OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
Harvey Elliot looks back to best and might make the leap up

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
I think Nunez will take time to fit in, he didn't look like he was naturally linking well, seemed to be moving ahead and waiting for the ball to be played through which is not really our style and felt we were forcing the attack abit to get the ball to him quickly.

Glad we kept Salah as that will keep the pressure off him abit.

Agree Elliot looks good, Firmino has looked good as well, a good pre-season will set him up well.

Ox injured again, feel sorry for him, but we need to move him on now.

1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
I can't really get enthused about preseason, it is what it is...training with tv cameras. Klopp uses it the way it should be to get the players fit for the season ahead.

Ox getting injured is dejavu. Will he be ready in time is the £120,000 per week question, before the transfer window closes so we can get rid?

Pickles #640908 15/07/22 06:28 PM
E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By Pickles
I can't really get enthused about preseason, it is what it is...training with tv cameras. Klopp uses it the way it should be to get the players fit for the season ahead.

Ox getting injured is dejavu. Will he be ready in time is the £120,000 per week question, before the transfer window closes so we can get rid?

Even if he does get back fit, who is going to risk taking on his £120K a week pay with his record, we will have to heavily subsidise any loan, so we may as well keep him and let his contract run down.

It's a shame, he was a good player when he first joined us, but he has pretty much turned out as Arsenal fans have said.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Stanley Park
Who looks good who needs to get better discussion

I've watched the United game and read the Palace one. Looks like Eliott is doing quite well and the young Carvalho has shown good potential. Nunez is struggling so far. As for the usual suspects, Salah looks ready to go, TAA looks stronger physically, Diaz is still working hard, Ox is as injured as ever and Jota hopefully is not taking the same path

Last edited by EnergisedReds; 16/07/22 04:44 AM.
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
I'm still not sure about Elliott, he did this last season... had a good preseason, played a handful of games in PL before getting injured. He's a bit of a headless chicken that you can't fail to notice, although I'm on the fence on his ability and contribution being masked by his exuberance?

Pickles #640913 17/07/22 04:20 PM
Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Pickles
I'm still not sure about Elliott, he did this last season... had a good preseason, played a handful of games in PL before getting injured. He's a bit of a headless chicken that you can't fail to notice, although I'm on the fence on his ability and contribution being masked by his exuberance?

Bear in mind even this year he is only 19 he looks a lot older than he is he could make the breakthrough this season or he might not but in my opinion he is capable of

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
I'm much more impressed by Carvalho who is the same age and can see him having a much bigger impact on the 1st team.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion