Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
B
Under 16 Player
OP Offline
Under 16 Player
B
Guys

Watching last nights game it does seem that we are almost back to full strength:

Matip in central defence is streets ahead of Gomez.

I thought Tsimikas was one of the best players on the pitch and may be even better than Robertson who has looked a little jaded this season.

Thiago was brilliant.

Jota was very effective and could well be our first choice no 9 ahead of Nunez and Firminio.

What I struggled a bit with is the the Elliot/ TAA combination down the right. They are both offensive minded players and we seem very exposed on the counter down that side. Previously, Henderson provided defensive cover for TAA when he was going forward but Elliot does not do that leaving us exposed.

I知 not sure what the solution is but I think they are each too offensively minded to both be playing on the right side at the same time.

Any ideas?

1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
I've been saying this since, they've been paired together!
Elliott is a wayward liability, easily shoved off the ball and his passing is not good. TAA gets isolated at right back at times because Elliott can't be ar...sed doing the basics of getting back to cover TAA.

There was one point last night where TAA stayed up field when an Ajax counter attack broke down and Alisson had the ball. Alisson passed it to VVD just inside our pen area and he raked a long ball towards TAA...I was like, "What the fcu..k"? I looked to see nobody covering RB where TAA was supposed to be and Elliott ambling on the right side touchline in the middle!

This was not an isolated incident it's been happening all the time whenever Elliott plays right side with TAA. If we continue to play them together we will get mauled by the likes of City coming up soon!

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By BARTON42
Guys

Watching last nights game it does seem that we are almost back to full strength:

I thought Tsimikas was one of the best players on the pitch and may be even better than Robertson who has looked a little jaded this season.

Thiago was brilliant.

Jota was very effective and could well be our first choice no 9 ahead of Nunez and Firminio.

What I struggled a bit with is the the Elliot/ TAA combination down the right. They are both offensive minded players and we seem very exposed on the counter down that side. Previously, Henderson provided defensive cover for TAA when he was going forward but Elliot does not do that leaving us exposed.

I知 not sure what the solution is but I think they are each too offensively minded to both be playing on the right side at the same time.

Any ideas?

Agree, for me TAA should play on the right of midfield but we don't have any better right back. Eliott should play winger in our system instead of midfielder but still very lightweight, same as Carvalho. Deciding to rely on these 2 teenagers is complete BS. So I think our priority should be a top right full back, not sure how good/ready is the young lad we bought injured from Scotland.

Last edited by EnergisedReds; 14/09/22 11:17 AM.
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
Carvalho has been good in the limited opportunities he's been given. He should be cover for Diaz, when he needs a rest because that is the area he played for Fulham last season and was pretty damn effective for them.

Elliott? I still can't get my head around why he plays as much as he does? He's not quick, his passing is not good and he is easily shoved off the ball. He's a willing runner, I'll give him that but so is a headless chicken!

B
Under 16 Player
OP Offline
Under 16 Player
B
Originally Posted By EnergisedReds
Guys

Thiago was brilliant.

Any ideas?

Agree, for me TAA should play on the right of midfield but we don't have any better right back. Eliott should play winger in our system instead of midfielder but still very lightweight, same as Carvalho. Deciding to rely on these 2 teenagers is complete BS. So I think our priority should be a top right full back, not sure how good/ready is the young lad we bought injured from Scotland.

ER, Do u think Gomez is a complete non starter at right back?

B
Under 16 Player
OP Offline
Under 16 Player
B
I知 wondering do we play 3-5-2 .with Konate/Gomez as the third CB and Fabhino plus Thiago in the centre of midfield?

Last edited by BARTON42; 14/09/22 11:53 AM.
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
If we get Konate back I'd try Matip in Midfield such is our need.
When he was at Schalke he played in midfield for them 49 times I believe? You can see he doesn't mind getting forward with the ball and he is good in the tackle.

I'd also like to see how this Scottish kid - Ramsay fares at RB. Gomez now looks like he's hit his limits. At CB alongside VVD he is a liability, whenever he's played at RB he's average and gives us nothing right side for an attacking standpoint to build up play. Gomez I'm afraid needs to be moved on whilst he is a saleable asset. I'd be looking to bring Douglas from Villa in January with Gomez + cash going the other way. Gerrard likes Gomez so it would be benefit for both clubs.

B
Under 16 Player
OP Offline
Under 16 Player
B
Originally Posted By Pickles
When he was at Schalke he played in midfield for them 49 times I believe? You can see he doesn't mind getting forward with the ball and he is good in the tackle.

I'd also like to see how this Scottish kid - Ramsay fares at RB. Gomez now looks like he's hit his limits. At CB alongside VVD he is a liability, whenever he's played at RB he's average and gives us nothing right side for an attacking standpoint to build up play. Gomez I'm afraid needs to be moved on whilst he is a saleable asset. I'd be looking to bring Douglas from Villa in January with Gomez + cash going the other way. Gerrard likes Gomez so it would be benefit for both clubs.

So would your midfield be Thiago, Fabhino and Matip playing in front of Trent?

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By EnergisedReds
Guys

Thiago was brilliant.

Any ideas?

ER, Do u think Gomez is a complete non starter at right back?

Must say I am very confused about Gomez after his horror show against Napoli, but maybe it could work with TAA just in front of him

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Pickles

So would your midfield be Thiago, Fabhino and Matip playing in front of Trent?

I would prefer Fab, Tiago and TAA in midfield with Gomez (or the Scottish Young lad if ready) as CB

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion