Rate Thread
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 17 18
G
giorgiomoroder
Unregistered
giorgiomoroder
Unregistered
G
Some really bad pictutes being broadcast regarding the Catalonia voting...violence, agrression and rubber bullets being fired...the police are moving in to remove what is in there eyes unofficial ballot boxes.
This seems to be another situation of the world being upside down...people are not happy and want change wether it's Spain..USA...Germany or Brexit...people are not happy...the natives are restless and change is coming...people need to accept it and get used to it...

1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
Hundreds of voters are injured in ugly clashes with riot police and Barcelona bans crowds from today's match amid safety fears as Catalonia's illegal independence referendum descends into violence

Officers were seen storming buildings across Catalonia to seize ballot boxes and prevent voting.

The Spanish government in Madrid has declared the vote illegal and ordered it be shut down.

Separatists pledged to hold the referendum anyway and called on 5.3million eligible citizens to vote.

Thousands of demonstrators have taken to the streets to protest against their votes being taken away.

Barcelona's mayor said that at least 460 people had been injured in the clashes across Catalonia.

FC Barcelona is playing its match against Las Palmas 'behind closed doors' at an empty Nou Camp.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4937860/Riot-police-clash-voters-Catalonia.html

G
giorgiomoroder
Unregistered
giorgiomoroder
Unregistered
G
The Natives are restless...

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Absolutely unbelievable scenes but this is not some African or South American failed state this is Spain within the so called democratic EU. BBC News this day the sight of a 79 year old woman hit in the face with a baton and middle aged people beaten to a pulp for the crime of wanting democracy. This is just the beginning of the fall of the evil EU empire Italy Germany France Greece Holland Sweden Denmark all in the queue

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Stanley Park
Absolutely unbelievable scenes but this is not some African or South American failed state this is Spain within the so called democratic EU. BBC News this day the sight of a 79 year old woman hit in the face with a baton and middle aged people beaten to a pulp for the crime of wanting democracy. This is just the beginning of the fall of the evil EU empire Italy Germany France Greece Holland Sweden Denmark all in the queue

I don't think this has anything to do with the EU, haven't heard the Catalans saying they want to leave the EU, have you?

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By TiredReds

I don't think this has anything to do with the EU, haven't heard the Catalans saying they want to leave the EU, have you?

Not directly no but not sure you know about Central Europe Vish but because of centuries of conflict (unlike Britain) the borders and factions are pretty fluid this is across much of Central Europe. Catalan is one but there are many others in Eastern Europe and Central Europe Holland Belgium Austria Germany and the ex soviet states. Overlay this with the general political unrest as you saw in elections in Germany France Holland where extreme politics gains power the EU is breaking apart this devolution with add to the mix. If Catalan seeks independence Which looks now likely they will be outside the EU as a new state they will have to reapply

S
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
S
Originally Posted By TiredReds

Not directly no but not sure you know about Central Europe Vish but because of centuries of conflict (unlike Britain) the borders and factions are pretty fluid this is across much of Central Europe. Catalan is one but there are many others in Eastern Europe and Central Europe Holland Belgium Austria Germany and the ex soviet states. Overlay this with the general political unrest as you saw in elections in Germany France Holland where extreme politics gains power the EU is breaking apart this devolution with add to the mix. If Catalan seeks independence Which looks now likely they will be outside the EU as a new state they will have to reapply

"Unlike Britain"

Empire building tends to cause a lot of conflict. But let's pretend you didn't claim to own one quarter of the globe at one stage.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Probably Ireland the only exception and that was a one off event as far as I am aware the borders of Wales Scotland and England are fairly static and have been for many centuries if not thousands of years whereas in Europe they change in living memory. There is a bar on the border of I think Belgium and Holland and the border goes right through the bar and the bar has different licensing laws so you order a drink the barman says sorry last orders have gone but if you step a yard to the right I can serve you for another two hours because you are in a different country. This is because the border has been redrafted many times often within recent generations. If you remember just after the referendum result Scotland declared they wanted to seperate from Britain and join the EU the EU rejected this why ? Because they did not want to encourage break up in Europe which is a big danger for them

S
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
S
Probably Ireland the only exception and that was a one off event as far as I am aware the borders of Wales Scotland and England are fairly static and have been for many centuries if not thousands of years whereas in Europe they change in living memory. There is a bar on the border of I think Belgium and Holland and the border goes right through the bar and the bar has different licensing laws so you order a drink the barman says sorry last orders have gone but if you step a yard to the right I can serve you for another two hours because you are in a different country. This is because the border has been redrafted many times often within recent generations. If you remember just after the referendum result Scotland declared they wanted to seperate from Britain and join the EU the EU rejected this why ? Because they did not want to encourage break up in Europe which is a big danger for them

I think you will find that both Scotland and Wales have at various times in their history fought for their independence from England.

Britain has also faced armed resistance from countries striving to claim their independence throughout your history. Those countries include USA, South Africa and Ireland. Britain has caused plenty of conflict around the globe.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Shaggydog

I think you will find that both Scotland and Wales have at various times in their history fought for their independence from England.

Britain has also faced armed resistance from countries striving to claim their independence throughout your history. Those countries include USA, South Africa and Ireland. Britain has caused plenty of conflict around the globe.

Scotland has always been independent from Britain it was a union not a takeover yes there were wars in the Middle Ages but the borders have remained static. As for britains involvement overseas that is irrelevant to the point being made and many of the European countries (like Spain for example) were doing the same thing however to repeat its completely irrelevant to the point only you could turn the Catalan dispute into brit bashing

Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 17 18

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion
Can Elliott and Trent play together?
by Torres65 - 13/05/24 10:46 AM