Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#641360 18/09/22 02:29 PM
Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
I an sure we had the highest tv rights last season earning only a couple of millions less than City, but much more than then in the 3 cups, including CL. So where the fk is all this money going to as we spent less than 10m net on players, among the lowest by far?

1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
This has been an ongoing murky saga over the last few seasons since we have been winning trophies &/or being in the tail end of competitions, consistently. Year on year being the most broadcast club on tv...last year shared with Arsenal for PL games at 29, although add on CL, FA & League Cups and we have been broadcast on tv more than any other club.

The stadium expansion/s have been used as an excuse for where all our money has gone, however I was in the belief that we financed those stadium improvements?

This article from LFC Echo points to us using local financing for the improvements... "The club financially is in significantly stronger shape. We have seen consistently strong revenue growth since FSG took over.

"We have gone from some heavy losses through to a break-even period, through to a profitable period, so we have seen improvement throughout the club, on and off the pitch, in all aspects of our operations and commercial activity.

"So yes, we are in a much stronger place and the fact we can finance this locally within our revolving credit facility demonstrates that."

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/fo...d-road-17331567

Also, surely we got Government grants to help finance stadium improvements...which I can't seem to find anywhere?

When I have the time I'll try and do a deep dive into our financials.

For anybody interested here is our filings...

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/00035668/filing-history

Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Pickles
This has been an ongoing murky saga over the last few seasons since we have been winning trophies &/or being in the tail end of competitions, consistently. Year on year being the most broadcast club on tv...last year shared with Arsenal for PL games at 29, although add on CL, FA & League Cups and we have been broadcast on tv more than any other club.

The stadium expansion/s have been used as an excuse for where all our money has gone, however I was in the belief that we financed those stadium improvements?

This article from LFC Echo points to us using local financing for the improvements... "The club financially is in significantly stronger shape. We have seen consistently strong revenue growth since FSG took over.

"We have gone from some heavy losses through to a break-even period, through to a profitable period, so we have seen improvement throughout the club, on and off the pitch, in all aspects of our operations and commercial activity.

"So yes, we are in a much stronger place and the fact we can finance this locally within our revolving credit facility demonstrates that."

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/fo...d-road-17331567

Also, surely we got Government grants to help finance stadium improvements...which I can't seem to find anywhere?

When I have the time I'll try and do a deep dive into our financials.

For anybody interested here is our filings...

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/00035668/filing-history

Had analysed the May 21 annual report, waiting for the May 22 to come our to shed some light. I won't be surprised if funds are being used to repay the Shareholder's loan and stadium investment.

1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
Something is not right with how we are balancing the books.
Everybody suffered with COVID but are fine and dandy strengthening their squads. However we have to sell before we buy and this has been going on well before COVID was around. Record tv deals, record sponsor deals, consistent success on the pitch and we always have an issue with strengthening the squad?

1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
For anybody interested The World’s 50 Most Valuable Sports Teams 2022 by Forbes as of Sep 8, 2022,

https://www.forbes.com/sites/mikeozanian...sh=1daa4fb9385c

#22. $4.45 billion
LIVERPOOL
Five-Year Change: 197% | Year Purchased: 2010 | Price Paid: $476 mil
Owner: John Henry, Thomas Werner

Of the most valuable Football Teams:

#13. $5.1 billion (1ST)
REAL MADRID
Five-Year Change: 42% | Year Purchased: N/A | Price Paid: N/A
Owner: Club members

#15. $5 billion (2nd)
BARCELONA
Five-Year Change: 39% | Year Purchased: N/A | Price Paid: N/A

#19. $4.6 billion (3rd)
MANCHESTER UNITED
Five-Year Change: 24% | Year Purchased: 2005 | Price Paid: $1.4 bil
Owner: Glazer family

#22. $4.45 billion (4th)
LIVERPOOL
Five-Year Change: 197% | Year Purchased: 2010 | Price Paid: $476 mil
Owner: John Henry, Thomas Werner

#23. $4.28 billion (5th)
BAYERN MUNICH
Five-Year Change: 58% | Year Purchased: N/A | Price Paid: N/A

#24. $4.25 billion (6th)
MANCHESTER CITY
Five-Year Change: 102% | Year Purchased: 2008 | Price Paid: $385 mil
Owner: Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan

1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
Amazing to see just how much ground we have made on Man Utd!

5 year change 197% increase!!! and yet we still haven't got a pot to pi..ss in regarding transfer spending!

Things that make you go hmmm...

Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
Amazing to see just how much ground we have made on Man Utd!

5 year change 197% increase!!! and yet we still haven't got a pot to pi..ss in regarding transfer spending!

Things that make you go hmmm...

Well, our valuation is increasing because we are making higher profits, ie, by growing our revenues and keeping expenses to a minimum, like not spending like others on transfers, but on investment to increase seating capacity...for higher revenues. That's the whole FSG's plan

Last edited by EnergisedReds; 19/09/22 02:47 AM.
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
I have been patient with fsg because they did save us from admin and they brought Klopp to the club but the opportunity was there to continue this dominance and build a lasting dynasty similar to the Utd built by saf, by keeping everyone happy with contracts and bringing in 2 more quality signings and keeping all the squad together from last season, yes there are dead wood but our bench was full of quality last season for the first time in years. Clearly these owners want to stay on cruise control and hope a genius of a coach can continue to bring miracles to the club. Look at Chelsea for example, new fresh owners and they purchased many players we need a kick up the arse like that, a new owner that spends big on the right players. Fsg's time has run its course and the fans should start demanding answers from these lazy owners.

Back to Back World Champions baby!
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
It's a fallacy to believe FSG saved us from admin. There were other interested parties but were probably not disclosed because of NDA's and at that time there was more due diligence done by the UK Government in tyrannical regimes purchasing to sportswash.

I'm certain DIC would have been back in for us and I remember that Chinese Businessman Kenny Huang was serious in buying us but there was rumours he was tied to Chinese Government.

Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
It's a fallacy to believe FSG saved us from admin. There were other interested parties but were probably not disclosed because of NDA's and at that time there was more due diligence done by the UK Government in tyrannical regimes purchasing to sportswash.

I'm certain DIC would have been back in for us and I remember that Chinese Businessman Kenny Huang was serious in buying us but there was rumours he was tied to Chinese Government.

Well, they did save us from administration to be factual. Not saying that others wouldn't have done it, but they didn't

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion