Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 16 of 17 1 2 14 15 16 17
E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
We have extended the Main Stand, there are plans to extend the Anfield Road which were curtailed by Covid ATM, there is no talk of building a new stadium. It would not make economic sense ATM, so I cannot see it happening, it would need to be more a benefactor project, so unless we are sold to very rich owners who want that project, I do not see it happening.

For me, this is all about being/remaining competitive, Anfield with a crowd of 47,000 was falling being our rivals, now Anfield has 55,000 and improved corporate facilities, and probably growing to 62,000 in the future, will keep us competitive.

Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By ecnirp98
We have extended the Main Stand, there are plans to extend the Anfield Road which were curtailed by Covid ATM, there is no talk of building a new stadium. It would not make economic sense ATM, so I cannot see it happening, it would need to be more a benefactor project, so unless we are sold to very rich owners who want that project, I do not see it happening.

For me, this is all about being/remaining competitive, Anfield with a crowd of 47,000 was falling being our rivals, now Anfield has 55,000 and improved corporate facilities, and probably growing to 62,000 in the future, will keep us competitive.

competitive with what ? short term we will probably keep pace long term less so

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By Stanley Park
Originally Posted By ecnirp98

competitive with what ? short term we will probably keep pace long term less so

Competitive with our rivals, the likes of Man Utd & Arsenal etc, who can come and go with form over the years, but are 'big clubs'. I do not see how having a new stadium with the same amount of seats as we can have at Anfield, would give us any real advantage/improvement, all I see is we would have a big debt to pay back, which would affect the team we can put on the pitch?

Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
you are thinking short term. For me its about the long term status of the club all the top clubs in Europe have magnificent stadia Anfield is landlocked even buying up the terraced houses over past decades. It's also in an area of Liverpool where nothing is happening.

I guess it all depends how you view the club and your time horizons. If we built a new stadium tomorrow at my age I would not see the benefit (in fact it would be worse for me) however fans in 40 years time might.

If that does not bother you then yes lets live for today

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
you are thinking short term. For me its about the long term status of the club all the top clubs in Europe have magnificent stadia Anfield is landlocked even buying up the terraced houses over past decades. It's also in an area of Liverpool where nothing is happening.

I guess it all depends how you view the club and your time horizons. If we built a new stadium tomorrow at my age I would not see the benefit (in fact it would be worse for me) however fans in 40 years time might.

As you say, fans in 40 years might...I am not sure to understand how a beautiful stadium will attack fans, I rather think it is trophies and quality of football/players which attract fans. Newcastle for years had one of the highest stadiums, Arsenal for years had the newest stadium, not sure what that has done to get new fans. You are not convincing at all

Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By EnergisedReds

As you say, fans in 40 years might...I am not sure to understand how a beautiful stadium will attack fans, I rather think it is trophies and quality of football/players which attract fans. Newcastle for years had one of the highest stadiums, Arsenal for years had the newest stadium, not sure what that has done to get new fans. You are not convincing at all

You don't understand the point the stadium is a long-term thing and represents the status of the club this is reflected in fans and exposure long term. Look at all the top clubs in the world they all have magnificent stadiums. Liverpool is the exception and sooner or later it will catch us out. Re Arsenal you are confusing short term success on the field with long term development. Managers and success comes and goes over time.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend

You don't understand the point the stadium is a long-term thing and represents the status of the club this is reflected in fans and exposure long term. Look at all the top clubs in the world they all have magnificent stadiums. Liverpool is the exception and sooner or later it will catch us out. Re Arsenal you are confusing short term success on the field with long term development. Managers and success comes and goes over time.

Yes, I probably dont understand how the design of a stadium will have much of an effect on a club. Yes I can understand when it is the seating capacity and the pitch quality, but how nice looking it is, really? Qatar will probably have the best looking stadiums soon, are they going to takeover world football in the long term? Dont think so. Wembley is one of the greatest stadiums in the world, does that get England more fans?

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E

Yes, I probably dont understand how the design of a stadium will have much of an effect on a club. Yes I can understand when it is the seating capacity and the pitch quality, but how nice looking it is, really? Qatar will probably have the best looking stadiums soon, are they going to takeover world football in the long term? Dont think so. Wembley is one of the greatest stadiums in the world, does that get England more fans?

Anfield is held in huge esteem globally as well, everyone knows the stadium, it is part of the team/club, opposing managers talk of how they fear it and the atmosphere generated, look at games like Barca in the CL, that was amazing, most new stadiums have struggled with atmosphere, so we would probably lose that advantage.

As long as the ground is invested/improved, like it is now with the Main Stand and new facilities there, and the proposed Anfield Rd improvements, I do not see a problem staying at Anfield and improving the ground, which will have the same capacity as a new stadium?

Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
football is a business the emotional stuff is nice

The problem is Anfield is in the wrong place and very restricted. I am sure we could pack more seats in but we trying to put a gallon in a pint pot.

The future is both television and crowds creating a spectacle look at big games they always show overhead views of the ground in its perspective. Look at old trafford on salford quays light years ahead of anfield and always will be simply because of where it is.

There is a reason all the big clubs united barca real madrid all have magnificent stadia

The only way I think I could be wrong is viruses. If Covid or things like covid are to be regular events then large gatherings will not be permitted.

In that case probably Anfield will do

Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
as for the facilities in the main stand get real. i am a season ticket holder yes the main stand is a huge imnprovement on what we had but thats not saying a great deal is it?

The main stand also to me looks odd sure its magnificent but dwarfs the rest of the ground. You could development all the stadium like the main stand but you are left with where it is there is no space

Page 16 of 17 1 2 14 15 16 17

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion