Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
ecnirp98 #641433 07/10/22 02:52 AM
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By ecnirp98
Originally Posted By EnergisedReds
Originally Posted By Snakeye
This is an expensive version of Andy Carroll sorry but not convinced one bit about this guy, our best signings usually score early and never look back, he's not clinical enough but also doesn't get into the right spaces to poach a goal so I honestly don't know what this 90m flop is good at? His heading is poor,his shooting is poor, not one good quality that screams 90m. If he was a a bargain purchase I'd be patient with him but usually when you pay a leg and an arm to get an expensive signing in you need to see an immediate impact.

He is allot more mobile than Andy Carroll, he works the channels and has pace linking up, he looked good against Rangers, he is a £60 million player plus add-on's, he is joining a new league/team and we are adapting how we play, so he needs time, we have bought him for the long term, he ius unfortunate to join the same time as Haaland moved, so all the lazy obvious comparisons will be made.

£60 million now buys you Richarlison, I would rather have Nunez.

Hopefully he doesn't need time as...Andy Caroll, and by the way, wasn't Haaland cheaper?

On the books maybe, but can you imagine how much City have paid his agents/father/cousins etc, add to that the wages he gets and probably all the payments not going through FFP.......

https://www.givemesport.com/88068345-erling-haaland-how-much-is-he-earning-at-man-city

Crap article, it gives the basic salary of everyone except for Haaland where bonuses are included. As for paying agents, if I am not mistaken we pay among the most.

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
We all know Man City are paying a fortune for Haaland, whether it is through the books or not, you have to pay agents fortunes now to sign the top players, but I believe the figures we publish, I am not so sure on Man City's.

ecnirp98 #641438 07/10/22 12:21 PM
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
We all know Man City are paying a fortune for Haaland, whether it is through the books or not, you have to pay agents fortunes now to sign the top players, but I believe the figures we publish, I am not so sure on Man City's.

I know what I see in the books, I don't speculate. What is clear is that Nunez is nowhere near Haaland, that's currently a fact of life

Snakeye #641454 11/10/22 10:17 AM
T
Under 18 Player
Under 18 Player
T
Ask yourselves, why is everyone comparing him to Haaland in the first place? It makes equal sense to compare him to Scamaca or Anthony. They are different players at different stages of development. Just because neither have a typical English player haircut you see these pointless comparisons. Similarly, why is everyone parroting the brainless Andy Carroll comparisons - just because they have little ponytails or buns? One person comes up with a lazy comparison for banter and the legion of football moron supporters just repeats it. Different players from different eras - not remotely similar in style or approach. Nunez has been one of our best players in the last couple of games and looks like he might slowly adapt to this league. Why would our own fans repeat the cheap and mindless banter of rival fans? Doesn't make any sense.

Snakeye #641462 11/10/22 12:45 PM
T
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
T
Anyone who expected or expects Nunez to deliver Haaland's numbers is living in cloud cuckoo land.

Haaland has been a phenomenon for a number of years now, even before he went to Dortmund. It was a surprise that a premier league team didn't snap him up when he was available for £35m. I can only think that we didn't want to deal with his notorious agent at the time. In addition, he is now with a well-oiled team which creates chance after chance.

Nunez on the other hand is not as mature or experienced. Furthermore, he's joined a team that is not as fluent and on top of its' game as we'd like.

As for comparisons with Andy Caroll, the similarities are only in the sense that we have a record signing in the striking department that might not deliver what we had hoped. In terms of technical skill though Nunez can't be compared with Caroll. Nunez is entertaining to watch and probably will deliver the goods once we get our team balance right.

'I was only in the game for the love of football - and I wanted to bring back happiness to the people of Liverpool.' Bill Shankly

'We should have made a signing or two in the last couple of transfer windows.' Vish
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By The Kop Prophet
Ask yourselves, why is everyone comparing him to Haaland in the first place? It makes equal sense to compare him to Scamaca or Anthony. They are different players at different stages of development. Just because neither have a typical English player haircut you see these pointless comparisons. Similarly, why is everyone parroting the brainless Andy Carroll comparisons - just because they have little ponytails or buns? One person comes up with a lazy comparison for banter and the legion of football moron supporters just repeats it. Different players from different eras - not remotely similar in style or approach. Nunez has been one of our best players in the last couple of games and looks like he might slowly adapt to this league. Why would our own fans repeat the cheap and mindless banter of rival fans? Doesn't make any sense.

He is compared to Haaland because he cost more than, that's all

Snakeye #641471 14/10/22 09:31 AM
O
Oli Offline
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
O
They are compared because of money and goal scoring. Also people thought that the the title would be a rivalry between City and Liverpool and either Nunez or Haaland would make the difference.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion