Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#638697 15/09/21 08:09 AM
Snakeye Offline OP
1st Team Regular
OP Offline
1st Team Regular
Looking forward to seeing this game. I would slot Henderson and Keita alongside Fabinho in midfield and also give Konate his debut alongside Vvd. Matip has been brilliant but I fear him getting injured so keep him fresh for the league game. Its unfortunate that Ibrahimovic is injured, would of loved to see him and Vvd battle it out. It also makes them less predictable with a younger fast forward. It's a tough group so hopefully we start with a win.

Back to Back World Champions baby!
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
I am hoping we win

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Snakeye
Looking forward to seeing this game. I would slot Henderson and Keita alongside Fabinho in midfield and also give Konate his debut alongside Vvd. Matip has been brilliant but I fear him getting injured so keep him fresh for the league game. Its unfortunate that Ibrahimovic is injured, would of loved to see him and Vvd battle it out. It also makes them less predictable with a younger fast forward. It's a tough group so hopefully we start with a win.

VvD is on the bench

1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
Telling that Minamino was not even introduced from the bench.
Both he, Ox, Keita and Origi should have been sold in the last window to accommodate more dynamic attacking threats from the bench.

It's only a matter of time before we have to rely on those players to play in our important games...frightening thought because with them, we are toothless.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
I thought keita and origi played well

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
Origi did in parts play well but he was also irritating looking for cheap free kicks.

I've never seen anything in Keita to suggest he was a shrewd buy. He came with a fairly hefty price tag and reputation, his play does not back it up. He always looks like he's playing with a hot potato, trying to get rid of the ball as soon as he gets it. He's been with us 3 seasons and had 14 different stints out ill or injured in that time. I can't remember one standout game for him, whilst he's been with us.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Pickles
Origi did in parts play well but he was also irritating looking for cheap free kicks.

I've never seen anything in Keita to suggest he was a shrewd buy. He came with a fairly hefty price tag and reputation, his play does not back it up. He always looks like he's playing with a hot potato, trying to get rid of the ball as soon as he gets it. He's been with us 3 seasons and had 14 different stints out ill or injured in that time. I can't remember one standout game for him, whilst he's been with us.

Keita was OK, the team played well except the defence was not well organised for about the last 20 mins of 1st half. Origi was no threat for a number 9

Last edited by EnergisedReds; 17/09/21 02:55 AM.

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion