Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
T
Under 18 Player
OP Offline
Under 18 Player
T
PSG - really - perennial losers? He'll regret leaving us now. Barca fine - but PSG???

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By The Kop Prophet
PSG - really - perennial losers? He'll regret leaving us now. Barca fine - but PSG???

Perennial losers, really? The only thing they haven't won is the CL and you could say the same about Man City. To begin with, PSG is much more ambitious than us, still have the best player in the world playing for them, Mbappe, and would be paying him more. PSG has also a better chance than us to qualify for CL and win their championship. So I completely understand his choice if they have offered him a better deal than what we were offering.

E
Under 18 Player
Under 18 Player
E
win EPL - checked
win CL - checked
last big payday - checked.
win Ligue 1 - highly probable
win CL - possible....

for someone nearing the end of his prime, not a bad move seriously.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Sounds a decent move to me Barca are broke as well

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
B
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
B
Also, he and his family get to live in Paris for a few years which is pretty cool.

K
Under 18 Player
Under 18 Player
K
Why would he regret it? He is on the late end of his career, what's to bad about playing for a club that will pay double what he earns at Liverpool, and is guaranteed to give him a ligue 1 or two.

J
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
J
I think he's made a great choice. Late in his career and he will be playing with some fantastic players who should go deep into the champions league each year and maybe go the next step and win it.

Absolutely wish him all the best he's desrved it.

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
I was surprised by the move, I thought Barca was his dream, with their history with Dutch platers and a Dutch manager (for now).

PSG is a sensible move, as he gets older Ligue 1 will be easier for him, he can bag a few easy titles/cups, PSG also have the potential to win the CL, they have a good manager and will add big players.

Also being in Paris, it is less of a gold fish bowl than Barca where the club is everything, earning lots more money also, he is reportedly earning £165K week after tax, so there is no way we would every get near that figure, so no one can argue we should have kept him, as it would not be possible.

So who would not do the same in his boots? good luck to him, he has been a great player for us and deserves all he gets, I will miss him, he feels like the first of the PL winning 'Team' to leave, I know Lallana and Lovren left, but they were not regulars by the time they left.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By ecnirp98
I was surprised by the move, I thought Barca was his dream, with their history with Dutch platers and a Dutch manager (for now).

PSG is a sensible move, as he gets older Ligue 1 will be easier for him, he can bag a few easy titles/cups, PSG also have the potential to win the CL, they have a good manager and will add big players.

Also being in Paris, it is less of a gold fish bowl than Barca where the club is everything, earning lots more money also, he is reportedly earning £165K week after tax, so there is no way we would every get near that figure, so no one can argue we should have kept him, as it would not be possible.

So who would not do the same in his boots? good luck to him, he has been a great player for us and deserves all he gets, I will miss him, he feels like the first of the PL winning 'Team' to leave, I know Lallana and Lovren left, but they were not regulars by the time they left.

Indeed, wish him all the best. If any other club can give him a much higher salary, then I don't see why he wouldn't accept, others at LFC are earning higher than that, it's just that the club didn't think he is worth that much. I just hope Klopp was part of the decision

R
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
R
Best of luck to Gini but not really sorry to see him go.

A useful midfielder in Klopp's system but it needs changing. Just a shame he's one of the players who's barely injured. Hopefully we can upgrade.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion