Page 1 of 2 1 2
#638953 16/10/21 10:47 AM
B
Under 16 Player
OP Offline
Under 16 Player
B

Guys

For me John Barnes will always be one of Liverpool’s greatest players and I’m now wondering is Mo Salah a similar type player that may end up having as big an impact on the club.

Barnes is always first name down on my team sheet for Liverpool’s greatest XI. Has he now got some serious competition for that left wing role?

Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
Barnes.

1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
I only saw the tail end of Barnes playing so I can't really judge, so its Salah for me.

Back to Back World Champions baby!
B
Under 16 Player
OP Offline
Under 16 Player
B
Originally Posted By Snakeye
I only saw the tail end of Barnes playing so I can't really judge, so its Salah for me.

Between 1987 and 1990 Barnes was close to the best player in the world. Truly magnificent.

E
EMP Offline
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
salah is just so lethal , its hard choice cause barnes was all round legend .. equals

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By BARTON42

Guys

For me John Barnes will always be one of Liverpool’s greatest players and I’m now wondering is Mo Salah a similar type player that may end up having as big an impact on the club.

Barnes is always first name down on my team sheet for Liverpool’s greatest XI. Has he now got some serious competition for that left wing role?

Are they really similar, I am not so sure. Wasn't Barnes more of a winger, and they don't play in the same position neither.

P
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
P
Originally Posted By EnergisedReds

Guys

Are they really similar, I am not so sure. Wasn't Barnes more of a winger, and they don't play in the same position neither.

They are not really a like. Having a big impact? He has already made a huge impact.

B
Under 16 Player
OP Offline
Under 16 Player
B
Originally Posted By EnergisedReds

Guys

ER,

Maybe it’s just because they are left footed but if Barnes was playing today I think it might in a similar position to where Mo plays. Mo is starting to do things that reminds me of Barnes.

Barnes used to do awe inspiring things. Mo starting to do that now.

B
Under 16 Player
OP Offline
Under 16 Player
B
Between 1987 and 90/91 Barnes was England’s answer to Maradona(at club level). He really was that good.

Now Mo is being compared to Messi.

Kinda feels similar.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Barnes was out and out winger salah a modern striker rather than winger

But for sheer talent Barnes all day long no comparison at all

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion