Rate Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
J
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
J
Originally Posted By EnergisedReds
Originally Posted By EMP
well if that is true then its awful training , i seriously doubt a coach would want to turn the centre halves into hopping deflection pillars .

You watched the action in slow motion and it's very easy to say he could have headed the ball out. They all keep their hands 'handcuffed' behind their backs so that they do not deflect the ball with their hands so as not to give away a penalty and Matip just tried to come in the path of the ball without knowing where it would go exactly. I am sure you wouldn't have noticed anything without the slow motion replay.

Yeah agree, I think you can just be ultra critical of the goal but it's a deflection, sh*t happens.

E
EMP Offline
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By EMP
well if that is true then its awful training , i seriously doubt a coach would want to turn the centre halves into hopping deflection pillars .

You watched the action in slow motion and it's very easy to say he could have headed the ball out. They all keep their hands 'handcuffed' behind their backs so that they do not deflect the ball with their hands so as not to give away a penalty and Matip just tried to come in the path of the ball without knowing where it would go exactly. I am sure you wouldn't have noticed anything without the slow motion replay.

i noticed it as it happened. U don't understand the centre back position , john terry would have nutted that out no problem. a defender defends, what matip did was stupid and could cost a title ..u think john terry would do what matip did?

J
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
J
Originally Posted By EMP
Originally Posted By EMP

i noticed it as it happened. U don't understand the centre back position , john terry would have nutted that out no problem. a defender defends, what matip did was stupid and could cost a title ..u think john terry would do what matip did?

What *WILL* cost us the title are team performances which are not good enough a la not beating a 10 man Chelsea at home and not being able to see out a win at Brentford.

Little tit for tat mistakes here and there happen, I'd be more concerned at the bigger picture.

B
Under 16 Player
OP Offline
Under 16 Player
B
Originally Posted By jim_beam
Originally Posted By EMP
Originally Posted By EMP

What *WILL* cost us the title are team performances which are not good enough a la not beating a 10 man Chelsea at home and not being able to see out a win at Brentford.

Little tit for tat mistakes here and there happen, I'd be more concerned at the bigger picture.

Jim, u concerned there are more fundamental problems with the team that will prevent us from winning title?

E
EMP Offline
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
beating city with matip throwing his head at that shot would be a title defining win . its just a terrible feeble sort of defensive position to handcuff urself . u wanna win titles then u defend like john terry and u get stuck in like roy keane,like fabino used to do but now seems happy to stick out a leg

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By EMP
Originally Posted By EMP

A defender defends...wth is that supposed to mean? What exactly is your problem, the position of his hands, he was off position and running back not to head the ball, as he didn't know where the ball would be, but to come in to block the ball getting in it's way. As for not winning the title, drawing at Brentford after scoring 3 goals was a bigger flop than drawing against City where we were 2nd best and were lucky we didn't lose. You are mad to put everything on Matip sholders who was arguably one of the best players in the game, if anybody, you should blame Milner.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By EMP
beating city with matip throwing his head at that shot would be a title defining win . its just a terrible feeble sort of defensive position to handcuff urself . u wanna win titles then u defend like john terry and u get stuck in like roy keane,like fabino used to do but now seems happy to stick out a leg

Kick and run football is over, who stuck in like Roy Keane in City in the game?

E
EMP Offline
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By EMP
Originally Posted By EMP

A defender defends...wth is that supposed to mean? What exactly is your problem, the position of his hands, he was off position and running back not to head the ball, as he didn't know where the ball would be, but to come in to block the ball getting in it's way. As for not winning the title, drawing at Brentford after scoring 3 goals was a bigger flop than drawing against City where we were 2nd best and were lucky we didn't lose. You are mad to put everything on Matip sholders who was arguably one of the best players in the game, if anybody, you should blame Milner.

if you don't know what it means go watch some clips of terry,bonnucci ,chellini etc.. i am not putting everything on matip just that goal which he should have been 3 or 4 seconds ahead of .

E
EMP Offline
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By EMP

who said anything about kick and run footy? and nobody got stuck in which is why city ripped us a new one.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By EMP
Originally Posted By EMP

who said anything about kick and run footy? and nobody got stuck in which is why city ripped us a new one.

Well, Milner tried to stuck in and he was lucky to stay on the pitch. Just get over it, City is the better team and we are the 3rd best team at best, we can win the EPL, but probably not and it's not Matip's missed header that will make the difference

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion