Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
T
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
T
Perhaps Lain was referring to the £35m Ox to Anfield rumour! whistle

'I was only in the game for the love of football - and I wanted to bring back happiness to the people of Liverpool.' Bill Shankly

'We should have made a signing or two in the last couple of transfer windows.' Vish
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Now that's just bloody rediculous .

That job interview was going so well until I realized I was fukked up on acid in the middle of a cornfield naked and talking to a scarecrow.
E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain is going into the last year of his contract next season, so his value will drop, I reckon £20-25 million would get him in the summer, depends what happens with Wenger I guess, at that price he's worth it, my worry is he has missed allot of games with injuries, we need reliable players who will play games.

V
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
V
We also need players who are (significantly) better than the ones we already are in possession of.

Ox isn't even close to that.

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By van Gogh
We also need players who are (significantly) better than the ones we already are in possession of.

We only have Mane who plays like Ox ( Ox is nowhere near as good), so Ox is not really a replacement for anyone, he will be backup for Mane I guess/extra winger, so times like now when Mane is out, we'd have Ox, who is much better than the alternative wingers who we don't have.

I'd prefer us to go for Mahrez, much better all round player, scores goals and needs to move on to progress, or maybe Tadic, who I think we have more chance to get, he's in and out at Southampton atm, but another Southampton player!!! Navas is worth considering as well, he's a free in the summer I think, be good cover at least for Mane if he's not a regular starter.

V
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
V
Sorry, nothing presonal, but I think both Tadic and Navas are càck.

I counter with Ings who will be back in the summer.

I know he's not a winger, but he sure can run and harrass defences. And he's free of all charges. laugh

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Sorry, nothing presonal, but I think both Tadic and Navas are càck.

I counter with Ings who will be back in the summer.

I know he's not a winger, but he sure can run and harrass defences. And he's free of all charges. laugh

Mahrez would be my first choice, Ings looked good, but we just don't know how he'll come back and we need a player who can deliver something like Mane does, I don't think that's Ings, so we need a decent wide player who has pace and can get a goal.

We also have Markovic coming back, I'd give him a go, but I think we will sell him.

1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
Originally Posted By TheMightyLFC
Perhaps Lain was referring to the £35m Ox to Anfield rumour! whistle

I should have doubled up my OMG's because Moreno needs a Taxi and the ox,well I'd get him a Cart. smile

Life is beautiful when you find Love
when you find the place your meant to be
when you find the one to give your heart to
as for me
this is you
this is Love

smile

C
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
C
Originally Posted By ecnirp98

We only have Mane who plays like Ox ( Ox is nowhere near as good), so Ox is not really a replacement for anyone, he will be backup for Mane I guess/extra winger, so times like now when Mane is out, we'd have Ox, who is much better than the alternative wingers who we don't have.

I'd prefer us to go for Mahrez, much better all round player, scores goals and needs to move on to progress, or maybe Tadic, who I think we have more chance to get, he's in and out at Southampton atm, but another Southampton player!!! Navas is worth considering as well, he's a free in the summer I think, be good cover at least for Mane if he's not a regular starter.

Mahrez is a one season wonder, or should I say was a one season wonder, he's done literally nothing this season. He wouldn't get into our first team, when everyone is fit, not in my opinion.

Tadic flatters to deceive a lot of the time, just speak to Southampton fans and Jesus Navas at City is awful, he's an attacking right winger who hasn't scored a goal in like 2 years!

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By Chris2402
Originally Posted By ecnirp98

Mahrez is a one season wonder, or should I say was a one season wonder, he's done literally nothing this season. He wouldn't get into our first team, when everyone is fit, not in my opinion.

Tadic flatters to deceive a lot of the time, just speak to Southampton fans and Jesus Navas at City is awful, he's an attacking right winger who hasn't scored a goal in like 2 years!

I was seeing Navas more as a free option who we could get, not someone who's going to be a massive improvement, he's be more an option if we lost Mane or to chuck on for an injection of pace to stretch teams, he's not played that much at City, so has a few years in him.

I disagree on Mahrez, I know what you mean about him being a 1 season wonder, but you don't play like he did for a season by chance/luck, he didn't have a few good games, he did a whole season, you could label the whole Leicester team as 1 season wonders as they've all had a bad season this year, I still think in the right team, with the right motivation/coaching, we could bring the best out of him and after this bad season, I reckon he will want to move on.

You could say similar things about Mane before he joined us that are being said about Tadic, wingers are notorious for flattering to deceive, in & out of games, so I think whoever we buy as a winger/cover for Mane (which we need to) will be a risk.

Zaha is the latest to be hyped, he's looked good, but I'm sure Palace will want silly money, he's also now playing for Ivory Coast, so we'd be losing him for Internationals the same time we lose Mane, so that wouldn't help much.

Hopefully Klopp can Identify another Mane, but every other manager will be trying to do the same !!!

Last edited by ecnirp98; 13/04/17 10:14 AM.
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion
Can Elliott and Trent play together?
by Torres65 - 13/05/24 10:46 AM