Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Pickles Offline OP
1st Team Squad
OP Offline
1st Team Squad
Ok so here me out on this one...

With just a year to go on his PSG contract before he walks for FREE, PSG will not want to miss out on getting something for him, especially after just getting Messi who will be on a bumper wage / bonuses.

Real Madrid are being pushed by the Spanish media as the only destination for Mbappe when his contract expires. However both Barcelona and Real Madrid are both suffering with the implications from COVID and FFP, hence why Barcelona could not afford to keep Messi at the club. Madrid have not bought a player in over 2 years because they are in just as much disarray as Barcelona with La Liga's stance on FFP.

Real Madrid have been culling their wage roll with the likes of Ramos and soon to be gone Varane to Utd and there's likely to be more sold to try and make room for Mbappe for next season to get him for FREE.

I think we can all agree that this Liverpool squad is now starting to age with our trident all hitting 30 soon - Bobby will be 30 in Oct, Mane will be 30 next April and Salah will be 30 next June. It's not a matter of if things will have to be addressed but when, with our frontline's age. Jota has been a good signing, however we will need another attacking player / forward within the next year or so because I don't think the likes of Minamino is going to be a viable replacement for any of those front 3.

FSG really should be striking now to go after Mbappe because the Messi
deal to PSG should really be the catalyst for it to happen. The fee to sign Mbappe now rather than him leaving on a Free will have slackened
with one of the most highest paid sportsmen on the planet just added to their ranks.

With Man City likely adding Kane to their squad, Liverpool's ambitions of adding silverware after a turbulent unsuccessful year will become a whole lot harder. Then you have Chelsea's re-emergence, with Abramhovich not being shy with his cheque book and Man Utd also spending on quality players to aid their cause, Liverpool are being held in limbo by owners who are famous for "making do". This time next year Liverpool will have fallen much further behind City and likely Chelsea and Utd, with a year older players.

FSG will have to address our squad sooner or later and they have an opportunity to buy the next best player on the planet (for years to come) at a fraction of what it would normally cost.

B
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
B
Unfortunately Mbappe will be staying at PSG. They want him playing beside Messi so they win the Champions League.

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
If anyone buys Mbappe now he will be £150+ million, no one can afford that, certainly not us/FSG, the only way we could get near him now is if we sold Salah and there is no one to buy him in the current market.

I expect Mbappe will be at Real Madrid start of 2022-23 season, I doubt he will sign a new deal at PSG, but if he does, he will have a decent release fee, abit like Werner did, so PSG still get a decent fee.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Pickles
Ok so here me out on this one...

With just a year to go on his PSG contract before he walks for FREE, PSG will not want to miss out on getting something for him, especially after just getting Messi who will be on a bumper wage / bonuses.

Real Madrid are being pushed by the Spanish media as the only destination for Mbappe when his contract expires. However both Barcelona and Real Madrid are both suffering with the implications from COVID and FFP, hence why Barcelona could not afford to keep Messi at the club. Madrid have not bought a player in over 2 years because they are in just as much disarray as Barcelona with La Liga's stance on FFP.

Real Madrid have been culling their wage roll with the likes of Ramos and soon to be gone Varane to Utd and there's likely to be more sold to try and make room for Mbappe for next season to get him for FREE.

I think we can all agree that this Liverpool squad is now starting to age with our trident all hitting 30 soon - Bobby will be 30 in Oct, Mane will be 30 next April and Salah will be 30 next June. It's not a matter of if things will have to be addressed but when, with our frontline's age. Jota has been a good signing, however we will need another attacking player / forward within the next year or so because I don't think the likes of Minamino is going to be a viable replacement for any of those front 3.

FSG really should be striking now to go after Mbappe because the Messi
deal to PSG should really be the catalyst for it to happen. The fee to sign Mbappe now rather than him leaving on a Free will have slackened
with one of the most highest paid sportsmen on the planet just added to their ranks.

With Man City likely adding Kane to their squad, Liverpool's ambitions of adding silverware after a turbulent unsuccessful year will become a whole lot harder. Then you have Chelsea's re-emergence, with Abramhovich not being shy with his cheque book and Man Utd also spending on quality players to aid their cause, Liverpool are being held in limbo by owners who are famous for "making do". This time next year Liverpool will have fallen much further behind City and likely Chelsea and Utd, with a year older players.

FSG will have to address our squad sooner or later and they have an opportunity to buy the next best player on the planet (for years to come) at a fraction of what it would normally cost.

It's good to believe but you shouldn't dream in daylight

T
Under 18 Player
Under 18 Player
T
It's never... he's not going to pass up the opportunity of playing with Messi. Also, no one can afford him now City are buying Kane.

1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
I think he will stay now that Messi has arrived.

Back to Back World Champions baby!
A
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
A
I still think he will leave PSG now. They will not get £150m with one season left on his contract. This could go to the last day of the window. I still see a situation where we lose Salah to Real Madrid and pick up Mbappe with no net spend on transfer fees.

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By AccaBoosty
I still think he will leave PSG now. They will not get £150m with one season left on his contract. This could go to the last day of the window. I still see a situation where we lose Salah to Real Madrid and pick up Mbappe with no net spend on transfer fees.

RM are after Mbappe and Mbappe has said he would like to play for them, so why would RM not just buy Mbappe if they had that money to spend?

K
Under 18 Player
Under 18 Player
K
mbappe is not coming. what is this madness. why do you think he'll join us when he's playing with Messi and Neymar on astronomical wages. He's world class, and a player we can get on football manager. but not in real life.

P
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
P
Ask yourself if you were Mbappe, why would you come to LFC?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion