Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#641247 02/09/22 06:11 AM
Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
It is clear that we have a problem in midfield and with Hendo getting injured, I suppose Klopp will start with Milner in a usually very combative game against Everton. I personally don't think that Milner is the answer to start a game. I would rather like to see TAA moved to midfield and Gomez to the right with Matip I think back in contention for the central defence position. If not now for TAA in midfield, it will be never. Thoughts?

EnergisedReds #641249 02/09/22 12:03 PM
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
We are paying 60k of the 120k a week wages for Melo split with Juventus. Although we did attach a buy option of €37.5 million for Melo. Chelsea got better terms for Zakaria on the buy option of €28m plus €5m in add-ons.

If this turns into failure and Zakaria is a success at Chelsea there's going to be plenty of figure wagging at the end of the season.

Guillem Balague seems perplexed at us getting Melo, thinks he's a square peg for a round hole. However he does say Melo has bags of ability and that he has been affected by injuries and the turnover in Managers at Juventus who have not appreciated his abilities. He also stated that Melo probably won't be going the World Cup with Brazil because he is down the pecking order with Tite.

Last chance saloon at a big club for Melo it seems, although the positive for us that we will have him and probably Bobby Firmino at the club when Brazil play in Qatar. That 41 day rest for a huge chunk of our seniors players will only bode well for when the 2nd half of next season starts up again.

Pickles #641250 02/09/22 12:58 PM
Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Pickles
We are paying 60k of the 120k a week wages for Melo split with Juventus. Although we did attach a buy option of €37.5 million for Melo. Chelsea got better terms for Zakaria on the buy option of €28m plus €5m in add-ons.

If this turns into failure and Zakaria is a success at Chelsea there's going to be plenty of figure wagging at the end of the season.

Guillem Balague seems perplexed at us getting Melo, thinks he's a square peg for a round hole. However he does say Melo has bags of ability and that he has been affected by injuries and the turnover in Managers at Juventus who have not appreciated his abilities. He also stated that Melo probably won't be going the World Cup with Brazil because he is down the pecking order with Tite.

Last chance saloon at a big club for Melo it seems, although the positive for us that we will have him and probably Bobby Firmino at the club when Brazil play in Qatar. That 41 day rest for a huge chunk of our seniors players will only bode well for when the 2nd half of next season starts up again.

Zakaria is probably on higher wages which we couldn't afford

EnergisedReds #641255 02/09/22 03:21 PM
A
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
A
Originally Posted By EnergisedReds
It is clear that we have a problem in midfield and with Hendo getting injured, I suppose Klopp will start with Milner in a usually very combative game against Everton. I personally don't think that Milner is the answer to start a game. I would rather like to see TAA moved to midfield and Gomez to the right with Matip I think back in contention for the central defence position. If not now for TAA in midfield, it will be never. Thoughts?

Merseyside derby is not the time to experiment with TAA in midfield especially when we are short of cover for him also. The time to play TAA in midfield is when we play Derby in the League Cup or in a dead rubber in the CL. It's too many changes for changes sake.

EnergisedReds #641258 02/09/22 04:03 PM
T
Under 18 Player
Under 18 Player
T
It's got nothing to do with Zakaria's wages. The whole summer unraveled the way it did for one reason - Jude Bellingham. Klopp has assurances from FSG for next summer - and thinks he has Bellingham's approval for the deal. That's why we're riding the Hendo-Milner train one more year - why Klopp was in denial all summer - why we didn't sign a high profile midfielder and went for a low-risk loan option - it's all to protect the Bellingham budget for next January or summer. It's a gamble - especially if Man C or Real come in for Bellingham and start a bidding war - but it's the reason why we set up the Melo deal rather than spending 30-40 mil on a midfielder that Klopp doesn't really want.

Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By The Kop Prophet
It's got nothing to do with Zakaria's wages. The whole summer unraveled the way it did for one reason - Jude Bellingham. Klopp has assurances from FSG for next summer - and thinks he has Bellingham's approval for the deal. That's why we're riding the Hendo-Milner train one more year - why Klopp was in denial all summer - why we didn't sign a high profile midfielder and went for a low-risk loan option - it's all to protect the Bellingham budget for next January or summer. It's a gamble - especially if Man C or Real come in for Bellingham and start a bidding war - but it's the reason why we set up the Melo deal rather than spending 30-40 mil on a midfielder that Klopp doesn't really want.

The question was why we went for Melo instead of Zakaria? Looks like you don't know, Zakaria went on loan to Chelsea. What would be immense is that we miss CL and Jude decide to go elsewhere, but yes, we would then have Jude's budget to handle next season

EnergisedReds #641260 02/09/22 06:41 PM
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
I think Trent is reluctant to move to midfield, he has acres of space to ping passes from RB, a luxury he won't have playing as a midfielder. I don't think he has the tools to be a midfielder, surely Klopp would have tried it by now if that was the case?

Back to Back World Champions baby!
Snakeye #641263 02/09/22 07:35 PM
Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Snakeye
I think Trent is reluctant to move to midfield, he has acres of space to ping passes from RB, a luxury he won't have playing as a midfielder. I don't think he has the tools to be a midfielder, surely Klopp would have tried it by now if that was the case?

Didn't he play in midfield for England?

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion