Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 15 of 17 1 2 13 14 15 16 17
Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
Tottenham may be struggling with debts but as I said before this is not about the now it's about the long term. There is a reason Tottenham and other clubs are building modern stadia . A long term that won't be if concern to me personally

So this is not about me it's about the generations to come and a converted old statdium won't cut the mustard sadly and there will come a point in the future when Liverpool FC will start to pay the price.

Everton could well overtake us in the future. It's not about seats and it's about infrastructure and capacity to adapt to change. We are locked in an old stadium forever

However what do I care ? None of this will affect me I will enjoy the now and stuff future generations of fans

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By Stanley Park
Tottenham may be struggling with debts but as I said before this is not about the now it's about the long term. There is a reason Tottenham and other clubs are building modern stadia . A long term that won't be if concern to me personally

So this is not about me it's about the generations to come and a converted old statdium won't cut the mustard sadly and there will come a point in the future when Liverpool FC will start to pay the price.

Everton could well overtake us in the future. It's not about seats and it's about infrastructure and capacity to adapt to change. We are locked in an old stadium forever

However what do I care ? None of this will affect me I will enjoy the now and stuff future generations of fans

The clubs in London tend to have a more compelling business case for new expanded stadia, they have a allot more tourism which they can attract to match day crowds, also, they have the business demand/infrastructure so the stadia can be used for business conferences/meetings etc, Music Concerts etc, bringing in extra revenue.

Stadiums like Highbury & White Hart Lane could not be expanded, as they did not have space to expand into being in the middle of built-up communities, so they had no option but to move to remain competitive, they could also sell their old sites for huge sums due to the price of housing/land un London.

We have been able to expand Anfield by buying the old run down housing surrounding and developing the stadium.

I still think that was the best way to go to keep us competitive on & off the pitch, as we have seen, we cannot raise ticket prices significantly to bring in extra revenue, they can do this in London and people will pay, it is just a different economic model.

If we would have built a new Stadium 5 years ago, I doubt we would have won the CL & PL, as we would not have had the funds to buy/pay the likes of VvD, Alisson, Fab & Salah (to name a few).

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By ecnirp98

The clubs in London tend to have a more compelling business case for new expanded stadia, they have a allot more tourism which they can attract to match day crowds, also, they have the business demand/infrastructure so the stadia can be used for business conferences/meetings etc, Music Concerts etc, bringing in extra revenue.

Stadiums like Highbury & White Hart Lane could not be expanded, as they did not have space to expand into being in the middle of built-up communities, so they had no option but to move to remain competitive, they could also sell their old sites for huge sums due to the price of housing/land un London.

We have been able to expand Anfield by buying the old run down housing surrounding and developing the stadium.

I still think that was the best way to go to keep us competitive on & off the pitch, as we have seen, we cannot raise ticket prices significantly to bring in extra revenue, they can do this in London and people will pay, it is just a different economic model.

If we would have built a new Stadium 5 years ago, I doubt we would have won the CL & PL, as we would not have had the funds to buy/pay the likes of VvD, Alisson, Fab & Salah (to name a few).

Agree, as an example we just need to see what has happened to Arsenal since they built their stadium, and with their best ever manager, Wenger

Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
These days I don't think London is a different model Manchester is one of the fastest growing economies in Europe. Go to Manchester and have a look. That spans the whole of the north west region warrington halfway between the two is due to be a city next few years.

Everton seem to share my view are their board of directors and business advisers idiots ? I think not.

Short term yes save money on the ground spend it on players but neglect the long term and sooner or later you will be found out. However FSG will be long gone by then and probably so will I

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
These days I don't think London is a different model Manchester is one of the fastest growing economies in Europe. Go to Manchester and have a look. That spans the whole of the north west region warrington halfway between the two is due to be a city next few years.

Everton seem to share my view are their board of directors and business advisers idiots ? I think not.

Short term yes save money on the ground spend it on players but neglect the long term and sooner or later you will be found out. However FSG will be long gone by then and probably so will I

But Goodison Park has less than 40k seat capacity and they probably cannot expand, so they have no choice. That said, their owners look to have more to offer than FSG in terms of investment, though that's not very difficult

Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By EnergisedReds

But Goodison Park has less than 40k seat capacity and they probably cannot expand, so they have no choice. That said, their owners look to have more to offer than FSG in terms of investment, though that's not very difficult

Everton are looking long term and their site on the waterfront is very impressive indeed. Lets all hope I am wrong and a decent stadium does not matter

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E

I live in Manchester, tourism is nowhere near the footfall of London, Man Utd & Man City were struggling to fill their stadiums pre-Covid and that is without charging anywhere near the numbers the likes of Arsenal or Chelsea do for tickets/season tickets.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By EnergisedReds

Everton are looking long term and their site on the waterfront is very impressive indeed. Lets all hope I am wrong and a decent stadium does not matter

Let's all rather hope that people continue to come to stadium to watch football and become fan based on performance rather than the architecture of the stadium. Millions of fans abroad where the growth potential is will never put their foot in a stadium. I have supported LFC for more than 40 years and have been at Anfield once but I usually make sure I buy a shirt every season (unless I am unhappy with the net spend of the club on players) and pay my subscription to make sure I can watch all the games live, tv rights and commercial revenue have been the fastest growing and biggest in the last decade.

That said, I am not happy with FSG who let the club finance one stand through a short term debt.

Last edited by EnergisedReds; 27/11/20 09:00 AM.
Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
TV money is critical for top flight football but you will never replace fans at a stadium they create the event. Otherwise, we don't need stadiums at all the game could be played in an indoor gym with cameras at various angles. Maybe in the future you could influence the game by pressing a button on your remote how good would that be?

1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
I believe we have missed the boat in terms of building a new stadium for the foreseeable future. If I recall correctly 12 years ago building a stadium on Stanley Park would of costed 300m. Emirates Stadium was completed for 400m and more recently the Tottenham stadium costed a whopping 1 billion. Prices for land, materials, and labor are going up. How much would it cost to revive the Stanley park plans and start building in this day and age? And who is charitable enough to give away let's say 700m of their wealth for such a cause?

I think it's a pipe dream at this stage if I am being honest, unless something drastic changes we are staying at Anfield for the foreseeable future.

Back to Back World Champions baby!
Page 15 of 17 1 2 13 14 15 16 17

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion