Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
F
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
F
Originally Posted By: ianrush81
Originally Posted By: fazakerley red 1
good result for england as england will beat sweden and ukraine
think they will beats sweden but draw with Ukraine myself like.
maybe and that will be enough to qualify.

I
Under 18 Player
Under 18 Player
I
wont two draws put the ukraine through.

F
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
F
wont two draws put the ukraine through.
ukraine and roy's england to go through

A
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
A
Good for us that the next game is Sweden rather than Ukraine. Better to play a team that has just got beat and realistically needs a win than one of the host nations who have just got their tails up after taking all 3 points tonight.

Good result seeing that this is with a manager who has been in charge for three weeks against a side that has not lost in 21 games and were more acclimatised to conditions.

Also I think the ref gave France many free kicks where England got nothing. Ribery was cheating like Ronaldo and there were some really dirty ankle tap tackles whenever England broke forward at pace. None got a yellow no matter how cynical they were.

We held them off well all things considered and if that is the best team in the group playing probably as well as they could against us then we should go through. Just hope next game we go out and take the game to the Swedes.

L
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
L
England need Rooney back badly, I thought yee were seriously weak up front today. Wheter it was Roys tactics, or just the quality of oppenents I dont know, but in the second half yee barely played any football. There was no outball for Parker or Gerrard today, worked their socks off only to find the front 3 of milner, young and wellbeck seriously crap at providin any width or even takin up good positions to receive the ball. I think Wellbeck isnt quite good enuf at this stage yet. Milner was questionable too. Young didnt play great but he'll come good I feel. I was impressed with the Ox too. Think ye'll at least get a draw with sweden and beat ukraine once Rooney gets back! I think alot of your success will depend on how he performs!

#241313 12/06/12 11:45 AM
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
England did not deserve to win, playing Gerrard almost as a RB sometimes. France were much better at keeping the ball. I can't see England getting 6 point out of their last 2 games so I think they're in trouble.

Back to Back World Champions baby!
C
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
C
Originally Posted By: flames
dont think england will win it but if they continue to play like that they will certainly make a good account of themselves.i think they have better players than warrants to banks of 4 but it is what it is.

johnson player very well, and hendo tried to get stuck in with the limited time he got so fair play to him. gerrard good on dead ball and in defence but no attacking threat from him.

did we not say the same about Roy after the Chelsea and Arsenal games at Anfield when he was in charge? we thought great a bit of tactical nouse at last. However when the west broms and the Blackpools come we will play more attacking football and express ourselves. what happened? exactly the same, and it's the reason why he never wins more than 35% of his games. Total anti-football, how anyone can say that was a good performance is beyond me. Englan had 7 outfield players in the box for their goal and even they were 3mtrs from the ball - shocking.

just to put it in perspective all of the England squad earn more than the french squad, only Ribery and Benzema command wages anywhere near the English players. It's akin to one of these high flying bankers working on the tills and saying well he did as good as anybody who normally works there.

embarassment in my view, although I will only pass true judgement after the next two games, lets see if I am right - god I hope not.

#241426 12/06/12 08:03 PM
T
thundyr
Unregistered
thundyr
Unregistered
T
Originally Posted By: Rafarendum
Originally Posted By: cp1972
Originally Posted By: flames
dont think england will win it but if they continue to play like that they will certainly make a good account of themselves.i think they have better players than warrants to banks of 4 but it is what it is.

johnson player very well, and hendo tried to get stuck in with the limited time he got so fair play to him. gerrard good on dead ball and in defence but no attacking threat from him.

did we not say the same about Roy after the Chelsea and Arsenal games at Anfield when he was in charge? we thought great a bit of tactical nouse at last. However when the west broms and the Blackpools come we will play more attacking football and express ourselves. what happened? exactly the same, and it's the reason why he never wins more than 35% of his games. Total anti-football, how anyone can say that was a good performance is beyond me. Englan had 7 outfield players in the box for their goal and even they were 3mtrs from the ball - shocking.

just to put it in perspective all of the England squad earn more than the french squad, only Ribery and Benzema command wages anywhere near the English players. It's akin to one of these high flying bankers working on the tills and saying well he did as good as anybody who normally works there.

embarassment in my view, although I will only pass true judgement after the next two games, lets see if I am right - god I hope not.

No we didn't to the bold part. But the rest of the post is good.

Agreed. 2 banks of 4 became 10 men behind the ball by the end of the game. How England escaped with a point is still beyond me; could easily have been 3-1. Welbeck was well out of his depth, Young fell over more than Carroll, Gerrard sat too deep, no control on midfield, Johnson was hardly ever on the right when defending (apparently he's a centre half now, unless he simply wasn't obeying the manager), Cashley was no better, and England only scored because Gerrard's dead ball hit Lescott in the face by mistake. Won't be surprised to see more Liverpool players in the starting XI for the next game...

1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
I liked Parker and Gerrard together. Worked well, I thought. Gerrard's passing was magic, but no one did anything with it, except Lescott. Glen had a great game. Welbeck, Young, and especially Milner were problematic, I think. Milner was shocking. With Welbeck, I don't really think it was his fault. He was pretty isolated, but he did [oops] all with the ball.

#241500 12/06/12 10:33 PM
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
Did anyone else feel that carrol might have been better (2nd half) than young? not cos he is lfc but cos he is a beast

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion