Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Barnes is my fave Liverpool player ever, Salah is a great player for us, but Barnes was something else, he also played in an era when it was harder to score goals, teams were more defensive generally and skilful players took allot more punishment from the opposition compared to now, where tackles from behind etc are banned.

B
Under 16 Player
OP Offline
Under 16 Player
B
Originally Posted By ecnirp98
Barnes is my fave Liverpool player ever, Salah is a great player for us, but Barnes was something else, he also played in an era when it was harder to score goals, teams were more defensive generally and skilful players took allot more punishment from the opposition compared to now, where tackles from behind etc are banned.

Completely agree but Mo is starting to remind me of him. Praise indeed.

E
EMP Offline
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
both would get in our all time top 11.. actually i have 4 from todays team in it.. well done klopp

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By EMP
both would get in our all time top 11.. actually i have 4 from todays team in it.. well done klopp

Yeah, when you consider the great players we have had over the years, that's quite an achievement.

2 years ago people were comparing Mane to Barnes, which I think is more of a direct comparison, as they are more similar players being wingers, salah feels more like a striker now who can also come in from the wing, which is how most of his attacks start, the ball really does stick to him, the close control and movement at the weekend was amazing.

My best memories of Barnes were dribbling down the wing beating 2 or 3 men, rather than stopping & starting like Salah does.

E
EMP Offline
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
if bloody fsg don't get salah signed up before the utd game then fsg can sell up double quick .. klopp is on record pushing it and if they mess up the salah situation then klopp will go and fsg will be hated more than hicks.. sign him up asap now

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion