Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#638624 05/09/21 04:31 PM
Under 23 Player
OP Offline
Under 23 Player
as being widely reported Salah and his agent are being greedy tw+ts.we should have sold this guy when we had a chance!you cant demand these type of wages as a pro footballer when you can only kick with one foot.hopefully he and his agent will be told to p1ss off.
WE REALLY SHOULD HAVE CASHED IN ON THIS EGOTISTACAL IDIOT WHEN WE HAD THE CHANCE! now we are are stuck with him and his contract is running down.Salah really does feel that he's the star of the team,he isnt.

1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
Don’t believe everything you read in the paper. It wasn’t long ago we were hearing that Henderson was demanding too much money, in fact it was very recent. I’m not saying this is the case, but I wouldn’t be surprised if FSG leaked this story in order to get the fans to accept him being sold.

£500,000 would make him the highest paid player in the league ahead of Ronaldo and KDB etc so I really doubt he’s seriously demanding that, maybe as a starting off point in negotiations but maybe not even then. Like I said when the hendo story came out, wait and see what happens next until jumping to any conclusions. Negotiations are currently ongoing so we just have to sit tight and see what happens with them.

Having said that this situation really pisses me off that the owners have let his contract run down this much. We’ve heard so much these past few months how we’ve “secured our players long term futures” and we’re contract renewal FC, however this was always the contract I was most worried about (along with VVD). I don’t care that robbo and Trent signed new deals, I never expected them to go anywhere realistically so to me that is just a bit of admin. It’s the big players who foreign clubs are courting that you need to tie down.

As mentioned above we need to wait and see what happens. But if FSG get Salah to sign on the dotted line by hook or by crook then fair play to them I’ll hold my hands up and be impressed. Time will tell…

Pete: Berg, I'm just not cut out to be a good person.
Berg: I know. That's why the Lord gave us good looks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkzkmyOln6I
Under 23 Player
OP Offline
Under 23 Player
this guy has had his agent talk to madrid,barca and the other big boys for the last 2 years or more.
i dont want him to sign a new contract,we should have sold him when he was at peak value!Klopp is only allowed to spend what he makes in player sales.he should have taken the highest offer and rebuilt.Salah is not a club legend.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By kernowred
this guy has had his agent talk to madrid,barca and the other big boys for the last 2 years or more.
i dont want him to sign a new contract,we should have sold him when he was at peak value!Klopp is only allowed to spend what he makes in player sales.he should have taken the highest offer and rebuilt.Salah is not a club legend.

Well, without him we wouldn't have won the CL or the league, so selling him would have been stupid. However, if he is really asking that kind of wage, then yes, we shouldn't accept, but of course he has the right to demand whatever he wants. From your comments you are more emotional than logical

Last edited by EnergisedReds; 05/09/21 05:42 PM.
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
He is the only player that is carrying us, Firmino and Mane have been well below par for over a year now while Salah has continued his fine form. He deserves a pay rise based on his numbers whether he is one footed or not, he will be on 100 pl goals soon, a top tier legend in my books so he deserves a pay rise but not 500k. I highly doubt the story is real anyway.

Back to Back World Champions baby!
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
Originally Posted By Snakeye
He is the only player that is carrying us, Firmino and Mane have been well below par for over a year now while Salah has continued his fine form. He deserves a pay rise based on his numbers whether he is one footed or not, he will be on 100 pl goals soon, a top tier legend in my books so he deserves a pay rise but not 500k. I highly doubt the story is real anyway.

Well put Snakeye, I agree!

Pete: Berg, I'm just not cut out to be a good person.
Berg: I know. That's why the Lord gave us good looks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkzkmyOln6I
E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By Hendominator

I agree, Salah has been a great player for us since he joined, he has consistently scored 20+ goals every season, hasn't caused any real problems for the club, he is our best goal scorer and probably our best player, without his goals we do not win the PL & CL, we also do not qualify for the CL this season, as he scored 22 PL goals in a struggling team and carried us to third last season.

He deserves to be our top paid player IMO, £500K a week if true is far too much, but I do not believe the figures, he knows FSG will never pay that, it is either a negotiation tactic or he is pushing for a move, which is fair enough as he has given us 5 (to be) great years.

He is under contract until June 2023, so we could just keep him on his current deal and let him leave then on a free, if we sold we would probably get around £100 million, without him we would probably not get CL qualification, which is around £50+ million a season minimum, so makes more sense to me to keep him the 2 years if he will not sign a new deal.

kernowred I really do not know why you dislike Salah so much?

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By ecnirp98

I agree, Salah has been a great player for us since he joined, he has consistently scored 20+ goals every season, hasn't caused any real problems for the club, he is our best goal scorer and probably our best player, without his goals we do not win the PL & CL, we also do not qualify for the CL this season, as he scored 22 PL goals in a struggling team and carried us to third last season.

He deserves to be our top paid player IMO, £500K a week if true is far too much, but I do not believe the figures, he knows FSG will never pay that, it is either a negotiation tactic or he is pushing for a move, which is fair enough as he has given us 5 (to be) great years.

He is under contract until June 2023, so we could just keep him on his current deal and let him leave then on a free, if we sold we would probably get around £100 million, without him we would probably not get CL qualification, which is around £50+ million a season minimum, so makes more sense to me to keep him the 2 years if he will not sign a new deal.

If he doesn't sign a new contract can't see him stay for long and hopefully we'll get enough to improve the team like buying Haaland for one. I think we'll sell for even less than 100m if he has only one year left on his contract

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By EnergisedReds
Originally Posted By ecnirp98

If he doesn't sign a new contract can't see him stay for long and hopefully we'll get enough to improve the team like buying Haaland for one. I think we'll sell for even less than 100m if he has only one year left on his contract

If we won't meet Salah's wage demands, we won't meet Haaland/agents wages/fees which is rumoured to be allot more.

If he doesn't sign a deal, I can see FSG trying to sell in the summer, just hard to say who will pay that money with a year left on his deal at 30, that's why I say probably better to keep him as will be lucky to get a replacement of his quality.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
If Salah doesn't sign a new contract he will be sold and I think his or his agent's plan is to have him replacing Mbappe. Not sure how he will fit playing with Messi, they are both so left footed

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion