Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
#561343 09/04/17 05:44 PM
Jevans Offline OP
Under 23 Player
OP Offline
Under 23 Player
This season Firmino hasn't been the most clinical but in the league we are still the top goal scorers at this point. Firmino runs and presses everything, drops to create play, isn't all that selfish etc but because of all that maybe he won't get the goals that a Harry Kane, Romelu Lukaku etc will get you. Do we need that 20+ goal striker and who would you want? You'd have to imagine in this age that that would cost you 50m+ unless there is a Suarez/Torres on the periphery.

If we bring in a striker for that money, what does that mean for Firmino?

Your friendly neighbourhood Spider-Man.
WNP Offline
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
I think we need a new striker. It doesn't necessarily have to be 50m but I think you need to spend a lot to guarantee quality these days.

It wouldnt spell the end for Firmino, would just mean he rotates with the striker/AM positions. There'll be plenty of game to go around next season with European footbal (hopefully) back on the agenda.

Not sure who we could go for, Lacazette has been mentioned but rumours he's off to Spain and I'm not sure who else would be available that fits the bill. It needs to be someone that suits our still and can defend from the front/interchange with other positions

T
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
T
We have Danny Ings coming back. He will be just like a £50m new signing but without the £50m outlay.

'I was only in the game for the love of football - and I wanted to bring back happiness to the people of Liverpool.' Bill Shankly

'We should have made a signing or two in the last couple of transfer windows.' Vish
E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By TheMightyLFC
We have Danny Ings coming back. He will be just like a £50m new signing but without the £50m outlay.

With his injuries it will take time for him to come back, he was unproven at the top level, I hope he does well, but I can see him being sold/loaned out.

If we were to get a top striker, they could play with Firmino as part of a top 3 with either Mane or Coutinho, we need cover for them anyway, the way they rotate positions means they move around allot, which makes them so difficult to defend against, Firmino offers allot with his creativity and pressing, so fits Klopps mould.

Last edited by ecnirp98; 09/04/17 07:50 PM.
P
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
P

I see a lot of people biggin up Danny Ings. I don't see it myself. Might be decent back up but I think people are fooling themselves if they think he is going to lead out attack.

If we did go out and burst the bank for a top class striker. We would have an incredible attack. Could you imagine a Suarez or Torres in his prime playing with couthino, firmino and mane. We would destroy teams

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By sixtiesred
Originally Posted By ecnirp98

With his injuries it will take time for him to come back, he was unproven at the top level, I hope he does well, but I can see him being sold/loaned out.

If we were to get a top striker, they could play with Firmino as part of a top 3 with either Mane or Coutinho, we need cover for them anyway, the way they rotate positions means they move around allot, which makes them so difficult to defend against, Firmino offers allot with his creativity and pressing, so fits Klopps mould.

Phil will be gone imo that's why we're looking at a lot of am types

I don't think he will, we need to build on the class players we have, but these days the players have the power, so I guess if he wants to go, we could not stop him. Barca are faltering atm, so might not be the best tm e for him to join, with a new manager as well as aging stars, hopefully he will give us another year.

C
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
C
Answer is YES.
Origi is a nice lad. not strong. not fast. not very skilled.
Sturridge is a rare talent. Is lazy. Not interested in working for a living. Always sick or sulking.
Ings. A decent worker. Busts his ass infact. Not a star striker and injured frequently.

that's about it.

So we really need two or three "hit-men" if we are serious about challenging in cups and the league.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By chesterville
Answer is YES.
Origi is a nice lad. not strong. not fast. not very skilled.
Sturridge is a rare talent. Is lazy. Not interested in working for a living. Always sick or sulking.
Ings. A decent worker. Busts his ass infact. Not a star striker and injured frequently.

that's about it.

So we really need two or three "hit-men" if we are serious about challenging in cups and the league.

We probably need a 50m+ striker but I don't know if we can afford that + I don't know if Klopp is favourable of spending that kind of money on one player, doesn't look like he's ever done that.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By sixtiesred
We just bolstered his wages and contract as we did prior to Suarez leaving just starting to look a bit too similar imo

Have a read of the news article regarding this from last week. It says that we're not looking to cash in (regardless of how low Koptalk regards FSG) and there's no great move from Barca (or anyone else) to suggest they'll make a move. He appears happy here too as his people aren't pushing for a move either.

It's a massively tenuous link that he's got a new contract like Suarez did to somehow butter us gullible fans up for when we sell him.

Lets not forget, Suarez 'wanted out' prior to his new contract and had no buyout clause either. Suarez's new contract was more about getting a buyout clause in than anything else and a little here's something extra for staying one more year.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
What we need is the RIGHT striker regardless of cost. Just because we might get someone for £50m+ doesn't mean they'll be the right man for the job.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion