Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#637857 27/04/21 08:03 AM
Dunk Offline OP
KopTalk Editor
OP Offline
KopTalk Editor
Did any of you watch it and if so, what did you think of some fans being back?

Even though it was a limited crowd, I enjoyed them being back and it's the first 90 minutes of football I've watched since fans were locked out.

On another note, putting any personal feelings to one side about Jose Mourinho, do you think it was a bit harsh or even stupid, to sack him ahead of that final and not give him a chance to win it? I thought it was a bit mean ... again, if you hate him, look at it in another way. What if a Liverpool manager had been sacked just before a final?

K
Under 18 Player
Under 18 Player
K
yes

J
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
J
yep, own goal to have a complete noob in charge of a cup final rather than Jose.

1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
Seems relevant to note that Jose was sacked less than 12 hours after Spurs confirmed they will be founding members of a new European Super League alongside five other English clubs.

Did Jose lose his sh...it with Levy over the new plans?

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Was crazy to sack Mourinho at that point, on a one off game, he would be one of the best managers to get a win, he will adjust the team to suit and can beat better teams on paper, look at what he did at Inter & Porto and against us in 2014. I can understand it if they sacked him to bring in a top manager to replace him, like an Simeone or Nagelsmann, but to bring in a rooky manager was a bad mistake.

Will be interesting to see who Spurs go for as permanent manager now, I wonder if they regret getting rid of Poch as he prepares for a CL semi final.

1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
No love lost for Mourinho but they were very naive by sacking a trophy winning machine and even more embarrassing as they haven't lifted a trophy in over 10 years.

Back to Back World Champions baby!

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion