Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
BARTON42 #637729 09/04/21 09:35 AM
J
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
J
Fair enough, my assessment is the midfield had more blood on their hands for the goals than philips.

Have to agree the third goal where he lost the scorer was poor.

But as a lower ranked player being asked to come in and play against Madrid I think he was satisfactory. I know thats not good enough for us but just berrating him when we have no other defenders for me has no point to it, there were 8-9 regular first teamers out there who didn't step up to the plate.

BARTON42 #637730 10/04/21 11:10 AM
A
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
A
First half without doubt the most toothless display I have seen since Klopp arrived. Ferdinand highlighted the mistakes by Phillips on BT but we have to remember he is a championship player at best and at the start of the season would have been about 8th choice at CB.

He is a honest hard working player for which we will now get £5m for instead of £250k.

3-1 a lot better than 2-0.
That first half was about as well as RM can play this season (and they were not that great) so we have a chance if we turn up at Anfield. I think a lot of us, me included, thought that if we turned up at RM and played like we did at Arsenal we would win but our performance was as bad as the one Arsenal put in against us.

jim_beam #637745 11/04/21 12:51 PM
R
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
R
Originally Posted By jim_beam
Fair enough, my assessment is the midfield had more blood on their hands for the goals than philips.

Have to agree the third goal where he lost the scorer was poor.

But as a lower ranked player being asked to come in and play against Madrid I think he was satisfactory. I know thats not good enough for us but just berrating him when we have no other defenders for me has no point to it, there were 8-9 regular first teamers out there who didn't step up to the plate.

My thoughts exactly. No-one thinks Philips is good enough but he's the best we have available. I think he's decent enough to have in the squad, maybe 5th choice if he'd accept it in case we have another injury crisis.

The midfield has been pretty poor all season. Milner's age has caught up with him, Gini's heads already in Barcelona & Keita/Ox can't stay fit. Add that to Fabinho playing CB most of the season and Henderson from midfield to CB to the treatment table, and it's been a season to forget that we still might grind something out of.

2-0 will do it at Anfield. Stranger things have happened..

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion