Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
Carvaldo again Elliot and Nunez getting into the groove

Salah looks back to his best as well

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
Carvalho is going to be an important player for us this season. Pundits have ignored him when discussing what Liverpool have done in transfer window.

I'd still like to see us bring in another midfielder even if it's Gini back for a season long loan.

A
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
A
Potentially Elliott and Carvalho are going to be better than Foden and Grealish. That would be a saving of around £150m. Add Bellingham to those next summer and of course we already have Curtis Jones and our midfield in 2 years time could be the best in the world.

Early days I know but they will be given all the encouragement they need.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By AccaBoosty
Potentially Elliott and Carvalho are going to be better than Foden and Grealish. That would be a saving of around £150m. Add Bellingham to those next summer and of course we already have Curtis Jones and our midfield in 2 years time could be the best in the world.

Early days I know but they will be given all the encouragement they need.

From what I've seen, can't see any of the youngsters beating Foden. I really like Curtis, even more than Harvey, but he looks to lack something, maybe he hasn't discovered his best position, he could be our next SG. Carvalho is very technical. However, I think they all need to build up some muscles and grit, which Foden has

Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
I am not totally convinced with Nunez at the moment that’s not a negative I just haven’t seen the wow factor yet

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
Whilst we have ? on new players City certainly have, losing Sterling, Jesus, Zinchenko and Fernandinho. That's a lot of firepower and 1st teamers who actively contributed a considerable amount to them. We lost Mane, everything else that left Minamino, Origi and Neco were domestic cup players for us.

I believe City have made a bit of a rick allowing 4 important players to leave especially this season when the 5 subs rule is now in play. I believe this is where we will have an advantage over them this season.

P
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
P
I'm not 100% sure about Elliot at the top level, he looks a bit flash and skill without the end product. He is still very young though.

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Klopp is one of the best managers/coaches to bring young players through and develop them, so I would not judge them yet.

They are very raw, under Klopp and playing with the first team they will develop, the likes of Elliot, Carvalho, Kaide Gordon, and Jones are tremendous prospects, we will see how many make it at the top level, but I think it was good management/recruitment bringing them in at a young age, so you can see where we are heading.

When Klopp joined Liverpool, the press were always asking will he buy star players he has managed before like Aubameyang, Lewandowski, Götze or Reuss etc, his answer was always he wants to get the next Aubameyang, Lewandowski, Götze or Reuss and develop them to his system, that is what he is doing now.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion