Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Snakeye #641299 05/09/22 05:02 PM
T
Under 18 Player
Under 18 Player
T
Everyone needs to calm down. He's played a total of 4 games and scored 2 goals. You can't compare him to Haaland for many reasons. 1. Haaland is further in his development and has been playing at the top level over 3 years. Nunez has had one season at the top level. 2. Haaland has an army of creative midfielders behind him - Nunez doesn't and just has crosses spammed into him so far. Once we fix the service and start playing to his feet we'll see what he can do. The one good ball he had v Everton he almost scored the perfect Torres goal. Writing off players before they bed in is moronic.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By The Kop Prophet
Everyone needs to calm down. He's played a total of 4 games and scored 2 goals. You can't compare him to Haaland for many reasons. 1. Haaland is further in his development and has been playing at the top level over 3 years. Nunez has had one season at the top level. 2. Haaland has an army of creative midfielders behind him - Nunez doesn't and just has crosses spammed into him so far. Once we fix the service and start playing to his feet we'll see what he can do. The one good ball he had v Everton he almost scored the perfect Torres goal. Writing off players before they bed in is moronic.

The posts I have seen here are comparing him to Haaland and saying that the latter is better, who is writing him off? Are you saying you wouldn't have preferred Haaland?

Last edited by EnergisedReds; 05/09/22 05:26 PM.
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend

I agree with every word I see Nunez as part of a medium term rebuild

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
T
Under 18 Player
Under 18 Player
T
Originally Posted By EnergisedReds

The posts I have seen here are comparing him to Haaland and saying that the latter is better, who is writing him off? Are you saying you wouldn't have preferred Haaland?

It's immaterial what I think or feel. Haaland wanted to go to another club and wasn't available for us.

AccaBoosty #641333 10/09/22 05:16 PM
E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By AccaBoosty
Originally Posted By paul66
Originally Posted By Snakeye
Klopp and the captains need to sit this guy down and tell him to calm the fk down, defenders will now try to rile him up because they know he can't take the heat. We paid like 90m which is a crazy sum for a rookie striker to begin with, he needs to learn fast otherwise he will turn into a flop with stupid decisions like this. Firmino has scored in the last two games so keep Nunez on the bench to teach him a lesson.

He will be targeted alright. Just needs to keep his wits about him. Still nice to see a bit of passion. Big fee, but one of the top rated young players in Europe. Look what others players are going for

Haaland was cheaper than him, in fact, Nunez was the most expensive transfer, unless Anthony just overtook him at the 11th hr. The thing which interested us is his relatively lower wages

Um, I think you are all forgetting that Haaland is at City because they are going to be giving him a move to RM in 5 years time. We would never have agreed to that.

Also the payments/wages City were willing to give to Haaland and his agents/family/entourage are crazy, and I doubt what has been reported are all of them, knowing how City operate.

ecnirp98 #641335 10/09/22 08:06 PM
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By ecnirp98

Also the payments/wages City were willing to give to Haaland and his agents/family/entourage are crazy, and I doubt what has been reported are all of them, knowing how City operate.

We had no chance to sign him when City got interested, I was talking about when he moved to Dortmund, we could easily have signed him, but we preferred to go very cheap with Minamino instead

Snakeye #641424 04/10/22 11:30 PM
Snakeye Offline OP
1st Team Regular
OP Offline
1st Team Regular
This is an expensive version of Andy Carroll sorry but not convinced one bit about this guy, our best signings usually score early and never look back, he's not clinical enough but also doesn't get into the right spaces to poach a goal so I honestly don't know what this 90m flop is good at? His heading is poor,his shooting is poor, not one good quality that screams 90m. If he was a a bargain purchase I'd be patient with him but usually when you pay a leg and an arm to get an expensive signing in you need to see an immediate impact.

Back to Back World Champions baby!
Snakeye #641425 06/10/22 10:17 AM
E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
This is an expensive version of Andy Carroll sorry but not convinced one bit about this guy, our best signings usually score early and never look back, he's not clinical enough but also doesn't get into the right spaces to poach a goal so I honestly don't know what this 90m flop is good at? His heading is poor,his shooting is poor, not one good quality that screams 90m. If he was a a bargain purchase I'd be patient with him but usually when you pay a leg and an arm to get an expensive signing in you need to see an immediate impact.

He is allot more mobile than Andy Carroll, he works the channels and has pace linking up, he looked good against Rangers, he is a £60 million player plus add-on's, he is joining a new league/team and we are adapting how we play, so he needs time, we have bought him for the long term, he ius unfortunate to join the same time as Haaland moved, so all the lazy obvious comparisons will be made.

£60 million now buys you Richarlison, I would rather have Nunez.

ecnirp98 #641428 06/10/22 01:05 PM
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend

He is allot more mobile than Andy Carroll, he works the channels and has pace linking up, he looked good against Rangers, he is a £60 million player plus add-on's, he is joining a new league/team and we are adapting how we play, so he needs time, we have bought him for the long term, he ius unfortunate to join the same time as Haaland moved, so all the lazy obvious comparisons will be made.

Hopefully he doesn't need time as...Andy Caroll, and by the way, wasn't Haaland cheaper?

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E

Hopefully he doesn't need time as...Andy Caroll, and by the way, wasn't Haaland cheaper?

On the books maybe, but can you imagine how much City have paid his agents/father/cousins etc, add to that the wages he gets and probably all the payments not going through FFP.......

https://www.givemesport.com/88068345-erling-haaland-how-much-is-he-earning-at-man-city

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion