Page 10 of 18 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 17 18
S
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
S
Originally Posted By Stanley Park
Originally Posted By Shaggydog
Originally Posted By Growler
NO terrorist, no matter what nationality or colour he of she or it is, a vile disgusting moronic piece of worthless sh1t that doesn't deserve to breathe even, and is not worth ANYTHING at all, never mind the lives of 50 Army lads. mad
A bass turd that recklessly and thoughtless kills and maims innocent people, just to get their illusionary beliefs over.

Terrorists come in all shapes and sizes, including military uniforms.

I prefer to put my faith in the British army and democracy rather than the INLA or IRA if it's all the same with you but each to their own

Murder is murder whoever is responsible.

Trying to defend it is reprehensible, but hardly surprising coming from you.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
The INLA and IRA deliberably set out to kill civilians as did the UVF they are nothing more than thugs and gangsters and also massive cowards planting bombs then hiding away executing or maiming defenceless people. Only a sympathiser of one of these groups would equalise them with a professional army from a democracy like Britain. What would these people substitute it with ? It does not bear thinking of !

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
S
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
S
The INLA and IRA deliberably set out to kill civilians as did the UVF they are nothing more than thugs and gangsters and also massive cowards planting bombs then hiding away executing or maiming defenceless people. Only a sympathiser of one of these groups would equalise them with a professional army from a democracy like Britain. What would these people substitute it with ? It does not bear thinking of !

Shooting unarmed innocent civilians is not the actions of a professional army. Many of the murderers in Northern Ireland wore British Army uniforms. Also the British version of democracy in N. Ireland is nothing short of comical.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend

Shooting unarmed innocent civilians is not the actions of a professional army. Many of the murderers in Northern Ireland wore British Army uniforms. Also the British version of democracy in N. Ireland is nothing short of comical.

So i assume you would prefer the British army had stayed at home leaving the republicans and unionists to let natural selection take its course ? There are many in England who would agree with you and I know a few guys who served in NI I can assure you not one of them wanted to be there it was the posting they dreaded. But they were brave men who did their duty and saved Northern Ireland from a bloodbath you might not appreciate that but most people do.

S
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
S

So i assume you would prefer the British army had stayed at home leaving the republicans and unionists to let natural selection take its course ? There are many in England who would agree with you and I know a few guys who served in NI I can assure you not one of them wanted to be there it was the posting they dreaded. But they were brave men who did their duty and saved Northern Ireland from a bloodbath you might not appreciate that but most people do.

For the umpteenth time, it was Britain that created N. Ireland and it remains a British problem. Your attempts at trying to pretend it is a wholly Irish problem does not change that fact.

Also, I think you will find that the vast majority of nationalist and republican people in N. Ireland have neither respect nor fond memories of the British Army.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
I am sure the majority of people in Northern Ireland don't have fond memories of the IRA and INLA either particularly the relatives of those murdered. As I say presumably you would have preferred the British army had stayed at home many English would agree with you. I remember clearly the mood in England at the height of the troubles no one wanted our troops to be there and saying we should leave them to it was a common saying. However such a situation would have resulted in complete civil war and a bloodbath only extremists wanted that.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
I am sure the majority of people in Northern Ireland don't have fond memories of the IRA and INLA either particularly the relatives of those murdered. As I say presumably you would have preferred the British army had stayed at home many English would agree with you. I remember clearly the mood in England at the height of the troubles no one wanted our troops to be there and saying we should leave them to it was a common saying. However such a situation would have resulted in complete civil war and a bloodbath only extremists wanted that.

Would you mind explaining why part of Ireland is not in the republic of Ireland but in UK? Why is that?

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
I'd rather not know tbh Vish.

That job interview was going so well until I realized I was fukked up on acid in the middle of a cornfield naked and talking to a scarecrow.
S
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
S
Originally Posted By TiredReds

Would you mind explaining why part of Ireland is not in the republic of Ireland but in UK? Why is that?

Britain claims ownership of 6 of the 32 counties of Ireland. They originally claimed ownership of all 32 counties but 26 counties gained their independence after the War of Independence in the 1920's.

In a word vish: Colonialism :

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Shaggy could you explain the context and history of the Ulster volunteers ? What did they stand for and who sent a navy to oppose them before World War One ? In addition to the army ? And what event stopped it ?

Last edited by Stanley Park; 04/10/17 08:27 PM.

Page 10 of 18 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 17 18

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion
Can Elliott and Trent play together?
by Torres65 - 13/05/24 10:46 AM