Print Thread
Rate Thread
#638804 27/09/21 07:53 AM
T
Under 23 Player
OP Offline
Under 23 Player
T
Was that a crucial game weekend even this early in the season?

IF Chelsea had beaten City and we had beaten Brentford then we would have been 6 points clear of City going into our game with them next weekend.

BUT cry

Hopefully it was just a lost opportunity to make things easy for ourselves rather than anything more serious.

'I was only in the game for the love of football - and I wanted to bring back happiness to the people of Liverpool.' Bill Shankly

'We should have made a signing or two in the last couple of transfer windows.' Vish
E
EMP Offline
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
brighton win tonight and they clear at the top.. potter to replace ole next season?lets hope not, need ole to guide utd to 4th and maybe avenge his europa league defeat.. gotta keep that loser in charge as long as possible

J
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
J
In all fairness I think Brentford played a fantastic game. I think we were OK but it was one of those games where I just felt the win was never going to come, it looked a bit tired from me? Again our play in the final third is pretty poor and we should have converted more chances.

In summary I have seen enough now to think our defence is a bit too leaky to be winning the title this season. No team concedes 3 to Brentford and goes on to win the league in my opinion.

jim_beam #638809 27/09/21 10:11 AM
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By jim_beam
In all fairness I think Brentford played a fantastic game. I think we were OK but it was one of those games where I just felt the win was never going to come, it looked a bit tired from me? Again our play in the final third is pretty poor and we should have converted more chances.

In summary I have seen enough now to think our defence is a bit too leaky to be winning the title this season. No team concedes 3 to Brentford and goes on to win the league in my opinion.

Yes, we could have scored more but we shouldn't expect to score more than 3, we played poorly at the back and I think Klopp missed a trick. We should have reinforced our defence when we were leading instead of having more forwards

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
The game at weekend will define our season we need a big performance both from the team and the crowd

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Stanley Park
The game at weekend will define our season we need a big performance both from the team and the crowd

Too early to define our season but will be a statement

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion