Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#640523 15/05/22 09:10 AM
B
Under 16 Player
OP Offline
Under 16 Player
B

With the FA Cup now in the bag the Quadruple is still mathematically possible.

West Ham are a good team and still have something to play for. It is possible that they could take points from City today.

Assuming we win at Southampton that would leave it to the last day and you never know what could happen. Stevie G will be doing everything he can to help us out.

Long shot but you never know.

1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
The problem is our fixtures, the Southampton one is only 70 hours after the the FA cup final, it's going to be hard to find a starting 11 for that game but if we can somehow win with a much changed side that would be a brilliant set up for the final game of the season so yes we can dream.

Back to Back World Champions baby!
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Snakeye
The problem is our fixtures, the Southampton one is only 70 hours after the the FA cup final, it's going to be hard to find a starting 11 for that game but if we can somehow win with a much changed side that would be a brilliant set up for the final game of the season so yes we can dream.

Salah and VvD won't play, I think Tiago and maybe Hendo will be rested as well as TAA. Should we focus on the CL and play the youngsters? Difficult call suddenly

1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Originally Posted By EnergisedReds

Salah and VvD won't play, I think Tiago and maybe Hendo will be rested as well as TAA. Should we focus on the CL and play the youngsters? Difficult call suddenly

I think we have to risk it and play a much changed side otherwise players may pull up with muscle injuries. Players like Kelleher, Gomez, Tsimikas, Jones, Elliott, Chamberlain, Milner, Minamino, Firmino, Origi should start. I think cb positions are a problem, surely vvd will not be risked and Gomez will play right back, Konate played 120mins so only Matip is available sort of. It's a tough call but we need to arrive in Paris with a full squad to have a good chance of winning the cl.

Back to Back World Champions baby!
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By EnergisedReds

I think we have to risk it and play a much changed side otherwise players may pull up with muscle injuries. Players like Kelleher, Gomez, Tsimikas, Jones, Elliott, Chamberlain, Milner, Minamino, Firmino, Origi should start. I think cb positions are a problem, surely vvd will not be risked and Gomez will play right back, Konate played 120mins so only Matip is available sort of. It's a tough call but we need to arrive in Paris with a full squad to have a good chance of winning the cl.

It will end up being a choice between TAA and Konate, they both played for 120 mins and Gomez is the only player who can step in well in either role. I think Konate is fresher as he has played much less. The other problem will be midfield, probably Milner, Ox and Jones will play, not sure how good that would be. In front we'll probably have 3 to choose from Jota, Mina, Firmino and Origi. Would that team be good enough to beat, Suton?

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
I think we should play a so called weakened team against Southampton we pay them enough money and our second team should be good enough

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
B
Under 16 Player
OP Offline
Under 16 Player
B
I think we should start with the best possible team against Southampton.

Becker
TAA, Konate, Matip, Tsimikas
Henderson, Thiago, Keita
Diaz, Mane, Jota

I’m assuming Salah, Robertson, Fabhino and VVD will not be fit.

B
Under 16 Player
OP Offline
Under 16 Player
B
Originally Posted By BARTON42
I think we should start with the best possible team against Southampton.

Becker
TAA, Konate, Matip, Tsimikas
Henderson, Thiago, Keita
Diaz, Mane, Jota

I’m assuming Salah, Robertson, Fabhino and VVD will not be fit.

Actually maybe Diaz is rested in favour of Bobby.

B
Under 16 Player
OP Offline
Under 16 Player
B
Actually on second thoughts my team v Southampton would be:

Becker
Gomez, Konate, Matip, Tsimikas
Henderson, Keita, Jones
Mane, Firminio, Jota

TAA needs a rest as does Diaz and Thiago.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By BARTON42
Actually on second thoughts my team v Southampton would be:

Becker
Gomez, Konate, Matip, Tsimikas
Henderson, Keita, Jones
Mane, Firminio, Jota

TAA needs a rest as does Diaz and Thiago.

I think Henderson will be rested for Milner as well

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion
Can Elliott and Trent play together?
by Torres65 - 13/05/24 10:46 AM