdom and as long as the people from that province want to be part of the UK thats the way it's going to continue whether the bully boys like it or not. Incidently shaggy you don't know your own history the Ulster volunteers fought the British government before the First World War the British government wanted to do exactly as you wished to give home rule. The Ulster volunteers wanted to stop this and the British were gearing up to send the army in and put the Royal Navy off the Irish coast. To basically give the Irish republicans what they wanted so much for the evil invading British. However this never happened because World War One broke out and thousands of the Ulster volunteers joined the British army and died and fought bravely in France. After that the British government backed down. The only reason Northern Ireland is part of Britain is because that's what the majority want shaggy might live in Ulster but he speaks for the minority republican side. As I keep saying to him why they can't just live together and forget what went on hundreds of years ago is something I cannot or ever will understand

Another wholly inaccurate account of the events in Ireland from a man who thinks that one british life is worth 50 Irish lives. The same man who gave the response "So What" when questioned on the invasion of Ireland by Britain.

As others have asked I don't know what is worse, your ignorance or your arrogance.

The only person talking about forcing anyone from their homes is you. But then being a brexiteer, driving people from their homes probably appeals to you.

Such is your knowledge of Ireland that you feel that you are qualified to tell us what everyone in Ireland is thinking. Nationalist, Unionist, Loyalist and Republican. You conveniently forget to mention that tens of thousands of Nationalist Irish Volunteers also fought for the British Army in WW1.

Those Irish that emigrated to England didn't drive the people of Yorkshire from their land, declare it part of Ireland, rig elections and hail it as a victory for democracy. The subtle difference will probably be lost on you.

You don't know what you are talking about and you argument is driven by hatred, ignorance and arrogance. You are really starting to embarrass yourself.

E
EMP Offline
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Wouldn't let him get to you shag, everyone on here knows what he is like and is suitably embarrassed for him.

S
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
S
Originally Posted By EMP
Wouldn't let him get to you shag, everyone on here knows what he is like and is suitably embarrassed for him.

Just don't see why he should be allowed to post his bile unchecked emp.

E
EMP Offline
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
oh by all means expose his ignorance but I wouldn't worry that people actually take him seriously.

G
giorgiomoroder
Unregistered
giorgiomoroder
Unregistered
G
Originally Posted By EMP
oh by all means expose his ignorance but I wouldn't worry that people actually take him seriously.
well I admire his patriotic side and also sticks to his beliefs against an overwhelming difference of opinion on here...I can relate to that...I just don't understand why people can't accept that people have a difference of opinion...nothing wrong with that...

My opinion is I think there's is something totally missing upstairs with the Irish People who want to continue fighting and squabling over something that happend hundeteds of years ago...we had the same thing here in Liverpool up until the late 60s early 70s with religion but luckily enough we saw sense and moved on... just for the record Everton were the Catholic Club and Liverpool the Protestant Club for those who didn't know..

Last edited by giorgiomoroder; 06/10/17 12:48 PM.
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
I put forward an entirely accurate account of the Ulster volunteers one not well know the response being to attack me personally and throwing brexit into the mix. This deflection means it cannot be answered simply because it's true. Forced migration into Ireland several centuries ago forcing families from their homes was of course wrong by present day standards. It's also worth mentioning plenty Protestant families were also burnt out if their homes and murdered in uprisings. But to put in context some of this happened in cromwellian times at that period the people ruling America were native Indians. No sane person suggests the American people (who also forced migrated) should vacate their homes in 2017 and go back to Europe. Same in Australia same across most of the world. Where I live at that time there were bloody conflicts Lancashire and Yorkshire had the war of the roses with bloodshed every bit as vicious as Ireland yet today light hearted banter about cricket results is as far as it gets.

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
S
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
S
Originally Posted By Stanley Park
I put forward an entirely accurate account of the Ulster volunteers one not well know the response being to attack me personally and throwing brexit into the mix. This deflection means it cannot be answered simply because it's true. Forced migration into Ireland several centuries ago forcing families from their homes was of course wrong by present day standards. It's also worth mentioning plenty Protestant families were also burnt out if their homes and murdered in uprisings. But to put in context some of this happened in cromwellian times at that period the people ruling America were native Indians. No sane person suggests the American people (who also forced migrated) should vacate their homes in 2017 and go back to Europe. Same in Australia same across most of the world. Where I live at that time there were bloody conflicts Lancashire and Yorkshire had the war of the roses with bloodshed every bit as vicious as Ireland yet today light hearted banter about cricket results is as far as it gets.

Entirely inaccurate account you stated the following:

the Ulster volunteers fought the British government before the First World War Thew UVF never fired a shot against the British throughout the Home Rule period.

the British were gearing up to send the army in and put the Royal Navy off the Irish coast. The British army was already based in Ireland. British Army officers based at the Curragh threatened to Mutiny if the were sent to suppress the UVF. So basically the British army in Ireland refused to carry out orders from the British parliament in relation to suppressing the UVF.

Once again the only person talking about people vacating their homes is you.

Your basic argument seems to be because these things happened a long time ago they don't matter. Unfortunately they do in N. Ireland because their impact still affects the island of Ireland today.

As always, when you talk about N. Ireland the only things consistent about your argument is your lack of knowledge, ignorance and arrogance.

Last edited by Shaggydog; 06/10/17 01:30 PM.
Page 12 of 18 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 17 18

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion
Can Elliott and Trent play together?
by Torres65 - 13/05/24 10:46 AM